5' to 5'4'' women whats your goal?

Options
I am just over 5 feet tall and not 100% sure what my goal weight should be, any ideas? Also anyone else having a horrid time with self control? It seems like the harder I try to eat better the more I am compelled to eat the worst things I can find. I am so lost.

Replies

• quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2". My goal is 115. Last time I really tried to lose weight, I got to 117 and felt great (but obviously gave up!). I'd be really happy to reach that again!
  • InsomniaGoddess
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I'd be extremely happy with 130-135 right now :)
  • abickford82
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 31 years old, and my goal is 120-130 right now. If I could get down to 115 I'd love it but I'm not going to freak out if I can't get there.
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal is 120-125
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5' tall and my goal is between 115-118lbs. Small, muscular, and currrrrvvyyyy hehee :)
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I would start with what weight would get you in the healthy range (most people start with a normal bmi). Then as people lose weight and get in shape the weight number becomes less important and they have different goals. Running races (5K's to marathons), building strength, muscle, fitting into a certain size.

Just start with getting healthy, you can determine your ultimate goal as you go through the process.
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal is 125.
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and the weight I was happiest at was 124lbs. The smallest I've been since being an adult was 118lbs and I think I looked too thin, but at the moment I'm 136lbs and think I look too chubby! So I suppose 122-126lbs is what I'm after.
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5'4" and shooting for 135 :) getting control over what you eat just takes time. Eating better can be hard at first, but after a while it becomes the norm. Also it takes a few weeks to retrain your taste buds. Keep it up!
  • Vonikins
    Vonikins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my tentative goal is 125lbs. I'm doing strength training for the first time as part of my fitness regiment because every time in the past I've been at a good number but felt unsatisfied and lumpy. I've never attempted or had visible muscle tone, so with that focus I know the muscles will change my feel good number, there is a chance that at my petite frame 115 is a better goal. Right now I'm 161lbs, so I have no idea what 125 or 115 feels like.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4-5'5 (not sure which exactly). But I am at 130 right now and would love to make it to 120.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and my goal is 130 then down from there but 130 sounds good for now. I have about 60 lbs to lose!
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    5'4" my goal is 145 - top end of normal BMI. When I get closer to it, I may revise my goal to be more in the middle of normal, but I'll cross that road when I come to it.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get below 20% body fat, and then assess from there. I had previously gotten to 130 pounds, but ended up "skinny fat", so I'm trying strength training while eating at a calorie deficit this time around.

ETA: I'm 5'3
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my tentative goal is 125lbs. I'm doing strength training for the first time as part of my fitness regiment because every time in the past I've been at a good number but felt unsatisfied and lumpy. I've never attempted or had visible muscle tone, so with that focus I know the muscles will change my feel good number, there is a chance that at my petite frame 115 is a better goal. Right now I'm 161lbs, so I have no idea what 125 or 115 feels like.

I'm also 5'2", and completely agree with that feel good number. Toning is going to be a big focus for me this time. The last time I got close to what I thought was my goal weight I still felt very unsatisfied and lumpy! I was in a size 2, but still felt like a 12.
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The smallest I have ever been is 157, and I was a size 10.. I would love to get down to 130 but its just proving to be so difficult, I cannot seem to control myself.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    5'4", 23 years old. Started at 234 lbs with a goal of 140 in March 2012. Currently am just over 135 and have a new goal of 125-130 and muscle tone...
    More or less would like to be about 19-20% Body fat.. currently am 22.3%
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" - my goal is to have a 300+ lb deadlift and for my squat to be the same or at least not far off. I actually don't really care how much I weigh if/'when I achieve that, because... well... 300lb deadlift!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal is 110-115