Dating advice needed....please

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    He may think hes' doing the right thing
    Isn't it sort of common knowledge not to over text and over call?

^THIS. Either he doesn't know how not cool that is, or he knows it but can't help himself. Either way, it's not very encouraging.

Your options:

1. Do him a favor: don't say anything about it, and go out with him--and hope that you can hear eachother over the sound of that huge red flag flapflapflapping away between you.

2. Do him a mixed favor: educate him, tell him that what's he's doing is not cool and setting off alarms, and go out with him anyway--if he still wants to after you (maybe) bruise his ego a little.

3. Do both him and yourself a favor: educate him and cancel the date.

4. Do yourself a favor: cancel the date.

I'm voting for #3 or #4.

The typical 6.5 and above women in the 21-28 age range will cancel with no explanation (option 4). From 5-6.5 in that age cohort, the majority (my guess 85-90%) will cancel with no explanation (option 4), while the rest will choose option 3.

You are predicting women's behavior based on your rating scale of their looks?
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options

^THIS. Either he doesn't know how not cool that is, or he knows it but can't help himself. Either way, it's not very encouraging.

Your options:

1. Do him a favor: don't say anything about it, and go out with him--and hope that you can hear eachother over the sound of that huge red flag flapflapflapping away between you.

2. Do him a mixed favor: educate him, tell him that what's he's doing is not cool and setting off alarms, and go out with him anyway--if he still wants to after you (maybe) bruise his ego a little.

I'm voting for #3 or #4.

The typical 6.5 and above women in the 21-28 age range will cancel with no explanation (option 4). From 5-6.5 in that age cohort, the majority (my guess 85-90%) will cancel with no explanation (option 4), while the rest will choose option 3.

There are always exceptions, but there's definitely some truth in what he said. Good looking women won't put up with half the crap that less attractive women put up with. It's all about options.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Wow so many people seeing the red flags thank you again for all your advice...:smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Your options:

I'm voting for #3 or #4.

There are always exceptions, but there's definitely some truth in what he said. Good looking women won't put up with half the crap that less attractive women put up with. It's all about options.

I would say it has more to do with self worth than looks. As usual, you and your misogynist buddy like to reduce women down to mathematical formulas to make yourselves feel better. And men too!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    if it were me, i would either be completely honest with him and still go out with him anyway, or be completely honest and not go out with him, depending upon how he reacts to: "Wow, i appreciate that you're so focused on our date; i need to be honest with you and let you know, though, that your messaging is pushing my boundaries. i'm not used to that much texting over a first date, and it's a little uncomfortable for me."

..but then again i am just a 4, and therefore necessarily considerate of the feelings of others. (i'm sure if i were hotter i'd just ignore the guy. if i were superhot i'd make fun of him too.)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wonder if DMZ & Mikey text each other and plan which threads to post their crazy to... Or call each other in the morning and see what to wear.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mvre9bYcn01shxe70o1_500.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I wonder if DMZ & Mikey text each other and plan which threads to post their crazy to... Or call each other in the morning and see what to wear.

they probably KIK each other.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see our resident twits have arrived.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I see good looking women consistently putting up with all kinds of insane stuff, such as domestic abuse, clinginess, and everything else. Predicting women's behavior based on how hot you think they are is either galactically stupid or a self fulfilling prophecy.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You could always go for the straight forward approach. Let him know that the constant communication is making you feel uncomfortable and see what happens.

I've always been one to give people the benefit of the doubt. He may just be excited, nervous, socially awkward, etc.

I vote for this. Maybe he is just overly excited at the thought of a date with you. Isn't that a complement? Is he quite a bit older than you? Maybe he thinks this is what younger people do these days.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Change your phone number before you end up stuffed in his bedroom in the basement.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    RUN!!!! Bad bad bad sign for a mega-clingy dude, you don't want that! Block his number and move along, girly, move along.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You have a great Mum, and she's right.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Sounds desperate.....Avoid.

You don't need that.
  • SirDoctorofTARDIS
    SirDoctorofTARDIS Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd tell him to jog on. At the very least he is too clingy...hopefully not worse :noway:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    This guy

love296.gif
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I generally trust a mum's instincts ... and I've had the same thing happen, and yep, freak!
  • jlschuh44
    jlschuh44 Posts: 218
    Options
    He sounds like he may be someone with control issues. I would proceed with caution.