What do you eat for breakfast while pressed for time?

Options

Replies

• MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    A slice of toast with half an avocado and a protien milk is my go to breakfast. I don't really like tradition breakfast foods and I would rather sleep a little longer than make myself a full breakfast anyway
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers, or deli turkey wrapped in a slice of swiss or lettuce leaf - whichever's handy.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    While I don't believe there can actually be too many carbs in one sitting (well, maybe in a pie eating contest), it sounds like your to go meals are lacking in protein and fat, which is probably why you're hungry. Try a protein bar, or maybe cheese and crackers with fruit? A lot of people like protein shakes, but I couldn't have one for breakfast.
  • Maritimer1
    Maritimer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hard boiling a few eggs and having them waiting in the fridge is a quick and easy breakfast.
  • kateyharris9998
    kateyharris9998 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    banana. and sometimes banana and nut butter
  • 9dan22
    9dan22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    that's what I do, but sometimes I just poach them if I'm on a hurry
  • dannibefit
    dannibefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Make overnight oatmeal the previous evening and add whey protein.. I couldn't go without it!
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dannibefit I do that too! oat groats put in a thermos with boiling hot water and the next morning it's done! frigging awesome. Blue berries and nuts to go with it and if you wanted it sweet raw honey, and if you liked chocolate, cacao butter. delicious
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I also keep hard boiled eggs on hand, raw almonds, string cheese, and 100% veggie juice too.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I make refrigerator overnight oats the night before. I make them in a small mason jar so if I must I can eat them in my car.

Base = 1/4 C rolled oats, 1/3 C Milk, 1/4 C Greek Yogurt & 1 Tb chia seeds. from there you can add 1/4 C of Banana & 1 Tb cocoa powder OR 1/4 C apple sauce & 1/2 tea cinnamon OR 1/4 C banana &1 Tb Peanut butter OR 1/4 C berries & 1/4 tea vanilla. you can also add 1tea of sweetener of choice to any of the above combos.

Very filling & and a fair amount protein! depending on your milk and yogurt of choice you can make them for as few as 130 calories ( mine are typically around 230 though ) add some toast and run. I love em!!

Are you going over on your carbs by the end of the day?

I am loving this idea. So how do you prepare this ahead of time?

really just stir it all together until well mixed (I do so right in the jar, though that can take some practice to not make a big mess lol ) slap a lid on it and let it sit overnight. couldn't be easier!

OK thanks. Do you cook the oatmeal portion first or just mixed the dried oates and nuke in the am?
  • krazeedr
    krazeedr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I go to Dunkin Donuts and get an egg white turkey sausage flatbread sandwich without cheese. Pressed for time, to me, means eating in my car as I'm driving to work, lol
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I spend a little bit of time each Sunday evening preparing my meals for the week. For breakfasts I pour egg whites into a muffin pan and bake them, topping each with a tablespoon or two of park skim mozzarella when they are near done. I then toast some whole grain english muffins, and pop one of the egg white "muffins" into an english muffin with a little mustard. Then I throw them all in the fridge! So easy to grab on your way out the door and very filling! I usually have one with a single serve fat-free greek yogurt and maybe a little fruit if I feel like it.

And coffee. Lots of coffee. :wink:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup quick oats, 2/3 cup water with 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract stirred in, microwave for a minute and a half, stir in a spoonful of jam and add some milk. Delicious, fast and easy and it fills you until lunch.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Light Greek Yogurt & Banana is my typical go to
    OR
    Light Greek Yogurt & almonds
  • dubyugh
    dubyugh Posts: 19
    Options
    Wake up early enough to reward yourself with a great breakfast. This is the foundation of your ENTIRE day!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    When i'm running for the train at 5.30 it's a handful of nuts (brazils and almonds), a big glass of water and an espresso. Takes about a minute while i finish getting dressed... It just gets me through to lunch, although I'm watching the minutes count down from about 11.30!
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I make refrigerator overnight oats the night before. I make them in a small mason jar so if I must I can eat them in my car.

Base = 1/4 C rolled oats, 1/3 C Milk, 1/4 C Greek Yogurt & 1 Tb chia seeds. from there you can add 1/4 C of Banana & 1 Tb cocoa powder OR 1/4 C apple sauce & 1/2 tea cinnamon OR 1/4 C banana &1 Tb Peanut butter OR 1/4 C berries & 1/4 tea vanilla. you can also add 1tea of sweetener of choice to any of the above combos.

Very filling & and a fair amount protein! depending on your milk and yogurt of choice you can make them for as few as 130 calories ( mine are typically around 230 though ) add some toast and run. I love em!!

Are you going over on your carbs by the end of the day?

I am loving this idea. So how do you prepare this ahead of time?

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Jscomo
    Jscomo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually just go with a good multi vitamin, and a protein shake.

And I'm always looking for new friends... Send me an invite :)
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    banana,uncured bacon that I bake by the package and save the leftovers in the fridge to warm up quickly and unsalted nuts of any kind