Tips for a first date? (guys only..)

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Also, forget the flowers. Last quasi/sorta/not really date I went on, I brought the chick some Cellucor C4. True story. Of course, she don't like me. So you prolly shouldn't head my advice lol
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Also, forget the flowers. Last quasi/sorta/not really date I went on, I brought the chick some Cellucor C4. True story. Of course, she don't like me. So you prolly shouldn't head my advice lol

OMG, will you marry me? I like the fruit punch flavor! :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love:
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    Dont take her to a roach coach and feel good about paying etheir.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Opening car doors and holding doors for her -- yes!!! Flowers are nice, but they'd die in the car while you are on your date (so it might be a waste of money). Being old fashioned, I'd say you pay for the date (don't make it real expensive). Good luck.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think the advice from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back works best here:

Angel Jay: You gotta go from the heart, yo. No little perv-bullsh*t's gonna work for this one. Be smooth. Be Don Juan de la Nooch...Remember: Don't pull your d*ck out 'till she asks, or until she's sleeping. BOOOONG...

This should be someone's user name. DonJuandeLaNooch!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    When you guys say "loaded weapon", do you mean what I think you mean?

Yes. Flog the dolphin, buddy.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    They are talking about whether or not to chocke the chicken, spank the monkey, stroke the salami, whatever you wanna call it before you go on the date. If you don't, you'll think about sex a lot more and it will probably influence you without you knowing it. BUT, if you do and then can't perform later you're not gonna be asked back.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Yes. Flog the dolphin, buddy.

Yep. Kellen Winslow
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Flowers are nice, but they'd die in the car while you are on your date

You don't take the flowers on the date. You take them to the door and she puts them in water before you go.
  • maffff
    maffff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Walk up to the house wearing just the protection, that'll show both your dominence and preparedness. But be careful when slamming the car door shut.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

You don't take the flowers on the date. You take them to the door and she puts them in water before you go.

No flowers before a first date.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Listen up.

Instead of flowers think of something interesting she likes. Something small. Her favorite candy is a good one.

Second, you follow Bronx Tale rules:

You meet her at the door. You walk her to your car. Place your hand on the small of her back. Unlock the car door and let her get in. Hold it open until she's seated comfortably. Then you walk around the back of the vehicle, look through the rear windshield. And...

BronxTale_zpsc498aa1e.jpg

Oh, and THIS. Although, I've personally found that the invention of remote locks has made this one tricky. What are you going to do? Unlock the doors to let her in and then relock them so she can lean over to unlock it? Personally, I think remote locks ruined the best dating test EVER.

Seriously. If I'm with a girl I don't use them. I use the key and open her door always.

Stupid fob technology.

I'm the kind of woman that would in a heartbeat unlock a door if I knew it was locked. Thanks to fobs though it wouldn't even cross my mind. Not to mention some of the cars I've been in will unlock all the doors if one was opened with a key. I don't think this is a good way to judge a woman's character. I would have failed that test miserably, yet I gladly unlock my bf's apartment door for him because he's nice enough to carry all the stuff inside :D

Somebody else mentioned ignoring the 3 day rule and texting her in the morning. I agree about ignoring that stupid "rule" but call her! As much as I enjoy how easy it is to text while I'm preoccupied with something else, nothing beats a phone call from a guy that I had a nice date with!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Walk up to the house wearing just the protection, that'll show both your dominence and preparedness. But be careful when slamming the car door shut.

:laugh: winning!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I cannot figure out how you're single. It boggles the mind.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Listen up.

Instead of flowers think of something interesting she likes. Something small. Her favorite candy is a good one.

Second, you follow Bronx Tale rules:

You meet her at the door. You walk her to your car. Place your hand on the small of her back. Unlock the car door and let her get in. Hold it open until she's seated comfortably. Then you walk around the back of the vehicle, look through the rear windshield. And...

BronxTale_zpsc498aa1e.jpg

I planned on giving him the Bronx tale advice too, but since most cars are remote entry, there is no button to lift up. What I do (I am a woman) is lean over and open the car door from the inside. ;)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

I cannot figure out how you're single. It boggles the mind.

A stranger with whom you have no history does not appreciate the gesture. Alpha males do not attempt to curry favor through supplicating gestures, their actions appeal to women on an emotional/sexual level.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Yeah, my concealed carry sidearm. If wanted to throw something at someone, I would carry a rock. My weapon is always loaded.

Wait a second...

YOU GUYS ARE SICK!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just the tip? :smokin: