wow that looks sooo good!:love:
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • tararag
    tararag Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    that looks delicous! once I get home I am going to try it!
  • danni530
    Options
    I made this with rice cheese and it actually worked better then when i made it with regular cheese so give that a try :)
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I know there are a plethora of versions out there, here is mine:
    Grated a head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (I would use a food processor if I had one). Cook in microwave for 8 mins. Let it cool for about 10 mins. Put in an egg and 1/2 cup mozzarella as well as a few dashes of whatever spices you like (basil, oregano, parsley, cayenne). Mix with hand. It'll be gloppy. Spread onto a lightly oiled pan. I used coconut oil on glass. Norm i use olive oil but my cousin said to try coconut for when olive oil hits a certain temp it turns to trans fat. Bake at 450 for 15 or until it starts to brown slightly. As that baked I sautéed desired veggies in coconut oil. I used summer squash mushrooms and asparagus. Once crust was done I used no salt added diced tomatoes for sauce. Added cheese. Put sautéed veggies on top. Baked an additional 15 on 450 or until cheese started to brown

That olive oil trans fat thing is a myth.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This looks really good. I love cauliflower. I am going to try it. Thanks!!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This looks and sounds delicious. Now added to my recipe box.
  • GracieGag
    GracieGag Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    People are trying ot lose weight here, that's why.
  • progers88
    progers88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "bump"
  • tackie8383
    tackie8383 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump - but also - this isn't paleo. Paleo = no cheese.
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza might take slightly more time than ordering online but wow, it's so good. I thought there was no way it was going to compare to real pizza. I was wrong. It's delicious. The whole time you're making it you think to yourself "no, there's no way this is going to hold together in an oven" but it does! It's the weirdest thing I've ever made, but so so so good.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For those not wanting to wring out their cauliflower, I made cauliflower "tortillas" the other day and baked the riced cauliflower at 325 for 30 minutes or so instead of microwaving it. The "tortillas" came out really well. Normally, my pizza crust is just a little too soft. It tastes fine, but you have to eat it with a fork.

I also used parchment paper, which was awesome.

Edited: typo
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight and I loved it even the kids loved it. I am a picky eater and wouldn't think twice about about cauliflower but you would never know that's what the crust was made of.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just made this and it smells so good, however I did add a dash more chickpea flour as the "dough" was just a bit too watery - though I think that's because I didn't squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower properly. I got too enthusiastic and the cauliflower ended up all over the kitchen, so afterwards I was a little apprehensive to say the least.

Yet to try though, but this looks to be the best pizza alternative I have made thus far.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! I might have to give it a try. I just find that I'm a bit intimidated by making pizza at home ...even my Pillsbury pop-can pizza doesn't turn out very good. Usually just go for delivery or frozen :(
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Saving this! Thanks for sharing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I think it's time to make this again. It was awesome last time.