200+ (Week 45) Getting Fit For Fall!

Options

Replies

• mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What a weekend of food. Yesterday we had a huge GTG at my MIL's house. Lot's of great food. Over did it a bit, but it was more like picking throughout the day...Back on track today with my regularly scheduled food. Then this Friday I leave to take a road trip to Savannah with my MIL. Should be tons of fun!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Kendal- way to go for getting back to the gym! That will help. Also, sounds like you've had some difficulties eating healthy around the new man in your life. If you plan on having him around for the long term, you don't want to sabatoge how far you've come- make him a part of your new healthy lifestyle!

I second this!!! You've come so far. No mater who is in your life, you need to make it healthy. After DH argued with me since I didn't want to go out to eat last night (eating healthier at home is better for me and I'd already eaten that stupid breakfast burrito) DH sarcastically said "then what are YOU cooking"... He actually admitted my chicken (oven baked with Sweet Baby Ray sauce, salsa, onion and hot pepper) with oven-steamed potato vege mix was better than the chicken dinner we had from the restaurant Sat night. (*sighs - men*) My point is if he really likes you, he will attempt to eat better with you so that you can meet your goals.

Yes, I agree with both of you. That boy can put back some food and I usually let myself go when he's around. I guess our main issue is that I'm used to fending for myself and not having to worry about what someone else has to eat. Even when Joey and I were together, we ate separately (esp for dinner) those last few months cause I was eating healthy and he wasn't. I guess I need to start cooking again so I can make something healthy for both of us. I made that black bean quesadilla recipe for Taylor once and he devoured it. I had 1 and he had 3. He loved it though...I just hate having to eat the leftovers for a straight WEEK (and thats not an exaggeration).
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- can you not cut the recipe in half? Or ship the boy off with leftovers, so your not stuck eating the same thing for so long. It's no good to get into a rut!

I made some yummy fried rice over the weekend- well more veggies than rice. But cooked some brown rice, then let it cool and then sauteed some veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini) in a wok, added some chickpeas for added protein (dang, I love those), then added the rice at the end, used some low sodium soy sauce and dashes of other spices (curry powder, cumin, red pepper flakes) to kick it up a notch. Great for leftovers as well. it was one of those, I have all this crap, let me throw it into a pot.

Was down a pound this morning from Friday, which makes me happy. I was even a bit lower yesterday, but ate a bit more and only lifted weights yesterday, so it wasn't a surprise. Just proud that I made it through the weekend without gaining. Need to stick with it through the week. Well, really through this week and the next challenge. Want to really buckle down to hit my 1-year anniversay here with a bang!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kristina - I have found that putting those spices in the water while the rice is cooking works wonders too. Even when I cook israeli couscous in my rice cooker I do the same thing and its awesomeness!

Kendal - keep going girl! I bet you can get him more on track with you. Maybe you can freeze some of those larger portions so you don't have to eat them all at once? A quick heat in the oven should make the quesadillas crispy again if they've been frozen. I just froze left over lasagna because we didn't get through it all. I hate throwing food away too and it seems like I constantly do it.

One more week..next week I walk into that new gym and get the free week, check it out and get going again. I am READY.

I have a few sores on the back of my throat, which is always a sign I'm getting sick or my body is fighting something. Here is to praying that it is just the weather and not anything nasty!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    The calendar may have said Tuesday, but today was definitely a Monday. I worked my butt off today. I rarely do that. And it still feels like I got nothing accomplished. Every time I tried to get something done, I had a question or an issue that I had to send to someone else and I'm waiting for 3-4 responses right now.

Zumba tonight. Hopefully it'll get me back on track. I was seriously 221.6 this morning. :grumble: :angry: The past few times Taylor visited, I tried to get him to go walking with me and Lexi, but he hadn't brought the right shoes so we never went. This weekend he brought tennis shoes but didn't want to walk. He's testing out one of my old cameras to see if he wants to buy it from me so he walked around the park taking pictures. At least I got to go walking that time though. He's coming back one night this week. A guy down my street fixes computers out of a shop at his house and he's real cheap. Taylor took his laptop to him and will have to come pick it up. I'm not sure what night Taylor will be here, but I'll try to still to my routine when he comes.

I still have a bunch of frozen chicken breasts I can use. Taylor is a really good cook. He saw a box of parmesan noodles I had and came up with the idea to put pieces of chicken, broccoli and peas in it. It was really good. I still have left overs in my fridge. I liked cooking with him though. :smile: The next morning when he was making my eggs, he used butter instead of my non-stick spray. Yeah, I'm going to have to teach the boy a thing or two about how I like to eat.

Man, I'm hungry....lol
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    What a long day!!! 11.5 hours of work so I'm skipping the exercise today. I'm still tired and now have a slight sore throat. I was down 1 pound today - let's hope it sticks.

Mish - have a great trip!!!

Kendal - good luck with the food. It's taken quite awhile to judge how much DH and I eat (20 years!!!). Talk with him about your weight loss journey - I bet he'll be supportive. He sounds like a GREAT guy. I love it when DH leaves the food packages out for me to record cals - my guy doesn't "cook" from scratch but can warm frozen food up.

Lacey - I hope it's just allergies and goes away soon. This week will fly by then - to gym it is.

Kristina - Your meal sounds tasty!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: Wow, you're day was super-long. I hope you got enough rest.

Kendal: You have gotta tech the boyfriend how you eat. Otherwise, you'll get into bad habits that will be really hard to break. BTW, how freaking cool is Zumba?!?! I love that workout!

Lacey: We've been fighting off sore throats here too. That's how I know fall is in the air - first illness of the season. I find that drinking tea is soothing on my throat and I also gargle salt water like a fiend. I hope you feel better soon.

Kristina: Don't you just love fried rice? It's soo easy to make and it really uses up whatever leftovers are floating around. We generally make it once every week or 2.

Well, I have gotten off to a great start this week (it's already Wednesday, so I guess it is already the middle of the week). I've done tons & tons of cardio and even started walking on the treadmill when I'm watching TV so I can feel like I'm doing something. I'm hoping it pays off as I seem to keep doing the up a pound/ down a pound dance every week and I am so sick of spinning my wheels. It does help that I have 2 friends who are working on weight loss and tend to post on their facebook about it. One, is the one I told you about who is on the Biggest Loser this season and she posts all of her calories burned daily on her facebook (She burns 4000 calories a DAY! Can you imagine?!?!?) The other friend just had bariatric surgery and posts stuff about the food she eats. She posted something about blending up a hot dog last night & how good it was and it really kind of made me ill to hear about it. I don't want to be THAT friend. I don't want to have to blend up my food to taste it (she apparently can't eat solids for 6 weeks or something like that) and be tired all the time (it seems like ALL she posts about these days is what weirdness she blended up and how freaking exhausted she is). I'd much rather be like my other friend and be healthy enough to run 10 miles a day (which she does, 6 days a week). Anyway, I've gotten long & rambley...I now return you to your regularly scheduled program...
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Amy...so agree with you and the friend doing it the healthy way. My highschool friend that passed away a few weeks back, ...it was after she had gastric bypass, she got an infection and her body couldn't fight it. That so could of been me, years back my SIL and her daughter had the process done and for them it has worked out great...I considered it for just an instance....but I am just way to chicken to go through something like that. I know I complain about how slow the weight is coming off...but I'd rather it happen slowly...than to die in the process.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Amy- that is an INSANE amount of calories your friend is burning, but not much of a surprise considering how much they work out on that show... they would need to in order to lose that massive amount of weight a week. Glad to hear that you've been doing well this week, exercise wise. Let's hope the scale rewards you. Even if it doesn't, you're certainly continuing to get in better shape, and probably losing inches!

Victoria- definitely a long day for you. I hope you're not coming down with something!

Well, yesterday I went to the rec center after work and did 60 min on the stationary bike (11.6 miles). Felt good to get back in the gym. Was planning on running this morning, but as the temperatures are only supposed to get into the mid-60s, I'm going to run this afternoon. Looking forward to it. The hip is feeling better today, so I think I'm ready for a run again. The scale was friendly again this morning, especially considering I ate a fair bit last night. Not unhealthy stuff, but just volume wise. Let's hope this loss sticks, or I lose even more by Friday. Definitely been working hard this week to kick it into gear.

Shouldn't be a too tough day at work today. Only one set appointment, but there can always be things that come up. I think I might go home for lunch and then just stay there and work on some client notes and write the article for the online newspaper. I get distracted here... not that I don't at home, but we'll see.

Hope everyone's week is going well! Only three days left in this challenge!

What are we going to name the next one?? It's hitting our year anniversary (for some of us)!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I am super crabby today with stomach cramps since TOM showed up today (a few days early) - no wonder I've felt like crap with no energy the last few days. Still battling the sore throat/runny nose. I did manage my bike ride this morning but barely made 10 miles (*sighs*). That takes me to 569 min of total exercise this month. At least I only have 5 clients today. Sorry that I'm too tired to respond to people right now - maybe tonight.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Victoria - sorry you are feeling so crappy! I hate that!!

Amy - while I'd love the "ease" of just getting the surgery that some people seem to have in just losing weight, yeah, it seems way too risky. My friend had it done almost a year and a half ago and she hasn't really had any complications, but she has to constantly be monitored for all these things - nutrients, proteins, etc. And her eating habits are still just as bad as they used to be. BAD!

Kristina - how i'd love to stay home and work today..sigh...

Well I took Gracie to school for her first day and her new teacher rubbed me the wrong way when I was trying to tell her about Gracie's food allergies to wheat and dairy. I am hoping it was just a fluke, but I guess I had high expectations and she didn't meet them. Again...trying to hope it was a fluke and keeping an open mind...
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Need Information about HCG drops/ injections

First off do they work?
    Which is better?
    Whats the cost of both?
    Are the drops less concentrated then the injections?
    IS it safe for your body?
    How long can you use them for?
    IS it better to go through your doctor to get them or a weight loss clinic?
    Whats a good site to go to to buy this product?
    is this a product that should be prescribed by your doctor or are the ones you an buy online safe?
    I just need some advice. I work out weekly but i feel like i need a little extra help?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Mrs jay - I'm not sure I'd recommend this diet esp with your admitted history of binge eating/vomiting. As far as I know, none of us are using this diet. There is a thread for this that you should investigate for more info. I believe weaklink is very into HCG and can give you better info. Honestly, eating healthier foods and aiming for 1 pound a week loss is a much better strategy in my opinion. Good luck in your quest.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Mrs jay - I'm not sure I'd recommend this diet esp with your admitted history of binge eating/vomiting. As far as I know, none of us are using this diet. There is a thread for this that you should investigate for more info. I believe weaklink is very into HCG and can give you better info. Honestly, eating healthier foods and aiming for 1 pound a week loss is a much better strategy in my opinion. Good luck in your quest.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    So...since our new challenge starts next week (I think) I thought it might be a fun time to throw around some lunch ideas for everyone. I have a whole dinner calendar for about four weeks still, but lunches are harder. I generally eat the same lunch and breakfast for a week so its easier.

What do you eat for lunch? What would you like to eat for lunch, even if it is unhealthy? Because maybe we can throw around some ideas on how to make it healthier!

I decided today too that I was going to make another goal to not eat out at lunch for 4 weeks. That will be insanely hard for me, so I need ideas people!!

Mine: egg salad sandwiches made with greek yogurt and mayo instead of just mayo to cut the cals and up the protein. And a brothy soup. (I think this is it for me next week).
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: I like the idea of talking lunch with you ladies. I, too, plan my dinner menus out (only a week in advance for me - you are hardcore with your 4 weeks of dinners!) but lunches get more thrown together last minute. I oftentimes end up eating last night's dinner leftover's for lunch. I actually make Chicken tortilla soup (I posted the recipe here a while back) about every other week and it gives me a ton of leftovers so I eat that for lunch a lot. When no leftovers are available, I tend to blend up a smoothie for lunch. My smoothies contain strawberries, blue or black berries, protein powder, spinach, Amazing Grass supplement and water. I try to avoid drinking my lunch on a regular basis because I find that I am hungrier sooner than if I eat something that involves chewing but it gets the job done as I generally don't have a lot of time in the middle of the day for preparing a meal. If I could eat anything I wanted for lunch, I'd probably go for something with curry in it - I have been feigning for Indian food and there just isn't any around here. Oh, and doesn't it stink when your kid's teacher makes a bad impression? I am kind of dealing with this same thing with Gabe's school this year. They just seem so apathetic. I am seriously considering home-schooling as I still don't have a job and have no real prospects for getting one so I can't afford the super-pricey International school here (he went to an International school in California last year, and I LOVED it).

Ms. Jay: I know nothing about the HCG diet. I know there's people at MFP on it and I believe they even have a thread on the boards here. I've never known anyone on it and it doesn't sound like fun to me (you only eat like 500 calories a day) but some people absolutely swear by it. I'd find one of the knowledgeable folks around here and ask them. Good luck!

Victoria: I hope you are feeling better today!

Well, last night and today have kind of stunk for me. Gabe has been fighting off a cold and he kept waking us up last night. I swear I got an hour of sleep - total. Then I had a follow up with my doc about the "anxiety attacks". Yeah, she diagnosed my weird dizzy spells as anxiety and gave me zoloft. I don't like antidepressants. I have never had a good reaction to them and always have more side effects than seem worth it. So I told her I didn't want to take a pill every day especially since I haven't had an "attack" in weeks. She Sooo wasn't listening to me. She said, "Oh, that means the pills are helping you - keep taking them." I haven't been taking them, they aren't helping me but she wasn't paying any attention. I love military doctors.

So I haven't done any exercise today and I don't want to cuz I have a headache due to the lack of sleep and a sore throat. But I will do exercise. I WILL.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Right before I left work yesterday, I got a text from my dad saying someone wanted to see my house from 6-7 last night. I rushed home (got there by 5:30), had enough time to do all those random cleaning chores, and got out of the house by 6:01. I got back home around 7:30 and didn't feel like working out at that point. I'm gonna go tonight. I think its time to start going back to the gym regularly.

Lexi was really thirsty last night. She cleaned out her water bowl and then I poured maybe 1/4th of a bowl more in there. Expectedly, she woke me up at 3am whining. She wanted to go outside. I let her out, went back to my bed and laid down on top of the covers to try to give her time to do her thing. I woke back up at 4am to let her back inside. I'm glad she knows to wake me up instead of peeing in the house, but man I'm tired today. I am so thankful for a fenced in backyard....it would suck to have to take her out on a leash in the middle of the night. But if the house ever sells and they figure out this payraise or overtime thing here at work and I move into an apartment, I will have to get used to walking Lexi (and cleaning up her poop) all the time. Thankfully my dog has a fairly regular schedule.

man, you can tell how tired I am because now I'm rambling about my dog's poop schedule lol
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I'm still fighting the sore throat. I slept in and skipped my 7 mile run this morning. I can tell my body needs the break. I hope to take a walk this afternoon.

I usually have a wrap with 2 ounces meat and a slice of cheese with fresh veges as side and a cup of soup for lunch. Snacks in my day are fresh fruit and granola bars. Sometimes I throw in a salad with tuna or egg.

Kendal - good luck with the house. LOL on dog toileting talk...

I have no idea what to name the next challenge... Catch you guys later.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Lacey- good idea with talking about lunch ideas. Hopefully we can continue this into the next thread as well, as this is the last day of this one. My lunch really varies. I almost always have an apple, but what else I have changes. I often will do leftovers from dinner, or a lean cuisine if'm really lazy. I'll usually go out once a week or so and get a sandwich (subway, bagel shop, etc). Sometimes I'll make cold salads, like a triple bean salad, my vegan "tuna" salad, barley and black bean salad, etc.

Kendal- you'll have to let us knons if anything comes from the showing last night. It's great that Lexi is so trained to let you know when she needs to go out. Sorry about the lack of sleep though!

Victoria- sounds like you needed a break. Take some time and feel better! Rest up and drink lots of fluids and you can get a run in another day

Amy- sorry to hear about the suckage. Don't know about the dizzy spells really being anxiety. I suppose it's possible, especially if you were thinking about something stressful. As it doesn't seem to be generalized and it doesn't happen that often, sounds like you don't need medication (if it's anxiety). Just make sure that you don't start and stop the antidepressants suddenly, as there can be side effects associated with stopping cold turkey. Relaxation techniques might work better.

So, anywho, good day so far for me. The scale was friendly this morning, so I hope it stays (or goes down further). So I'm trying to stick well with the eating today. We had lunch takeout today, but it was from the local bagel shop, and a veggie sandwich bagel isn't too bad, and I had some fruit, but did have a small bag of baked doritos. Thinking will do an egg white omelette with some spinach for dinner tonight. Should keep me under calories, especially as I plan to hit up the rec center after work. I'm thinking it might be an ellipitcal day because it burns more calories, but when I went on tuesday, those machines were busy! We'll see. Will work out either day. Could possibly run instead, but I might leave that for tomorrow, since I just ran yesterday. Did 5.09 miles at an 11:29 pace! Rather impressed with my time.

So, seriously gals... WHAT SHOULD OUR NEXT CHALLENGE BE CALLED? For some of us (Victoria, and I believe Kendal) it's approaching our year anniversaries here at MFP. Yay!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    yup...this next challenge will be a complete year for our group. no clue what to name it though. We've kinda branded ourselves with the alliteration and the name of the season in the title. This challenge will end a week before Halloween. Something to focus on that? I know that is a biggie for me. I love Halloween.

Feeling Awesome in Autumn
    Getting Hot for Halloween
    (although that might sound like we're hitting menopause or something...maybe spell it HAWT instead? lol)

or getting away from the alliteration...

Getting Sexy/Cute/another adjective for Halloween
    Getting Ready for Halloween