I'm going to get crucified for this BUT

Options

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs. in two weeks on WW, but I was like 50 lbs. overweight then.

OP- Just do what you can reasonably do without resorting to nutty fasts and such. Ignore the pearl-clutching here over aiming to lose any more than .00001 lb/week. Pick up any diet book and it will have an initial aggressive phase designed to drop big pounds quick. It's not going to hurt you for two weeks. Lyle McDonald has an ebook he wrote for quick fat loss for weddings and such. Maybe see if you can scrounge a copy of that up. It's a good read.
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Really? As. Close. To.
    How many times do I have to rewrite that.

I'm baffled that so many of you are so shocked that a person is asking questions to learn how to do something. Anybody would have thought that's the reason for a forum!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You've got your answer - even assuming a lot of it was water weight, you're looking at 1-2 months (or longer) to lose that much weight.

What are we arguing about now?
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    No the funny part is inbetween all your self righteous rants are people willing to and actually helping. And the funnier part is all the private messages I'm receiving off people who are too scared to help because of people like you putting them down.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Really? As. Close. To.
    How many times do I have to rewrite that.

I'm baffled that so many of you are so shocked that a person is asking questions to learn how to do something. Anybody would have thought that's the reason for a forum!

Healthy weight loss is 2 pounds or less per week depending on how much you have to lose. Unless you have more than 50 pounds overweight, 2 pounds is completely unrealistic. 1 pound per week is kind of unrealistic if you have less than 25 to lose. If you choose to lose weight in a healthy way, the most you should lose in 2 weeks in 4 pounds.

People have given you excellent advice on dropping water weight, but really aside from that and eating at a modest deficit that is ALL there is to say.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    No the funny part is inbetween all your self righteous rants are people willing to and actually helping. And the funnier part is all the private messages I'm receiving off people who are too scared to help because of people like you putting them down.

They aren't afraid of a put down, they are afraid of getting strikes or getting banned for TOS violations.
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    Debatable. I've not received one message suggesting anything that would be considered dangerous or eating disorder promoting.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Good. I point out stupid or dangerous answers.
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    If that's all to say, then why on earth wasn't that all you said?!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Run and run a lot. I lose weight quickly when I run everyday!! Good luck!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    If that's all to say, then why on earth wasn't that all you said?!

You should probably use the quote tool. Makes these things easier to follow.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    As. Close. To.
    Okay reading it over again, slowly, nope still missing this part where I'm asking for an unhealthy manor in which to do so.

You asked for a "crash" routine, mentioned an event in 2 weeks and a dress purchased for the event that doesn't fit, and admit that you're under no illusion that it will benefit you in the long term. All of those items send the message that you were looking for quick fix diet advice to lose 12 lbs in 2 weeks, which is why people responded in the manner they did.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    As. Close. To.
    Okay reading it over again, slowly, nope still missing this part where I'm asking for an unhealthy manor in which to do so.

You asked for a "crash" routine, mentioned an event in 2 weeks and a dress purchased for the event that doesn't fit, and admit that you're under no illusion that it will benefit you in the long term. All of those items send the message that you were looking for quick fix diet advice to lose 12 lbs in 2 weeks, which is why people responded in the manner they did.

Only reasonable people would assume this.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There are tons of people on MFP ready and willing to engage in and promote eating disorders and unhealthy calorie deficit a. They communicate via wall post and PM because that crap is not tolerated on the forums.

So I don't doubt that you have tons of anorexic girls and thinspiration girls and whatnot messaging you.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Cut sodium and drink a lot of water for the next couple of weeks. Continue on with your healthy lifestyle & hope for the best.
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    Maybes if these people were a little more reasonable they wouldn't assume quite so much.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    There are tons of people on MFP ready and willing to engage in and promote eating disorders and unhealthy calorie deficit a. They communicate via wall post and PM because that crap is not tolerated on the forums.

So I don't doubt that you have tons of anorexic girls and thinspiration girls and whatnot messaging you.

taxi-drive-clap.gif
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Everyone "freaks" out differently about their weight. I know - I recently went on vacation for 10 days and threw abandon to the wind and came back 8 pounds heavier....whether water weight, bloating or just plain fat, it doesn't really matter, it was still a lot of weight in a short time. So it does happen.

And lets be honest....this girl doesn't need to be LECTURED on the "right" way or the "healthy" way to lose the weight... we all know how a person becomes over weight-yet here we are (most of us) overweight, so we chose to "ignore" what we knew to be the "right" and "healthy" way to eat...and gained weight. So we can't lecture some one for the same thing we did...ignoring healthy eating habits.

What we can do, is give her encouragement, not lecture her about MFP rules, not doubt whether she is telling the truth or not about the weight she gained, not tell her sarcastically to go buy another dress, not call her a troll and not tell her how wrong she is!!!

We are better than that! She needs compassionate guidance, not a bunch of judgmental people jumping down her throat.

Agree!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Maybes if these people were a little more reasonable they wouldn't assume quite so much.

What are we assuming....

You asked how to lose 6kg in two weeks so you can wear a dress that doesn't fit you.

You know this is bad, but a one time thing since you normally know and do better.