Ladies, when your aunt is visiting, how do you deal?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    If you know your PERIOD is coming, and there's something you're craving, then eat it and log it. Make it fit into your day. I hope my typing PERIOD in caps made everyone happy. :tongue:

This is a really good guide for fitting treats into your day, even on a daily basis.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Give her bourbon and cigarettes
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I just put her in the guest room. :laugh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    She's been visiting at least 12 times a year for the past 30 years.

I nut up and do what I do when she's not here.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    dupe
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't fight it. then when she arrives I just swing the other way and eat nothing to even it out. probably not healthy but 1)it reduces bleeding 2)it does offset the binges 3) I feel better emotionally. it's just not healthy and I feel like falling down. so yeah no suggestions.
  • jurbi
    jurbi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i try to have an ounce of 70% dark chocolate a day whenever it is in the house... but i have four kids so its hard to keep ANY chocolate in the house anyway:)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you are watching your calories---how do you stop yourself from eating chocolate or giving in to comfort foods while the aunt is in town? ;-) ***and its times 1000 when she's coming and toddlers live in your home...might as well just bathe in chocolate!

I am so good until a couple days before she arrives and I find myself wanting all things comfort--pasta, chips, sweets, salt---and then I feel awful for giving in and defeated :- / (not to mention that the bloat from it all doesn't help my appearance visually).

Have you tried 90 calorie Fiber One bars? I got it today....dont usually crave anything now but always craved salts......But just had a fiber one and it tasted so good
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Btw I got an almost 3 year old toddler in my house as well
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    Options
    I always crave steak during my period, but that is because I tend to have a heavier flow...I think there may be a iron deficiency...

Anywho, when I crave steak, I eat steak, lots of giant, juicy, rare, bloody, rib eyes and cuts of prime rib, and porterhouses, and any other fatty, rare, delicious cut of beef that I can get my grubby little menstruating hands on. LOL! I balance it out with sides of salad and veggies...

If I crave something sweet, I eat ice cream, because I love ice cream and its usually just during that time that I want buckets of dairy goodness...I try and eat ice cream alternatives, but they usually don't do the trick, so I indulge, but sparingly, I can control myself because I am lactose intolerant so that kind of nips that craving in the bud a bit.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    While she's here? No problem.
    Before she comes? I PLAN. I know the cravings will come and I PLAN. Make it fit your calories. You can do it. Don't let it control you.:smile:
  • KNJScorpio
    KNJScorpio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why grown women can't say period. It's baffling to me that we have to give it cutesy nicknames LOL.

That being said, I do eat more when I'm on my period. I don't over do it, but I will have chocolate or whatever I'm craving, otherwise I feel worse than I already do!
  • afitbutterfly
    Options
    Try to snack on fruits & veggies.
    Luna bars are wonderful too.

Here is a recipe for a PMS Smoothie:

6oz of milk
    1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 kiwi fruit
    ice

I drink this while my aunt is town as well
    Good luck ladies.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Menstruation?
    ibmkFP0wkjbuL6.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why grown women can't say period. It's baffling to me that we have to give it cutesy nicknames LOL.

That being said, I do eat more when I'm on my period. I don't over do it, but I will have chocolate or whatever I'm craving, otherwise I feel worse than I already do!
    women have always had euphemisms for their menstrual cycle. Perhaps societal pressures.
    (Period is also a euphemism, fwiw.)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Zip ties, plastic sheeting, duct tape, and a trunk
  • jennegan1
    Options

women have always had euphemisms for their menstrual cycle. Perhaps societal pressures.
    (Period is also a euphemism, fwiw.)

Perhaps saying Im bleeding from in between my legs isnt as unpleasant then saying period?
  • girlonfire2913
    Options
    hahaha i give myself a day to relax have a bowl of pasta or rice or just about anything i usually don't cause with kids and auntie visiting i think we deserve the 1 break...and a small chocolate like the fun size ones..that week i'm always 2 to 5 lbs up anyway
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Zip ties, plastic sheeting, duct tape, and a trunk

Reminds me of my first date! #nostalgia
  • SarahLurvesKittehs
    Options
    Oh man. I can't even say anything, xD I always mess up with my food when Aunt Flo visits.