Have you decided not to weigh yourself daily? Please share:)

Options
1235»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I don't see the point in doing it any more often than that... weight fluctuates so much.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    im the opposite :) i only go by measurments so i decided ill weiht myself daily, just to see the fluctations.

my weight fluctated for 4!!!!! kilograms in a week, that around almost 9 pounds!!!

so now im back to weighin in just when i remember or feel like it :D
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hell no. Every time i gained weight backwas because i stopped weighing myself. It leads to not weighing your food, and eventually stop exercising. Dont stop, trust me.
    ^^^^^^^
    This
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily *because of* the fluctuations. Those fluctuations don't magically disappear if you weigh weekly or monthly. By weighing daily, I can see and understand that my weight may change up to +/-6 pounds and frequently changes +/-3 pounds in just 24 hours...so when it happens, there's nothing to worry about. (And when I fit a line to all those daily data points, I get a nice smooth line that happens to trend with my expected gain/loss based on my food/exercise log).

That said, you don't *need* to weigh yourself often (or at all) for success...but I find it a useful metric.

Bingo. Decreasing the sample frequency doesn't prevent variation from happening, it just makes it less likely for you to have the complete picture when you DO weigh in.

^this
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once, maybe twice a week. I'm coasting into menopause the long way and my hormones are insane, so sometimes I get hormonal water weight gain for no apparent reason, as well as when I'd expect it. For my own sanity, it's best to keep the weigh-ins infrequent and at regular intervals.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, and the "why" is simple - I don't want to be dependent on a number to feel motivated, or to feel good about myself.

Well, and it's FREEZING in my restroom. XD Stripping to weigh every morning is a really unpleasant thought, and weighing at night is just asking to make excuses, or to feel bad because I'm full of water, or WHATEVER.
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Okay here's the deal. I DO weigh daily. I weigh to keep in touch with a trend. However I am not 'concerned' with it. What I AM really in touch with is how my clothes fit. Are those NON ELASTIC WAIST jeans fitting tighter, loser, falling off my fanny or do I need a new pair? THAT is my real truth that I'm looking for.

I KNOW that when I am eating right and exercising converting that fat to muscle the SCALE WILL GO UP and my clothes size can GO DOWN. Yepper, that is true so it doesn't mess with my head.

Never the less . . . It is NICE to watch the graph on a gentle but continual downward slide on an average of 5 lbs a month. IF I didn't weigh daily I might not keep in tune with a trend.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. That's what works for me . . . whatever works for you is great too!

CC
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    once a week....never even considered everyday. Water retention or how much fiber you eat makes every day too paranoid. I weigh every Monday, so that leaves weekends more restricted because of accountability. ( I see a personal trainer every Monday to keep me real).
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I weigh in nce a month ( or every two months) at my doctors office. I don't own a scale. Losing weight is just a by product of healthy living. It is not my goal and I do not hang my self worth upon numbers.