OMG please help me.

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I am a natural bodybuilder. My friends have shared my story (the story of revenge). I've been training to gain muscle for the past 2 years. I am tiny for the bodybuilding industry.

This is how I managed my transformation: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

said it before and i'll say it again (and again and again...)
    your transformation is nothing short of AMAZING.

13634300731559302005.GIF

Thank you! Most people don't know that I'm a bodybuilder because unless I'm flexing I look very normal and just healthy in regular clothes (and even in gym clothes).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in....for da supa bulky chicks.....
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I walk and I jog, and I used to do yoga when I had a gym membership. I do them because they are what I enjoy and therefore easy for me to get out the door and do! You should find what you enjoy, too :)
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    u can lift light until your muscles get tired but from the repetition not from the strain
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I don't want to look like this:

Jamie+Eason+2.jpg

That's what I thought--you don't want a very defined look, so you're looking at Jamie in a cut.

This is her other times:
    jamie-eason-big4.jpg
    jamie-eason-big2.jpg
    jamiematblog1.bmp

It really is about body fat percentage, not getting too muscular.

Ok yea I see what you're saying...Well how do I start this? Can I lift heavy at home? I hate lifting at the gym with those creep men that stare.

wow, slightly judgmental ...

I go to the gym to get my work out in ....not drool over some newbie...wow...
  • jlneibauer
    Options

Jamie+Eason+2.jpg

That's what I thought--you don't want a very defined look, so you're looking at Jamie in a cut.

This is her other times:
    jamie-eason-big4.jpg
    jamie-eason-big2.jpg
    jamiematblog1.bmp

Ok yea I see what you're saying...Well how do I start this? Can I lift heavy at home? I hate lifting at the gym with those creep men that stare.

No one was talking about YOU...I was talking about the creepy men that go to my gym. THEY are creepy....not every man. There are so many regulars there and I really don't want to see them every day. I like the privacy of my home.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Jamie+Eason+2.jpg

This is her other times:
    jamie-eason-big4.jpg
    jamie-eason-big2.jpg
    jamiematblog1.bmp

I kinda had the same reaction.
    I think there are far less "creepy men that stare" than the OP thinks. Instead, as a newbie, we have to realize that we think EVERYONE is starting at us. And maybe some people are staring (men / women alike), but that person may just turn out to be someone who ends up helping you with form, or giving you pointers.

I can guarantee you that 99% of men who may glance your way are not undressing you with their eyes.
    The WOMEN on the other hand... whoa, they are the creepy ones!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Jamie+Eason+2.jpg

This is her other times:
    jamie-eason-big4.jpg
    jamie-eason-big2.jpg
    jamiematblog1.bmp

No one was talking about YOU...I was talking about the creepy men that go to my gym. THEY are creepy....not every man. There are so many regulars there and I really don't want to see them every day. I like the privacy of my home.

you said "men" and did not qualify that ..that implies that all men are trying to creep some newb that doesn't have a clue...
  • jlneibauer
    Options

Jamie+Eason+2.jpg

This is her other times:
    jamie-eason-big4.jpg
    jamie-eason-big2.jpg
    jamiematblog1.bmp

I kinda had the same reaction.
    I think there are far less "creepy men that stare" than the OP thinks. Instead, as a newbie, we have to realize that we think EVERYONE is starting at us. And maybe some people are staring (men / women alike), but that person may just turn out to be someone who ends up helping you with form, or giving you pointers.

I can guarantee you that 99% of men who may glance your way are not undressing you with their eyes.
    The WOMEN on the other hand... whoa, they are the creepy ones!

Oh for God's sake. I don't think EVERY man that glances at me are undressing me.....There are literally CREEPY men at my gym. I don't THINK people are staring when they are not. I'm not paranoid. I've definitely been to the gym before, so I'm not a newbie in that sense. But honestly I'd like to work out at home, it's just more convenient and I can avoid the creepers that lurk at my gym.
    Let me say one more time that I'm referring to them and not who ever is reading this.
  • jlneibauer
    Options

Jamie+Eason+2.jpg

This is her other times:
    jamie-eason-big4.jpg
    jamie-eason-big2.jpg
    jamiematblog1.bmp

you said "men" and did not qualify that ..that implies that all men are trying to creep some newb that doesn't have a clue...

No it does qualify....I was talking about the men that stare at my gym....did I have to name them for you so you didn't think I was talking about men. I didn't say ALL the men at my gym stare at me. I said those creep men......that's a specific group of people I was referring to. Not every man at the gym. Just because I'm a "newb" doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about when I'm saying someone is being creepy.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No it does qualify....I was talking about the men that stare at my gym....did I have to name them for you so you didn't think I was talking about men. I didn't say ALL the men at my gym stare at me. I said those creep men......that's a specific group of people I was referring to. Not every man at the gym. Just because I'm a "newb" doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about when I'm saying someone is being creepy.

I've been going to my gym for 3 years. In that time I've only seen 3 guys actually be creepy. One tried touching me and the others watched as I did everything. I complained to the staff and never saw any of them again. The other guys that happen to look at me are watching my form or impressed that I actually work hard. Some of them come by and ask questions or tell me it is nice seeing a female lift. When I first started I thought all the guys were being creepy and staring, but it was my own internal projection. Most of them are seriously busy getting their workout in.

If it bothers you that much you can do the "You are your own gym" thing at home. Without having a variety of weights you will be some what limited. Nobody is forcing you to go to the gym, we are telling you that generally it's a good idea to have access to lots of equipment.

You asked for help and you seem to only want to hear from people who are going to tell you what you want to hear. I posted my pictures above showing you that even as a female natural bodybuilder I look normal when I am not on stage. Not trying to be mean or rude, but there is a lot of great information people are trying to share that you are rejecting.
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do Kettlebell workouts!
  • ndj1979
    Options

I go to the gym to get my work out in ....not drool over some newbie...wow…

you said "men" and did not qualify that ..that implies that all men are trying to creep some newb that doesn't have a clue…

if I said woman at the gym are superficial you would be on me like white on rice. I included your original quote because you said you don't want "those creep men" looking at you ….the implication being the all men are creeping at the gym. You could of said "some men" or "some people who might creep me" but you chose not to ….so excuse for me being slightly pissed off for being lumped in with all "creep men" ….as I said, I go to the gym, crush my workout, and could care less what some chick with 2 pound dumbbells is doing….
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options

*flexes*
  • ndj1979
    Options

*flexes*

nice!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I want Jamie Easton's shoulders!
    Kthx bye!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

I've been going to my gym for 3 years. In that time I've only seen 3 guys actually be creepy. One tried touching me and the others watched as I did everything. I complained to the staff and never saw any of them again. The other guys that happen to look at me are watching my form or impressed that I actually work hard. Some of them come by and ask questions or tell me it is nice seeing a female lift. When I first started I thought all the guys were being creepy and staring, but it was my own internal projection. Most of them are seriously busy getting their workout in.

If it bothers you that much you can do the "You are your own gym" thing at home. Without having a variety of weights you will be some what limited. Nobody is forcing you to go to the gym, we are telling you that generally it's a good idea to have access to lots of equipment.

You asked for help and you seem to only want to hear from people who are going to tell you what you want to hear. I posted my pictures above showing you that even as a female natural bodybuilder I look normal when I am not on stage. Not trying to be mean or rude, but there is a lot of great information people are trying to share that you are rejecting.

^this.
  • jlneibauer
    Options

I go to the gym to get my work out in ....not drool over some newbie...wow…

you said "men" and did not qualify that ..that implies that all men are trying to creep some newb that doesn't have a clue…

if I said woman at the gym are superficial you would be on me like white on rice. I included your original quote because you said you don't want "those creep men" looking at you ….the implication being the all men are creeping at the gym. You could of said "some men" or "some people who might creep me" but you chose not to ….so excuse for me being slightly pissed off for being lumped in with all "creep men" ….as I said, I go to the gym, crush my workout, and could care less what some chick with 2 pound dumbbells is doing….

Again...I wasn't referring to you. ONLY the group of guys at my gym. And that doesn't mean ALL of the men at my gym. That means the group I was talking about. My statement wasn't broad enough for you to understand what I meant, so I've been trying to explain it and who I was referring to exactly and it's not being understood. YOU chose to lump yourself in. Not me...especially after I explained the statement about 3 times and tried to rephrase it so that you would comprehend. It's really not that big a deal.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I bulk up really quick. I know you all say that women CANT get big etc .. when I lift .. you can tell. I hate it.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Why is this post in success stories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!