I'm going to get crucified for this BUT

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I was looking to experienced users to share their knowledge. I obviously wouldn't promote any eating disorders jumping to that is extreme to say the least.

Your goal literally requires an eating disorder.
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. I didn't limit the timescale as dramatically as your trying to make out, I said "as close to". Anyone who was actually trying to help would have been constructive and suggested a longer period instead of stirring negativity as you are.
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    Or not...
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    Who would have thought! A person with little knowledge asking questions! Sigh.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You are trying to lose weight several times faster than is remotely healthy.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It seems to me this same poster has been down this no-cal road before....?

To the OP - you could eat literally nothing for the next two weeks and you still won't lose that much weight. What you are asking for can't be done without surgery. Given that you are already lean, even 8 weeks is probably not likely.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Well at least you knew what to expect when you made this thread.

I must say that I can relate as I have a bridesmaids dress to fit into in three weeks which fitted but was definitely on the smaller side before Christmas. I've definitely put on a few kilos since then and am a bit scared to try it on. I think it'll fit but I'd prefer to drop a kilo or two so that I can actually eat on the day and be comfortable.

As the others have said, a lot of what you have put on is most likely water weight. Your best bet is just to eat healthy foods, avoiding refined sugar, refined carbs, excess sodium and foods generally known to cause bloating. Drink lots of water and herbal teas. Eat at a healthy deficit but you could perhaps go a little bigger than usual (but not crazy big) as it is such a short period of time.

You may not be able to lose all the weight but you can probably get rid of a significant portion of it especially as a lot is probably due to water retention.

I do not generally advocate the use of VLCD but don't think it will do much harm to eat at a slightly larger deficit for such a short period of time provided you get back to "normal" eating straight away afterwards.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. I didn't limit the timescale as dramatically as your trying to make out, I said "as close to". Anyone who was actually trying to help would have been constructive and suggested a longer period instead of stirring negativity as you are.

Why is calling out losing 13 pounds in 2 week as a horrible idea negative?

:huh:

Negative dude is doing you a massive favor by keeping it real and not pandering to you.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Instead of shunning this user from a great community maybe you can put in some of your insight on how to lose any water weight, bloating, etc., in a SAFE way, so she doesn't have to resort to drastic measures :)

Have you read any of the replies? There were easily 6-7 with good advice.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    "Low carb low carb low carb"
    Sorry guys, I wouldn't buy into a lifestyle that promotes dehydrating the body.
    Eating more greens and fiber. It will give you a healthier skin glow (I mean who doesn't want that in pics), give you a hydrating boost and act like a natural diuretic for "stubborn" water weight that sticks around when you "accidentally" eat carbs on a low carb diet.
    If anything I would just return the dress and get one that's more flattering so you don't beat yourself up if you don't hit your goal by the event.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

You said the event is in two weeks. Seems like a pretty specific timescale to me.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    spanx_main-hero-image.jpg
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    Again...
    As close to.
    This could infact be more like 4-5 weeks, or more. I don't know when it comes to water weight, which is exactly why I was asking the question.
    In my opinion throwing around anorexia so carelessly (especially in a weight loss forum) is negative yes.
    It has nothing to do with pandering to anybody it's the way in which you chose to either convey guidance and knowledge vs ignorant dismissal.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's try this slowly….are you trying to lose this extra 12 lbs of weight for the event that is happening in two weeks? Because everything from your initial post indicates that you are looking for advice as to how to lose the weight for this particular event, especially the part where you are willing to undertake unhealthy measures to do so.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You said two weeks, people responded under the assumption of that being your goal.

You have received numerous replies. Doing it in two weeks is not possible in a safe manner. The "weight" you gained is likely waterweight as 12lbs in a month for a thin person is highly uunlikely
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Again...
    As close to.
    This could infact be more like 4-5 weeks, or more. I don't know when it comes to water weight, which is exactly why I was asking the question.
    In my opinion throwing around anorexia so carelessly (especially in a weight loss forum) is negative yes.
    It has nothing to do with pandering to anybody it's the way in which you chose to either convey guidance and knowledge vs ignorant dismissal.

You're not ok with people mentioning anorexia so carelessly, because posting a question about losing 6kg in 2 weeks is obviously not careless...

Ok!
  • frabeco
    frabeco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone "freaks" out differently about their weight. I know - I recently went on vacation for 10 days and threw abandon to the wind and came back 8 pounds heavier....whether water weight, bloating or just plain fat, it doesn't really matter, it was still a lot of weight in a short time. So it does happen.

And lets be honest....this girl doesn't need to be LECTURED on the "right" way or the "healthy" way to lose the weight... we all know how a person becomes over weight-yet here we are (most of us) overweight, so we chose to "ignore" what we knew to be the "right" and "healthy" way to eat...and gained weight. So we can't lecture some one for the same thing we did...ignoring healthy eating habits.

What we can do, is give her encouragement, not lecture her about MFP rules, not doubt whether she is telling the truth or not about the weight she gained, not tell her sarcastically to go buy another dress, not call her a troll and not tell her how wrong she is!!!

We are better than that! She needs compassionate guidance, not a bunch of judgmental people jumping down her throat.
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    As. Close. To.
    Okay reading it over again, slowly, nope still missing this part where I'm asking for an unhealthy manor in which to do so.
  • wheird
    Options
    Everyone "freaks" out differently about their weight. I know - I recently went on vacation for 10 days and threw abandon to the wind and came back 8 pounds heavier....whether water weight, bloating or just plain fat, it doesn't really matter, it was still a lot of weight in a short time. So it does happen.

And lets be honest....this girl doesn't need to be LECTURED on the "right" way or the "healthy" way to lose the weight... we all know how a person becomes over weight-yet here we are (most of us) overweight, so we chose to "ignore" what we knew to be the "right" and "healthy" way to eat...and gained weight. So we can't lecture some one for the same thing we did...ignoring healthy eating habits.

What we can do, is give her encouragement, not lecture her about MFP rules, not doubt whether she is telling the truth or not about the weight she gained, not tell her sarcastically to go buy another dress, not call her a troll and not tell her how wrong she is!!!

We are better than that! She needs compassionate guidance, not a bunch of judgmental people jumping down her throat.

Yet here you are, lecturing.
  • wheird
    Options
    As. Close. To.
    Okay reading it over again, slowly, nope still missing this part where I'm asking for an unhealthy manor in which to do so.

The funny part is that you probably expect people to want to help you at this point. :laugh:

I suggest taking a physiology and a nutrition course to educate yourself.