200+ (Week 45) Getting Fit For Fall!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    Options
    Mish - I'm soooooo happy for you!!!

Kendal - wow - 217... I hope it sticks for next week. It's so cool to have you say "boyfriend"...

Debra - I'm still impressed with your results. I'm not sure I could stick with it that long. Thanks for inspiring me.

Lacey - have fun at the party!!! My MIL wont stay more than 48 hours at our home and only visits twice a year. Then she c/o that she never sees us. 3 weeks would be a long time - probably tooooo long...

Kristina - Uber impressed you ran last night before company!!! Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

As for me the scale was better today and down to 184.5 from 185.5 yesterday but still higher than the 182.5 from 2 weeks ago... My eating has not been good lately. I'm taking Monday morning's weight and making that my official weight for the week and will update my ticker and then start logging food again - I said gains 2 weeks in a row and that would be my penalty. I see things calming down for me after Labor day. I really want to be out of the 180s by 9/24 which will be my 1 year anniversary with MFP... That means I will have to cut out all alcohol (*sighs*) and eat great...

I did great in my run cutting 2 min a mile off my training time. 10K in 76 min for an ave 12:15 pace.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: Your runs are awesome! You & Kristina are a major running inspiration for me.

Mish: Good job on meeting your goal!

Debra: Holy COW! You rocked Insanity & had awesome results.

Lacey: Me & my MIL don't do well in the same country let alone the same house. She once compared me with DH's ex wife in front of the entire family at dinner which was so shocking to me that I burst into tears in front of everyone (and I am so NOT a crier).

Kristina: You are a running machine

Kendal: My fingers are crossed for you to stay at 217 for your next weigh in (or go even lower)

As for me, my day was pretty good. Gabriel made me & Travis breakfast (eggs & toast!) and we ran errands. We ended up going on a dog walk before dinner & then watching a couple of episodes of Glee (that show is funny...who knew?). I didn't really log my food for the day (a bad weekend habit I've gotten into of late) so I logged my food for the day & discovered that I ate nearly 2000 calories today but only burned something like 200-ish. So I got off my butt & used my rowing machine until I burnt enough calories to be under my calorie goal for the day. I soooo did not feel like doing it but now I happy I did. I think I need to make sure I log food - especially on the weekends!

On a side note, we have decided that we should get a dog that is more of a runner to add to the family (some people get the baby fever, I've always gotten puppy fever). Well, Trav was perusing a local Craigslist type thing and he found an add for a 6 month old Siberian Husky here in Stuttgart that needs a home with a stay-at-home mom or dad (ME!) and and active lifestyle (ME again!) due to the current family not being able to get a fenced yard for her and her tendency to wander off. Well, I happen to know that Huskies are great family dogs and have TONS of energy (due to the whole being bred to pull sleds long distances at fast speeds thing) so she would be perfect for me. So, we emailed the family & we're waiting to hear back. Cross your fingers for me!!! I'd be so stoked to have a new puppy!:love:
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Here is a Sunday morning bump and a small post :0)

Went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant and both hubby and I ate...more then usual. I was more full then usual, but nothing like what I was prior MFP. Back on track today, then of course another day of eating tomorrow. I will not be able to do my office labor day weigh in tomorrow because I will not be home, so everyone will see another weigh in for me today. This is going to be for my challenge to myself.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good morning super pals!!! Today will be a lazy day for me. I plan to do some stretches later but no cardio. My body needs the break. Confession time - I have updated my ticker to reflect my weight gain:blushing: ... I haven't been logging food this summer - rather coasting in a maintenance mode (I needed the break after 9 months of hard work). I told myself if I went 2 weeks without returning to "my weight", I would change the ticker and start logging again. The time is here, as I've gained a pound for the last 2 weeks (that takes me back up to 184.5 and puts me back in the obese BMI range:grumble: ). On the 24th of this month, I will have my 1 yr anniversary with MFP. I need to kick it up a notch and get rid of the 2 pounds and return to my weight loss journey. I still have 40+ pounds that I should lose (*sighs*)... Summer is over, company is gone and it's time to get back on the wagon. Starting today, I log ALL food and drink and stay in my calorie range... I will say that I enjoyed myself this summer and am glad that took the break. I just don't want to return to my old ways which is why I set the 2 week limit for myself. If I'm good for the next 8 weeks, then I can have some great treats at Thanksgiving (pumpkin pie is a weakness of mine)...
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    pinbotchick ~ I am sure you will get that 2lbs off in no time.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I've always called this set of In Laws the good set...she is drinking triple what she used to, and all before we get home while she's watching my kid. She's buitl up a tolerance so she isn't drunk but definitely LOUDER than normal. We are worried for her. There is only one more days they are watching G, so thats good.

Also, I'm ready for them to leave so I too can get back on track. I am SO ready to go back to a gym and get moving again. Its time!!

Well ladies, its only 9am here, but I've got people starting to come at 12 and still have to get the floors cleaned and food made. I am excited to have the party!

Have a good day everyone!
    L

Oh and Amy - WOW. That is some nerve. I too would have cried and then probably spewed forth all sorts of nasty language uncontrollably at her.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Weather is still glorious here!

Victoria- I commented on your update, but so proud of you running a 10K race. I wish mine was a bit closer, but I'm underwhelmed with the choices of races available before the Big Heart Big House 10K at the beginning of next month, so I'll just keep training away. Sorry to hear about the gain. Time to kick it into high gear again, eh? I'm with you with floundering a bit this summer. I've still tracked everything, but my eating has not been as good. Really want to get down to business with our last 6 week challenge before the year anniversary. I started (well, recommitted to MPF right before this group started, so I use that as my year start date). I was hoping to be out of the obese range by then (under 170), but unless the weight melts away, that won't happen. I still have another almost 50 pounds I want to lose. Yes, I'm halfway there, and it's a long time to get there... can just get frustrating at times. *cracks whip on both of us*

Lacey- nice to hear that you're ready to get your booty in the gym again. I am as well. I can't believe it'd ever think I'd miss it? Go figure.

Mish- keep it up! :)

Amy- so jealous of you possibly getting a dog. I want one SO bad. I think i'm finally going to do so after the holidays are over (so I won't have to worry where to board it). Funny how I too think about getting a dog that might like to run with me as well. That was NOT on my radar a year ago. haha. Keep us updated!

As for me, slept in this morning, as it was going to be cool pretty much all day (i wore a HOODIE to my walking group yesterday). So got a late start to my long run after 11am, but did my full run. I'm a bit perturbed that I mapped it out a day or two ago, and thought i had remember exactly what turns to take, but I guess I was wrong, b/c when i re-mapped it, when I got home it was actually 7.85, not 8 miles. Close enough, eh? DId it in 1hr43min (13:09 pace). Pretty impressive pace for me for that distance, and I felt okay overall. My biggest problem with these long runs are that I get bored and it's getting through the first smaller loop that's torture. Once I hit the second, I'm okay pretty much. Great time for me to catch up on my NPR podcasts. Oh, "This American Life", how I love you so.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend! I'm going to take a shower, grab a snack, and then go grocery shopping. Plan to frump out the rest of the day.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Evening Ladies!
    We have had a pretty laid back weekend. Running errands, going grocery shopping and catching up on TV. I have managed to squeeze in a couple of workouts and a bike ride and my eating is a lot better than it has been over previous weekends. I, like Victoria & Kristina, am also working on getting my butt back in gear after letting some things slide this summer.

Kristina: isn't it irritating when you don't get the entire distance in that you wanted? I know that there isn't a helluva lot of difference between 7.85 miles and 8 miles but the OCD in me makes me want to accomplish what I set out to accomplish. Good job on your running, you rock! BTW, I fully support getting a dog. I already have one and she is my baby. She is my cuddle bug when I need a hug and she adores me no matter what. She doesn't hold a grudge when I might get her breakfast to her late or if we miss a walk due to pouring rain. She just can't hang with long distance runs and I feel weird running in the woods alone. I'm not worried that anyone is gonna mug me or anything (there are way too few people around that time of morning and, being as this is Germany, it just doesn't have the crime rate I grew up with in San Francisco). I just like having someone with me when I run. Not to mention that we make more noise running than I do alone and I have run across the paths of foxes and deer pretty regularly. I hear there are wild boar in the woods that are none-too-friendly to people so I think that me & a dog might we not worth the trouble to a random wild animal. Still haven't heard anything from the people I emailed about the dog but most of the Americans here took off for the long weekend. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow.

Lacey: I'm right there with you on the getting back on track thing. I'm thinking September is a great time to recommit to this whole spiel.

Victoria: Good on ya that you have spotted a problem and are taking measures to correct it. It's because of that behavior that those 2 pounds will be history in no time. Oh...and I love me some pumpkin pie too! And pumpkin lattes and pumpkin rolls and pumpkin bread...<sigh>
  • akasullengal
    Options
    isn't pumpkin pretty much the best flavor ever? one more reason to love fall! I go on a pumpkin binge- pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin mousse, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread.

I'm sort of drooling just thinking about it. ugh,
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    My ex ticker is not updating - 15 min of stretches today (day 5) / 389 min total exercise for the month...
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Love sleeping in!

Today is just a stretch/strength day for me. So I'll do some arm weights later today. As I don't have any plans, I think I might walk to Starbucks (to get a bit of exercise in), have myself a skinny vanilla latte, and sit outside and read for a bit. It's only about 3/4 of a mile walk each way. We'll see.

Should be another nice day. A bit warmer (boo), but sunny.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend left late yesterday afternoon. He thought he had mentioned to me that he needed to go to his mom's house cause she was cooking dinner for his birthday. It kinda irked me that he didn't tell me earlier but its ok. I eat CRAP when he's here. We always have to bake chocolate chip cookies....and then we went to Cookout (AWESOME fast food place) and I got an oreo milkshake instead of a drink. I'm up to 220 today. :grumble: :frown: Thankfully I have today off so I am going to update music on my mp3 player and then spend a couple hours at the gym. They have regular business hours today.

My workout pants are falling off me and I can't afford to buy new ones. :frown:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day here ...we got out for a run/ interval training loop this morning 6.7 miles. Intervals really torches the calories for me and seems to make it easier, could of been the cooler weather but I felt great this morning and now too...I need to get the laundry finished and shower over, we have football practice tonight...boo hiss on the coaches not giving us a day off, but we have a game tomorrow, so i guess i can see how it would be important....
    have a good one everyone!

Not sure who started the pumpkin thing...but yum...now I want pumpkin....I hope I have some!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I need to work on my exercise ticker. For day 6, I get to add 120 min for my 6 mile walk over the Mackinaw Bridge!!! for a total of 509 ex min this month. We left at 6 am and were done walking the Bridge by 10. Thousands of people were there. I even over came my fear of heights and walked on the grates watching the water below... The temp was beautiful in the 60s and the sunrise was beautiful!!! I just may have to try it again next year.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well with the exercise. Now I know why I gained 2 pounds. I was 1000 - yes 1000 cal over yesterday (*face palm*),,,, Today wont be much better since we ate breakfast out and I chose a burrito... Enjoy your day off...
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I did it. I went to ....

THE GYM.

I haven't been to the gym in forever. (well, other than my Tuesday night zumba classes) Did an hour on the elliptical and burned 700 cals. I enjoyed it.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    For you pumpkin lovers...try making an enchilada sauce with the puree. Buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and some cream (it really does work better than milk - even if you can get soy "cream"). Put the puree in a food processor, add some onion, garlic salt and pepper and start by adding one pepper from the can. Blend well and add a bit of cream until the sauce is the consistency you want it.
    Then dip corn tortillas in the sauce, each side, and then put filling you like in them. I find that corn, chicken and a good gruyere works well. A "lighter" filling as it were. Anyways, fold them in half and layer them on a cookie sheet...then put a strip of sauce down the middle of the tortillas, sprinkle with a bit more cheese and bake in the oven on 350 until the outer sides of the shells get a bit crispy.

I made that recipe up last year when I was making raviolis with butternut squash. I made a million enchiladas last year with various squash purees.

Hillbilly party was fantastical! We had about 30 people or so and finished all but 12 of the 72 beers and ALL of the hard alcohol, so people cleary had a good time. We also had a massive amount of food too. Pictures will post of FB later this week.

Tomorrow my baby girl turns 4!! Wow!

Okay, so back to my haze for the rest of the evening (still recovering). Sounds like everyone had a great 3 day weekend!

L
  • anvy0530
    Options
    OMG Lacey! That enchilada recipe sounds fabulous. I am soooo going to try it.

Kendal: Good job getting to the gym! You rock!

Victoria: That bridge walk sounds awesome. You rock! I hear ya on the extra calories seeping in to the diet when not logging. That's why I absolutely have to log my food. When I don't, I do things like make snicker-doodles (which I totally did yesterday).

I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I planned on getting my run in but I woke up with a sore throat and just kept putting it off until it was too late to do it. I am doing my run & weight lifting today. I already took the dog for her mile & a half walk this morning. We got about a mile out and then the sky opened up and poured sheets of rain on us. I hate when it rains so much my socks starts squishing. I guess I'll have to do my 4 miles run on the treadmill due to the rain <sigh>. Better get to it! Have a great day.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I've got a headache and just feel blah this morning so I skipped my morning workout. I need to get out of bed and start doing stuff. I've got 10 clients scheduled today. Enough blah talk...

Lacey - that recipe sounds great. Glad your party went well.

Amy - good luck with the dog. I hope you get one.

Kendal - WOOT WOOT for getting to the gym.

Deb - it's nice to hear from you.

Kristina - nice run!!! Glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Mish - keep up the great work.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Morning ladies! Back to the grind!

Yesterday, I noticed that my right hip was hurting a bit- I assume from my longer run on Sunday. Even though today was a scheduled run day, I decided to delay it for a day and see if it feels better tomorrow. I do plan to go to the gym after work today though. Yay for it being back open! I feel like it's been forever since I've gone. I'm thinking about doing some biking, but we'll see. Busy day at work today. I have my next group starting next week, so I need to call everyone and let them know, plus to a final push for recruitment, to maybe get a couple more folks in there (as there is bound to be some who don't show up). Also, I've been asked to write an article for the local online newspaper. Eep- need to get started on that as well.

Victoria- hope you feel better!

Amy- boo for having to do the treadmill.

Lacey- sounds like your weekend was a success. What are your plans for your little one's birthday?

Kendal- way to go for getting back to the gym! That will help. Also, sounds like you've had some difficulties eating healthy around the new man in your life. If you plan on having him around for the long term, you don't want to sabatoge how far you've come- make him a part of your new healthy lifestyle!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kendal- way to go for getting back to the gym! That will help. Also, sounds like you've had some difficulties eating healthy around the new man in your life. If you plan on having him around for the long term, you don't want to sabatoge how far you've come- make him a part of your new healthy lifestyle!

I second this!!! You've come so far. No mater who is in your life, you need to make it healthy. After DH argued with me since I didn't want to go out to eat last night (eating healthier at home is better for me and I'd already eaten that stupid breakfast burrito) DH sarcastically said "then what are YOU cooking"... He actually admitted my chicken (oven baked with Sweet Baby Ray sauce, salsa, onion and hot pepper) with oven-steamed potato vege mix was better than the chicken dinner we had from the restaurant Sat night. (*sighs - men*) My point is if he really likes you, he will attempt to eat better with you so that you can meet your goals.

And thanks Kristina - I am feeling a bit better. I think my body was just sleep deprived since we got up at 5 am yesterday. It was a long day.

This weekend we're planning to go a beer festival in Mackinaw... At least we will be getting out together to do something. Several bands will be playing so maybe I'll burn a few cal dancing with my crazy biking friend. She's going to be the DD and her husband will entertain mine with beer tasting. I can't wait. I'm off for my 11 hour work day - I may not check back until tomorrow.. "Hoppy" (yeah beer is on my mind) Monday...