Do you leave your kids alone in the car?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I have an 8 year old and a 4 year old and as much as a PAIN it is to always unbuckle them and drag them into stores with me I do. Even if I'm running into the drugstore for a tube of toothpaste like I did last night! I have seen some little kids in cars by themselves but just wondering if you do this, have ever done it, or it's even legal. I remember my mom leaving my brothers and I in the car for a short trip into the store when we were little but now I'm hearing to NEVER do this. Not judging at all!

Just wondering your thoughts on the subject! Thanks!

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I never did. My kids have survived to be 19 and 20.

Draw whatever conclusions you want.

LOL
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I never left them alone...

I was always it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Depends
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    No, never, absolutely not under any circumstance ever.

Edit: Okay, that isn't fair. I may leave my precious baby in the vehicle if I'm pulling into an ER at 500mph because my other child got hurt and the valet will bring my other, unharmed baby to me inside. And even then, I may need to hold the valet's license until the return of my kid.
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    People really dont have better things to ask? Man if Zombies take over they are going to feel pissed when they cant find brains anywhere.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER EVER. N.E.V.E.R.
  • SymphonynSonata
    Options
    NEVER EVER EVER. N.E.V.E.R.

<333 Thank you, I totally wish I could like your post! You aren't from Florida, are you? Florida is where all of the craziness happens.
  • randomtai
    Options
    You aren't from Florida, are you? Florida is where all of the craziness happens.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :noway:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    no, because I live in Bahrain, even on a relatively cold day, the car can heat up like an oven very quickly. Plus, unexpected bad stuff can happen. a few years ago I read in the newspapers about a mother who left her kids in the car with the engine running for a very short time, the engine caught fire, CO gas went into the car, the kids died in a very short time. I can't remember how many minutes it was exactly, but the point is that things can go wrong and kids (or pets) can die very quickly, and won't know how to unlock the car to get out.
  • SymphonynSonata
    Options
    You aren't from Florida, are you? Florida is where all of the craziness happens.

Check out the Orlando Sentinel for a week or two straight and then ask yourself if you'd leave your kid in the vehicle.

I think not!
  • randomtai
    Options

Check out the Orlando Sentinel for a week or two straight and then ask yourself if you'd leave your kid in the vehicle.

I think not!

That can happen anywhere. Not just Florida. Wow... :noway:
  • SymphonynSonata
    Options

I think not!

Oh, okay. Your baby is in serious risk anywhere. All the more reason to leave them unattended with freaks circling about like sharks. Because 1 in 1,000,000, right? Well, my kid will NOT be that 1.

Note: There has been a lot of talk around here about the insaneness of Florida, so if you think it was "wow" of me to post the Florida bit, it was in jest. And seriously, check OrlandoSentinel.com, the headlines are outrageous.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I definitely remember being left alone in the car as a kid. Nothing ever happened to me...

DISCLAIMER: NEVER on a hot day, and usually not with the car running

Also, your parents rode in cars with no seat belts, drank from the hose, had lead paint toys and they survived..
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Only if it's a bar that doesn't allow children.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i dont even leave my dog alone in the car.
  • randomtai
    Options

I think not!

Oh, okay. Your baby is in serious risk anywhere. All the more reason to leave them unattended with freaks circling about like sharks. Because 1 in 1,000,000, right? Well, my kid will NOT be that 1.

Note: There has been a lot of talk around here about the insaneness of Florida, so if you think it was "wow" of me to post the Florida bit, it was in jest. And seriously, check OrlandoSentinel.com, the headlines are outrageous.

K.. *puts on tinfoil hat*

tinfoilhat1170383657.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, we got left inthe car a lot -- rarely alone, only if there were other kids with us. I never did it with my daughter, though.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 & 11....NO.
    I have seen the same, disturbing, or running around the car with no seat belts on!!! crazy!