I'm Sexy and I Know It - My First Year of Strength Training

Options

Replies

• trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I'm sure your story will inspire many. It has me and will share this with my wife and friends!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome!!!! :flowerforyou:

1 year lifting also for me!! Love lifting!! :smile:
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You honestly look stunning now. I'm so jealous. I can't seem to get a trainer to show me how to lift free weights. They just keep pushing me towards the machines.

fire that awful trainer. Srsly
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, what a transformation! You are very inspiring, thanks for posting your story. :smile:
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    wow. great results.
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cool to see your hard work paying off.
  • teaparty75
    Options
    so glad i decided to troll the boards today - this has provided me w/some serious inspiration/motivation !! i've been lifting for a few months now and while the scale hasn't really moved - i can tell "something" is working because i'm starting to see my waist again and my clothes are fitting much better !! i will keep at it and hope for amazing results like yours !!
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are a fit and strong BABE and you look like a completely different person. I love stories like yours, food and lifting! Two of my favourites, and losing!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Fabulous success story!!:)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    fantastic job! your hard work/effort paid off - you look absolutely fabulous :)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look amazing!!
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wooooow!!! u look amazing!!! I'm so inspired to lift!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic success story! You look great, your lifts are AWESOME (You love OHP?! I'm jealous!), and I love that you focused on being healthy and not depriving yourself!

I have to wonder, though: how did you determine your bf%? You look lower than 27%!

So happy for your success; good luck on your upcoming competition! Would love to see you talk about then after!

For some reason I was blessed with unusually strong shoulders for a girl, so OHP comes really easily to me (plus it feels so badass pushing big weights over my head).

The percentages are from a BIA scale. I know they're inaccurate but it's comparing like for like. Sara and SideSteel on ETP estimate me a fair bit lower.
  • SpecialSundae
    Options
    Hey there, I'm wondering if you lifted every day? The gym I go to recommends lifting every other day and doing cardio on the days you don't lift. They also recommend taking one of two days "off" every week. I'm an all or nothing type of girl, so I desperately want to lift every day, but that's not recommended. What did you do?

I lifted three days a week when I was doing both my trainer's programme and StrongLifts. Now I'm doing four days a week on 5/3/1.

You need rest to get stronger. Pushing yourself everyday leads to burnout. I got ill or injured at times when I overdid it through over-enthusiasm.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This is so full of win. You look fantastic.

Keep us posted on your PL competition.
  • SpecialSundae
    Options
    so glad i decided to troll the boards today - this has provided me w/some serious inspiration/motivation !! i've been lifting for a few months now and while the scale hasn't really moved - i can tell "something" is working because i'm starting to see my waist again and my clothes are fitting much better !! i will keep at it and hope for amazing results like yours !!

The scale slowed a lot for me for the last few months, so I tried to focus on wins with the weights... And barely realised/accepted that I'd dropped another dress size!

Stick with it and focus on little wins/NSVs.
  • SpecialSundae
    Options
    This is so full of win. You look fantastic.

Keep us posted on your PL competition.

Thank you so much! You've been a huge inspiration through the last year.

Can't wait to get on the platform. It's going to be so much fun!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    And I look less like a man than I ever have!

QFT!

Nice job!!!!
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

The scale slowed a lot for me for the last few months, so I tried to focus on wins with the weights... And barely realised/accepted that I'd dropped another dress size!

Stick with it and focus on little wins/NSVs.

Same story with me: I was so happy with making consistent progress in the weight room that I didn't notice the scale had stopped moving, or that my clothes kept getting looser.

Thanks for sharing your awesome story. You look great and you're moving some serious weight around. Congrats!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    This is the inspiration I needed! I've just started getting serious the past two weeks about strength training (still using machines while I read about free weights - I'm terrified to do them, especially since I don't have a gym buddy to keep me from hurting myself.) Obviously I'm not going to see results now, but I'm DYING to see what will happen when they do start coming through. You've given me a glimpse.

Congrats, all your hard work has definitely paid off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!