What do you eat for breakfast while pressed for time?

Options

Replies

• westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I make refrigerator overnight oats the night before. I make them in a small mason jar so if I must I can eat them in my car.

Base = 1/4 C rolled oats, 1/3 C Milk, 1/4 C Greek Yogurt & 1 Tb chia seeds. from there you can add 1/4 C of Banana & 1 Tb cocoa powder OR 1/4 C apple sauce & 1/2 tea cinnamon OR 1/4 C banana &1 Tb Peanut butter OR 1/4 C berries & 1/4 tea vanilla. you can also add 1tea of sweetener of choice to any of the above combos.

Very filling & and a fair amount protein! depending on your milk and yogurt of choice you can make them for as few as 130 calories ( mine are typically around 230 though ) add some toast and run. I love em!!

Are you going over on your carbs by the end of the day?

I am loving this idea. So how do you prepare this ahead of time?

really just stir it all together until well mixed (I do so right in the jar, though that can take some practice to not make a big mess lol ) slap a lid on it and let it sit overnight. couldn't be easier!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
  • Naomibunluv123
    Naomibunluv123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, yogurt and berries:)
  • pieberry
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes a good frozen egg white, turkey sausage and cheese on an English muffin for 250 calories and 17 grams of protein. It takes about 2 minutes to heat in the microwave and it is delicious. They are expensive at the supermarket, so I buy them at Costco for a fraction of the price.
  • ellenmg
    ellenmg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel (protein bar) is my morning breakfast daily!! I literally love the taste and it's so easy to grab and go, but also easy so that I don't have to wonder what I am going to have to breakfast each day.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'll usually just grab an apple and some cheese or a granola bar.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    i just saw a nutritionist and she told me that you can have 2 carbs and 1 protein in the morning. So this can be a slice of whole wheat bread (1 carb) with almond butter (protein) and 1/2 a banana (carb). its perfectly fine.

Nut butter is more of a fat source than a protein source...you'd probably get more protein from the bread!

I have made frittata/crust less quiche with eggs/whites, loads of vegies and sometimes meat. You can bake the mix in a big dish and portion it out, or make it in muffin trays. Freeze individual portions, get one out the night before to defrost. You can reheat them or eat them cold, and they're really portable
  • emmajo99
    emmajo99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with eating breakfast every morning since I was in high school and it's been even harder in college. I NEVER wake up on time in the morning and its usually enough time to shower, brush teeth, and get dressed. For the past 8 years, I've pretty much stopped thinking about eating in the morning! Bad idea!

In high school, my mom bought me nutrition supplement drinks (like ensure shakes) so that I can drink them on the way to school. Not the diet shakes, but something that could be a meal replacement. I've just decided to bring that back in the mornings and its been so nice! I can really feel the difference between drinking those and not having breakfast! A lot less snacking at night...

Since I wasn't eating anything until 12-1pm everyday, I really needed to add something to my mornings and this is my solution. :) At least until I can convince my body to get up earlier (ha!).
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually do a chocolate banana-strawberry protein shake. The way I make it has 300 cals and 20 g of protien. Keeps me full for 4 hours and is nummy!
  • jessicalilly77
    Options
    I am the same way...always pressed for time. I make a shakeology every morning either on the go or at home. It is low glycemic and taste good. Very low in calories, I think the chocolate one I drink with almond milk is 240 calories. It usually lasts 2-3 hours until I actually feel hungry. If you haven't heard about Shakeology please visit my website: www.jessicalilly.com
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I cook my veggie omelette, scrambled eggs, egg burritos or boiled eggs the night before. I just warm them up at work. I do keep oatmeal packets in my desk drawer just in case.
  • jooles48
    Options
    1/2 cup ff cottage cheese, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries,1/2 cup all bran original cereal. I layer it in a small mason jar and pop it in the fridge..grab and go in the morning. 170 calories
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel (protein bar) is my morning breakfast daily!! I literally love the taste and it's so easy to grab and go, but also easy so that I don't have to wonder what I am going to have to breakfast each day.

These are delicious!! Luna bar also makes a peanut honey pretzel that is good.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl egg mugs, you can make ahead and microwave before you leave or at work. I like the Denver, California and Mexicali a lot.

Toasted mini whole wheat bagel with a maple veggie sausage like from morning farms.

Toasted english muffin with a slice of tomato and 2% american or thin slice of swiss cheese. Microwave to melt cheese.
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    steak and eggs
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    steak and eggs in butter. fry it in the pan for a few minutes and bam. Alternatively get a slow cooker! put ingredients in the night before set it 8 hours and bam.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I'm short on tim, I usually make Chocolate Banana Protein shake Just blend one serving of vanilla whey protein, a small banana, 1 cup of almond or coconut milk (50 calories or less), and 2tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. If you want, you can add 1/4 of uncooked oatmeal or 1 tbsp PB2 or 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter. It's filling and tasty!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I make a baked oatmeal casserole ahead of time and portion it out into Tupperware containers.
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Either I skipped entirely for breakfast..or I will go for my favourite instant cook oatmeal with a tablespoon of condensed milk
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I was short of time this morning, my idea is in my diary. Protein powders are wonderful shortcuts.