Losing Weight for my Little Brother

Options
123457»

Replies

• mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You are both so darn adorable! (Your baby too, of course!)

My advice is this: Don't say "I can donate this kidney if I lose the weight." Say this, "I WILL DONATE THIS KIDNEY WHEN I LOSE THE WEIGHT!" DETERMINATION works better, and lasts much longer, than motivation. By convincing yourself that you will be successful, YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!

I'll be praying for you...and I CANNOT WAIT to read of your success!
    :flowerforyou:
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating! I was thinking about you and came back to this thread. Glad to see you are still at it. Wonderful!! :smile:
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated in a while but things are going great! I finished C25K last week and have been maintaining 30 minute runs this week. I'll continue to do that until I get back from my cruise next week. I will begin a 10K trainer when I get home. My hope for the upcoming week is to not go *too* far overboard on the cruise (pun intended). I do plan on letting loose and eating what I want, I just hope that I can control the "wants". Anyways, I'm under 20 lbs from my goal weight for the transplant and have almost reached the "50 lb lost" mark.
    As always, thanks for reading!!

Starting weight (5-Jan-14)- 278
    Current Weight (11-Jan-14)- 272.6
    Current Weight (18-Jan-14)- 268.6
    Current Weight (25-Jan-14)- 264.6
    Current Weight (01-Feb-14)- 260.0
    Current Weight (23-Feb-14)- 252.6
    Current Weight (01-Mar-14)- 247.0
    Current Weight (07-Mar-14)- 243.8
    Current Weight (14-Mar-14)-240.2
    Current Weight (05-Apr-14)- 229.4

Goal Weight- 210
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! I know you can do this!! :-)
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great work.
    Just wanted to say that I have worked with people with kidney disease for many years and I think that what you are going to do for your brother is just awesome!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly! Enjoy your vacation and I'm sure you'll be back on it when you get back :smile:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Not many posts bring tears to my eyes on here, but yours definitely did. I haven't seen this thread before, but will definitely be following your progress now. What an amazing motivation for you to be able to give life to your brother. My mother was on dialysis for 3 years and it is not a fun experience. I can't imagine having to do it as a kid.

No greater love than this, that a man lay down his life (or kidney) for a friend (or brother).

Keep posting updates!!!
  • Trashtruck
    Options
    Love is an amazing motivator :) You can do this!
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you can do it! log everything you eat, its a real eyeopener and from there you make little changes, I suggest not skipping meals or cutting out carbs, incorporate a bit of everything , restricting calories just sets me up for a tornado fiesta in the kitchen :sad: :laugh:
  • paydenandrileysmomma
    paydenandrileysmomma Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! I have literally been searching the threads for a story like this! My aunt found out in February of this year of her stage five kidney failure and immediately myself and other family members jumped in to be tested. After being narrowed down to 3 matches, and the other two being disqualified it has come down to me. I have my second round of blood work tomorrow. I need to lose 20 - 30 lbs which for me is more difficult then it seems. I keep flopping back and forth between being motivated and discouraged. I don't want to tell her I can't because I was too selfish to lose the weight. She is one of the most selfless, caring people I have ever known and I want to be able to do this for her.

Congrats on your progress thus far, it is truly inspiring. Looking forward to reading about the day you reach your goal!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story. Best of luck to you & your brother!
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    How are you getting on OP?