Losing Weight for my Little Brother

Options

Replies

• Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You're doing fantastically, keep it up but don't panic if you have a wibble along the way!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Ya got me a lil tearyeyed. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me for support. I would love to see how it goes for you. :)
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Good Luck!!
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    *Update for 23-Feb-14*
    I've been away from this post for a while. Most people who were interested have sent friend requests and I'm thankful for all of them. They've helped a lot so far with questions I've had and just motivation in general. This is a great forum and losing weight has been made much simpler than it has been in the past. So in the past 3 weeks I've lost another 8 lbs. I've also started lifting again this month which is why I'm extremely pleased with the 8 lbs I've lost. I have also been doing Couch25K for the past three weeks as well and I've just felt awesome. So anyways, I guess all of this just to say that I can really see this lasting long term this time and I can't wait to be tested again to donate when I do lose the weight! Take care everybody

Starting weight (5-Jan-14)- 278
    Current Weight (11-Jan-14)- 272.6
    Current Weight (18-Jan-14)- 268.6
    Current Weight (25-Jan-14)- 264.6
    Current Weight (01-Feb-14)- 260.0
    Current Weight (23-Feb-14)- 252.6

Goal Weight- 220
  • 530roman
    Options
    I had a loss that came out of nowhere this week. Friends on here keep me plugging away and now I'm at a lower weight than I have been in a really long time. I'm not content, just extremely pleased with my progress so far. Thanks for reading!

Current Weight (01-Mar-14)- 247.0

Goal Weight- 220
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on! You are doing amazing!:bigsmile:
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This story is amazing and beautiful. Thank you for sharing! Good luck with everything! You're doing amazing so far it seems! Keep it up and you will reach your goal in no time! And bless the amazing person you are for doing it not only to help yourself be healthier but your brother as well.
  • Pippuccia
    Pippuccia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you both. You are wise to think of weight loss as a lifestyle change. Surround yourself with healthy food and remember, drink lots of water, and exercise is the secret...even if it's just taking a daily long walk. When you excercise the body, the mind naturally follows. You can do it..we are all in the same boat. Great Luck to you.:smile::smile:
  • Pippuccia
    Pippuccia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good work...keep at it.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fantastic....keep up the great work. Healthy you and healthy brother... What a fabulous goal. Your baby will be so proud when he is old enough to understand the gift you have given yourself and your family. :flowerforyou:
  • 530roman
    Options
    Another weekly update. Yesterday marked 60 days of working hard and eating right. I feel great and I like to think I'm looking better too. My weight is coming off at a good pace in my opinion. I've found a routine that works for me, I've found foods that have become new favorites, and I've been able to relax my mind when it comes to losing the weight. As long as I continue to burn more than I consume, I think I'll be in good shape.

I got news from the transplant team this week. I will not call it bad news because it's better for me overall. It will just delay the process a little. The team wants me to get my weight down to 210lbs instead of 220lbs (my height and age gives me a BMI of 30 at 210lbs). I'm not discouraged at all because I've made my mind up not to rush losing weight. Especially since I want the weight to stay off, I'm going to do this the right way.

Thanks to everybody who has been keeping up with my little story. I'm going to attempt to attach a photo for the sake of my friends that follow me on here. The pic I added in my profile was just too small I believe. I'm also updating my weight for this week, and setting a new goal weight (210lbs).

15y93px.jpg

Current Weight (07-Mar-14)- 243.8

Goal Weight- 210
  • all4my4girls
    all4my4girls Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the gret work! We are all rooting for you and your brother!
  • Nascha333
    Nascha333 Posts: 56
    Options
    What a difference! You've come so far and you're doing SO well! There is no doubt in my mind, you will reach your goals. :) Such an inspiration, i'm glad to be able to witness it!
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You're doing soooo well and as a renal nurse I can't think of a kinder thing to do nor better motivation :o)
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Inspirational - well done! You can do it!
  • Uneya
    Uneya Posts: 4
    Options
    Very heart felt story. I would recommend you log into MFP everyday and honestly type in your daily calorie intake and excercise as it WILL keep you in check, ..wish you all the look in your goal and to read your post in 6 months time to say you did it! Keep us posted.
  • frankclark12
    Options
    Yes you are right you should honestly record you daily calorie and keep you check in.

http://www.garciniacambogiaextractt.com/
  • 530roman
    Options
    Another good week! Finished week 6 of CouchTo5K running 22 minutes straight and covering 2.54 miles. It's a great feeling seeing progress not only on the scale, but in my fitness as well. It's becoming a habit to log and exercise daily so it's only getting easier at this point. Thanks for reading!

Current Weight (07-Mar-14)- 243.8
    Current Weight (14-Mar-14)-240.2

Goal Weight- 210
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You are killing it!! Great job, keep going!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I applaud you. Whatever I can do to help, just PM me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition