OMG please help me.

Options
1235»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I bulk up really quick. I know you all say that women CANT get big etc .. when I lift .. you can tell. I hate it.

It's just firming the muscle under the fat. Try measuring instead of just looking in the mirror. I thought I was getting bulky at first, but my measurements went down and so did my weight.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    A woman who doesn't lift for fear of getting bulky is the same as a person who doesn't drive for fear of becoming a nascar racer :)

Lifting heavy builds muscle yes, but the result is a stronger, leaner body and higher metabolism. It takes extreme dedication, specific supplements, and scientific dieting for a woman to attain the body builder figure. And most of them do that only during their show season- no one maintains that for long.

That to say lift weights, eat carefully to fuel your body and retain your lean mass, and do cardio for lasting fat loss.

I found Jamie Eason LIVEFIT on bodybuilding.com- its a great beginner program complete with instructions and videos...

:drinker:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Someone's probably already said this but if you are a woman, you cannot possibly get big and bulky like men. (Unless you take some steroids) You do not have the testosterone to build big bulky muscles.

Weight lifting for women is essential for things like building bone mass (and avoiding osteoporosis later in life).

YES! :) No osteoporosis for me!

I started lifting heavy about 18 months ago. Before I started, I really hadn't done much in the way of physical activity in many years and I still have a pretty high body fat % BUT I started lifting to get some muscles on my 61 year old body. I started lifting because at 58 I had osteopenia and didn't want it to get worse (doesn't always but it could be a precursor to osteoporosis). I lift 3 - 4x per week, I have done New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I am now doing Wendler's 5/3/1. My osteopenia is better, mostly non-existent in my lower body, and better but not gone in my spine and neck. Hell yea I'm going to keep lifting heavy. Try it! You will be amazed at how great you feel pushing and pulling big round plates on sticks! :laugh:

I truly love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!