Replies

• reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    To be fit
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is to lose 80 lbs in 4 months. My goal is to become better at running and be more athletic. I am focusing on pushing myself and burn calories and to not eat back the calories that I burn.
  • TinaNewbill
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and trying to get down to 143, currently I'm 10lbs over, walking everyday and watching my intake. My goal is to be down by March 15, 2014. I will keep you posted!
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 36 (nearly 37). If my conversion is right, I weigh about 149 now, would like to get down to 135 ish, but have been bouncing around 150 for about 6 months. Goal - to avoid getting type 2 diabetes like other members of my family..
  • TansieEye
    Options
    I'm a tiny bit over 5'4", but my goal is 136. When I am 136 I can wear a size 6 (petite). Once I went nuts and weighed about 125, and then I was fitting into size 2-4, but I can't maintain that weight and many people asked me if I was sick.
  • myaiki
    myaiki Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal is 120. I have been there before and I really liked the way I looked and felt at that weight. Only 26 pounds to go... :sigh:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", and my goal is 195.

I did start off pretty big, so 195 is doable. I can't think past that.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2", and my goal is to be happy and fit, regardless of what weight that may be at.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I had my body fat measured, and then figured what I would weigh if I could train hard, keep all my lean mass, and lost enough to be at 20% body fat. That gives me a goal of 145. I'm 5'2". I'm 188 lbs now wearing a size 12.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 65 kilos (143lbs). When I get there, then I'll reassess. I might well do better with another 5 kilos off.
  • llerelgin
    llerelgin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    !'m 5' 1". I suppose to weight 112lb, But I'm happy at 114ish.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal is 135-140ish. I'll re-evaluate once I get closer to that point.
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can buy it from Fitbit online. Price ranges from about $59 to $130-ish depending on which model you get. I have the Fitbit Ultra and love it.
  • aj_sklorenko_reed
    Options
    I'm 5'4", my goal is 115-125 lbs.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I'm 5' 2". My goal is 115. Last time I really tried to lose weight, I got to 117 and felt great (but obviously gave up!). I'd be really happy to reach that again!

Exactly my goals and story too! Even at my age, I am 58 and still look best at that weight. At 125 I start to look matronly and I hate it! That is a BMI 21.4 at 117. I was reading that most women feel they look their best at a BMI of 20 to 22 while men feel they look best at 23 to 25 BMI.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5 feet tall and not 100% sure what my goal weight should be, any ideas? Also anyone else having a horrid time with self control? It seems like the harder I try to eat better the more I am compelled to eat the worst things I can find. I am so lost.

I'm 5'4" and my goal for now is 135. Once I reach that, I will eat to maintain a weight of 125Lbs. If I'm satisfied with my appearance before then, I'll maintain a higher weight. With varying body shapes and BF% it's difficult to say what a good weight for you would be. As far as eating "better" goes, I used to try to eat super "healthy" all the time and as soon as I started, I would want sugary foods that had made their way to my "banned list." I'm having MUCH more success with weight loss by eating whatever I want (mostly) in smaller amounts. I try my best to meet my goals for fat and protein and carbs just kind of fall into place for me. Eating chocolate to get some fat and carbs happens almost daily for me. I've lost about 25Lbs eating foods that I like while trying to stick to my macro goals and this has been incredibly easy to do. If it's so difficult to maintain self-control, perhaps think about altering your food choices to something you can sustain forever. I know I will be eating cake sometimes once I reach my goal weight so I'd rather learn how to fit it into my days now instead of having to learn and gain weight once I reach my goal. I've changed to the way I will be eating for life, I'm just eating a bit less to shed some weight.

ETA:: I really am aiming to wear size 4 pants at this point. I could settle for six if I look good by that point.
  • Focusisfab
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight is 122-125
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 112 lbs. I'm 34 and weigh 225 lbs right now.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    135 pounds, size 9/10 jeans
  • BeckaLowe
    Options
    I don't know if this is any help, but I found this BMI calculator when I first started looking into how to lose weight...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus