What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a piece of Fruit.
    Or, Greek Yogurt.
    sometimes Greek Yogurt with multi-grain Cheerios. ( they have 100%) iron in them So they are great for you.

Or
    Baby Carrots and Celery stalks.

Hope this helps.

JoAnna
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as OP. Two days a week, I teach early classes, so I'm eating breakfast around 6:00 AM, and by 10:00 I'm ready to pass out. I always bring a snack -- usually string cheese and an apple. I also have a snack after lunch -- either a granola bar or one of those Austin peanut butter cracker packets. My husband who has been playing and coaching baseball either after a long workday or on the week-ends, swears by the peanut butter packets because he says they make him feel full. They're under 200 calories, and there's something about eating 6 little cracker sandwiches that is more satisfying than downing a granola bar in one bite.
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some oatmeal or some greek yogurt. Occasionally I will have a piece of fruit or nuts...unless I am feeling naughty I may have a bagel.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Most days, I don't snack between meals, but when I do, I keep it under 200 calories.

Examples:
    Dannon Fruit on the Bottom yogurt 150 calories
    Kashi (or other granola-ish) bar 140 calories
    Apple 70-100 calories, depending on size
    Banana about 100 calories, depending on size
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 8am, but 10:30 I'm starved and usually have a granola bar or a hard boiled egg.

Lunch is at 12:30, and by 3 I have an apple or some other fruit then head to the gym.

I'll eat dinner around 7?
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I started my first job 2 weeks ago. My life has changed from being an active student, to sitting all day, and waking up early, and fitting exercise into my schedule with my long commute.

I have to wake up at 6AM, eat breakfast around 7AM (2 eggs, and 2 toast). I find myself lightheaded at work by 11AM. It is too early for lunch, but a snack doesn't seem enough. Sometimes I end up eating my lunch at this time, but then get hungry again by 3:30-4PM. And then I feel lightheaded during my commute home. To avoid this, I end up eating chilli and bagel around that time. But then, I am not really hungry for dinner, and do not end up eating much (maybe 1/4 cup rice and some veggies)

My question is, what can you eat between breakfast and lunch that is more than a snack, but not unhealthy? I was thinking oatmeal? Anyone else have this issue of waking up early, and getting super hungry before lunch time? What do you do?
    If you're eating breakfast at 7, then you prob. should eat lunch at 11, that's four hour gap, and then maybe eat your dinner early also or protein bar or something in between if you can't eat dinner early. I have a similar schedule when I'm working and as a teacher lunch is imposed upon me at 10:35, so that's when I eat lunch, usually eat a banana or apple before dinner, but I eat dinner early too, sometimes as early as 3:30. There is no real set times of when we are supposed to eat, but four-five hour gap is another meal for me.
  • buksiej
    buksiej Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find that nature valley is small but filling. It's only 90 calories per bar and there are two bars in a pack. Personally, I eat one in between breakfast and lunch, then another between lunch and dinner. They sell it in packs of five which is good. Oone for each working day.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

What are you typically eating for lunch? Maybe you need more food?

This is my thought too. I'm not yet in maintenance (still losing slowly but close to goal) and I have found that everything is thrown off if my lunch is too small. I eat breakfast at 7 and then I am quite hungry at 11:30 when I eat lunch. For some reason 400 calories seems to be the magic number for me when it comes to lunch, if my lunch is like 300 cal I'll be cranky and super hungry and craving snack foods all afternoon. But when I eat a big enough lunch I feel great 'til 6 pm.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Lunch is the first meal of my day. :)

Majority of the time, this is the same for me. But if i do eat earlier, i have a yoghurt or an apple as a snack.
  • mcr0980
    mcr0980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Almonds are one of my favorite snacks! I really like the cocoa roasted ones if I'm having a bit of a chocolate craving. Otherwise I stick to raw or lightly salted, because the others can pack in a lot of sodium and sugar.