I'm Sexy and I Know It - My First Year of Strength Training

Options

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just a quick addition. I competed in my first powerlifting competition on Saturday and achieved a 235kg (517lb) total at 61.2kg bodyweight (big breakfast beforehand).

I won't promise the weights in the image match the top weights that I achieved but they were:

85kg squat (missed 90kg on depth, because my stance was too narrow)
    tc4eCTMl.jpg

50kg bench
    S3QBTzyl.jpg

100kg deadlift (10kg over my previous best... and it was EASY)
    MLiH41El.jpg

I was a little excited by making that lift... as that gave me the qualifying total for the British National Championships (in my weight class):
    CuWbGFRl.jpg
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    ^Oh my! :love:
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting and this is incredible! Thank you for sharing..you look amazing!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your results are very inspiring.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!! Love you in that pink dress, looking awesome!!!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You look freaking GORGEOUS!! High five and a bear hug for your awesomeness!!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I was a little excited by making that lift... as that gave me the qualifying total for the British National Championships (in my weight class):
    CuWbGFRl.jpg

Yay you! Love this.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    great work!! I wish I started lifting when I was younger- I still enjoy it but cant lift too heavy or my back starts to have trouble. I love what it does to my body though so I do all I can until I know my back is going to give out!
  • FionaDFair
    FionaDFair Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    wow...thats just awesome

I'm kinda a newbie to weights and have just started stage 2 of NROL4W. I have noticed differences too but I feel like such a weakling still...how did you keep motivated?

pix x

It helps that I loved feeling strong from the very first day I took up weights, but focusing on the little wins makes it worth it.

I still work with a trainer sometimes (once a month in person, but he's always available on email) and he said once that only one workout in five will be amazing. One will be a total slog and three will be "meh".

Oh, and having a training buddy (or buddies) who you can have a laugh with really helps. I have my husband and I joined a strength club in my work gym who are amazing support.

I really should have done shout outs for Heather at the Strong for Life club, our trainer Greg, the fabulous sarauk2sf, the inspiring lorinalynn, the gang on NerdFitness and everyone on Eat, Train, Progress... and so many more!

I have been looking into NerdFitness. Glad you gave them a mention. And WHAT AWESOME RESULTS! You look strong, lean and like your hard work is paying off. So proud of -and inspired by- you!!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You totally rock! Great job!
  • 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You did a great job!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!! W00T!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done!

BOOM!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    amazing thread!! great work you look amazing and fantastic on the power lift meet!!! that's double amazing!
    wow...thats just awesome

I'm kinda a newbie to weights and have just started stage 2 of NROL4W. I have noticed differences too but I feel like such a weakling still...how did you keep motivated?

pix x

It helps that I loved feeling strong from the very first day I took up weights, but focusing on the little wins makes it worth it.

I still work with a trainer sometimes (once a month in person, but he's always available on email) and he said once that only one workout in five will be amazing. One will be a total slog and three will be "meh".

Oh, and having a training buddy (or buddies) who you can have a laugh with really helps. I have my husband and I joined a strength club in my work gym who are amazing support.

I really should have done shout outs for Heather at the Strong for Life club, our trainer Greg, the fabulous sarauk2sf, the inspiring lorinalynn, the gang on NerdFitness and everyone on Eat, Train, Progress... and so many more!

I have been looking into NerdFitness. Glad you gave them a mention. And WHAT AWESOME RESULTS! You look strong, lean and like your hard work is paying off. So proud of -and inspired by- you!!

The nerds- we are awesome. come join us on the awesome side.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

What I did:

Lifted heavy.
    Tracked my intake and TDEE
    Ate like a pig - I make room for chocolate, ice cream and most importantly steak.

What I didn't do:

Starve

TL;DR Was always fat. Started lifting and IIFYM. Now size 10s (US 6) are too big other than in high end designer brands and I still eat like a total pig!

P.S. I'm entering my first powerlifting competition in February. I don't expect to win, but I love it!

And I look less like a man than I ever have!

Absolutely love these comments. You ROCK and LIFT and it shows. Happy anniversary! :love: :love: :love:

And good luck in your next the competition, because I know there will be another one.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! You look gorgeous - so toned and healthy!! You should be the MFP mascot! congrats to you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

CuWbGFRl.jpg

Yay you! Love this.
    x2
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    swooning.gif
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You look awesome :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!