Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Drool :love:
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself I'll try making this, but your pic is super-inspiring, not to mention the great suggestions on getting a crispy crust! Definitely making! Thanks
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Made a great one tonight!
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • OhNoSheDidnt
    OhNoSheDidnt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Saving
  • animalgurl000
    animalgurl000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    looks delicious!
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erc89432
    erc89432 Posts: 21
    Options
    THAT LOOKS SO GOOD
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Looks yum !
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    marking for recipe
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump to save. Yum!!!
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mmmm im going to try this
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

So I tried cauliflower pizza last night for the first time and it was super delicious! It was 41 calories per slice (8 slices per pizza) and only 2 grams of fat! Had I not made it myself, I totally wouldn't have believed it was made from cauliflower! It's gluten free, paleo, and just straight up delicious!

Here's the recipe I used:

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2014/01/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Enjoy! :)

I tried it out. It wasn't bad, but I think I'm not going to make it again.
    Your calorie calculation is off a little.
    Cauliflower medium head- 146
    USDA - Egg, 1 egg (50g) 71
    Cheese - Parmesan, shredded, 4 tbsp 80
    Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 1/4 cup 80
    Bob's Red Mill - Vital Wheat Gluten, 0.0625 cup (30g) 30 (That's what I used for the flour)

I got 407 calories in the crust. In reality it should be negative calories for all the prep work involved. lol

It turned out as shown. Had a devil of a time draining the water. I think I pulsed it too much cause little bits of cauliflower paste were coming through the cheesecloth. It was fun. Thanks for sharing.
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight and it was very yummy! It was a pain to drain the water off the cauliflower but well worth it. I used a clean, unused nylon to do it! It worked pretty well. Topped it with pizza sauce, onion, spinach, ow fat cheese and turkey pepperoni. Will do a bbq pizza one next. Mine was hand edible, did not need a fork :)
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know there are a plethora of versions out there, here is mine:
    Grated a head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (I would use a food processor if I had one). Cook in microwave for 8 mins. Let it cool for about 10 mins. Put in an egg and 1/2 cup mozzarella as well as a few dashes of whatever spices you like (basil, oregano, parsley, cayenne). Mix with hand. It'll be gloppy. Spread onto a lightly oiled pan. I used coconut oil on glass. Norm i use olive oil but my cousin said to try coconut for when olive oil hits a certain temp it turns to trans fat. Bake at 450 for 15 or until it starts to brown slightly. As that baked I sautéed desired veggies in coconut oil. I used summer squash mushrooms and asparagus. Once crust was done I used no salt added diced tomatoes for sauce. Added cheese. Put sautéed veggies on top. Baked an additional 15 on 450 or until cheese started to brown

That's pretty close to the same recipe. :) I don't have a microwave though so I liked the idea of roasting the cauliflower first (plus it really brought out a nice flavour).

Both of the directions seem so yummy to me! I am dying for pizza. Gotta have a pizza! I have had the craving for pizza since I started this MFP. I used to eat a large half of a PaPa Johns pizza with all the dipping butter in the blink of an eye! If I had a pizza now, I think I would be sitting in the corner with my family's pizza, growling like a wild animal eating it all ! Hopefully this will replace my craving. : )
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I like to cook and bake gluten free for some friends of mine. Thank you for the recipe. I will give it a try.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Any tips on how to get it nice and crispy? The base was a little soft.
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just had this for lunch, and I'm so full. With toppings, it was only 310 for the size I made. I've found you can do the initial bake of the crust on the weekend, and just add the toppings and pop it in the toaster oven for 10 min before lunch. That way I can take it to work.