The Laundry Workout

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
Are you pressed for time? Unable to get to the gym cause reasons? Need something challenging that you can do in the comfort of your own home/apartment? Well I've got something for you. I swear by this and have achieved amazing results in just a few minutes everyday!

While your laundry finishes it's time for laundry detergent rows! Stand with legs shoulder width apart, laundry detergent box/bottle in hand. Lower detergent so it's in front and hanging down between legs, then pull up. Lower back down then repeat until failure. Or if you have two you can do a more traditional dumbbell style row.

96_DetergentBottleRow2.jpg

kettlebell-workout-5-dynamic-moves-for-full-body-fitness-upright-row.jpg

Next we have laundry basket presses. Load up your basket with freshly laundered clothing them press the basket over your head. Press once for ever three steps you take towards your final destination.

24229656_SA.jpg (This is actually awful form. I'm not even sure what they're supposed to be doing. Hmm)

military-press.jpg

Now place your basket in one corner of the room and your hangers in the other for squat sprints! Squat down, at least parallel, and grab your first item. Then sprint to the far corner and A. fold your item and squat to place it on the floor or B. squat down to grab a hanger, place item on said hanger, and set aside. Sprint back to your basket. Repeat until down.

PHO-09Jul23-171223.jpg

Separate your laundry into piles based on where it goes (aim for at least 4 piles) Grab up your first load and begin your Put Away Lunges. Lunge towards your closet/dresser, getting as deep as you can comfortably, alternating legs until you get where your going. Walk back to give your legs a chance to rest, scoop up your next pile and begin the lunges anew.

vlkbUXI.jpg?1

And there you have it. Easy workouts while you clean up! There is never an excuse!

Stay tuned for my next episode, Working out while you Cook (With a bonus lesson on the carrot juice cleanse.)

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Should I use an HRM with this?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    NO
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Animated-gif-washing-machine-picture-moving.gif
  • Achrya
    Options

Of course! You should always be wearing your HRM, during both the cardio portions and the toning portions. You'll be working hard and you wanna make sure you eat all of your calories back.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    NO
    mlfw9463-PinkieTron-Does-Laundry-V2.gif
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I actually like this idea. Makes housework a little interesting and you get a workout at the same time. Might do this sometimes while I'm pregnant.. Thanks
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Of course! You should always be wearing your HRM, during both the cardio portions and the toning portions. You'll be working hard and you wanna make sure you eat all of your calories back.

giphy.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I actually like this idea. Makes housework a little interesting and you get a workout at the same time. Might do this sometimes while I'm pregnant.. Thanks

tumblr_msx4k2BcyQ1shv6d5o1_250.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    1236956567_parishiltonpouringdetergent.gif
  • Achrya
    Options

tumblr_msx4k2BcyQ1shv6d5o1_250.gif

actually holding that basket above your head would be a great squat modification.
  • Achrya
    Options

Glad I was able to help
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Lol that's a really good joke lol!

You mean you're serious? :huh:
  • Sinisterly
    Options

giphy.gif

Where's the HRM? I don't see it!
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Lol that's a really good joke lol!

You mean you're serious? :huh:

Of course I'm serious. I have pictures and everything. Do those people not look serious to you?

How rude.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

giphy.gif

isn't that it on her left hand?
  • Sinisterly
    Options

giphy.gif

isn't that it on her left hand?
    Oh snap, you're right!
    My bad. I'll try this right away!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    does it count if you hang yours on a line?

giphy.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    lol are you being serious because that squat form is terrible. enjoy your muscle imbalance
    totally not deep enough