Okay...big shoulders...

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't have broad shoulders. I lift weights. Heavy weights.

Oh, and LOL at the idea that Kim Kardashian lifts heavy weights.

ETA: I also wear small and extra small tops, since that seems to be a concern.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Agreed but hits the point home
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    She is just voicing her opinion. In her opinion she doesn't want to look muscular. That's fine. Some women are like that. My mom is too. I'm sure she means no offense to others who want to look that way. She just wants a different type of shape. Lay off peeps. :grumble:

So she can voice her opinion that muscular women are unattractive, men who find them attractive are not "normal" and that lifting 5 pound dumb bells is going to make her shoulders massive, but we cannot tell her our opinion of her opinion?

Got it.

sw77ls.gif

It just seems like she's being ganged up on. :cry:

It only seems that way because the majority of the people replying don't agree with her. She stated an opinion, which she's entitled to, but she stated it in a way that made it sound like she speaks for the majority. Which you can see from the responses she does not. I get what she was trying to say, she just could have been more tactful about it. Then we wouldn't feel the need to defend ourselves. :-)

Well the survey I was involved in came from over 50,000 people...then when you use that study, and do the math on the rest of the United States, population, generalize it, they came up with the majority feel that way about body types. I don't really care what other peoples body types are or how there husbands or finances feel. I'm saying MY HUSBAND likes my Body to be smaller on top. Hence my worry about over time, after I move from the 5 to the 8 to the 10 lb weights, that my shoulder muscles would strengthen and give my shoulders a broader look. God forbid I ask a question on a forum FOR THAT REASON and people just answer it without being rude. Anyways, I don't care, does my response appear as so, possibly, however I just was informed my post blew up so I came back to just speak my peace.

What is your husband's opinion of your writing skills? Or your general attitude toward others? Or your laundry basket carrying abilities? Just wondering since husbands' opinions seem to the be all/end all in this thread.

BTW your question wasn't rude. It was the putting down of other people that was rude. For instance you might have simply said "I lift 3-5 lbs weights and have a hard time doing so. If I'm fatiguing my mucles with these does that mean I might put on muscle mass and end up with shoulders larger than I currently have?" <===that would have been a question devoid of value judgements or generalizations or validation for your body type above those of others.

For one, my husband HATES ALL PEAR SHAPED women and thinks they should stay home and do laundry all day no MATTER HOW HARD IS IS FOR THEM TO CARRY those baskets with their weak arms. He prefers my hourglass figure and strong arms and takes me on all the outings and to all the fun places and fancy dinners and SNEERS AND SCOFFS and shows general disgust towards ALL PEAR SHAPED women so that they may know their place in the hierarchy of his taste and that of the male hive mind.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: MCD, please tell your husband for me that he may smooch my EN-tire shiny white pear-shaped behind. :smooched: :heart: ya!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

ETA: I also wear small and extra small tops, since that seems to be a concern.

Yeah that part got me too, the only heavy things I've seen Kim Lift are on her left ring finger.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    She is just voicing her opinion. In her opinion she doesn't want to look muscular. That's fine. Some women are like that. My mom is too. I'm sure she means no offense to others who want to look that way. She just wants a different type of shape. Lay off peeps. :grumble:

So she can voice her opinion that muscular women are unattractive, men who find them attractive are not "normal" and that lifting 5 pound dumb bells is going to make her shoulders massive, but we cannot tell her our opinion of her opinion?

Got it.

sw77ls.gif

It only seems that way because the majority of the people replying don't agree with her. She stated an opinion, which she's entitled to, but she stated it in a way that made it sound like she speaks for the majority. Which you can see from the responses she does not. I get what she was trying to say, she just could have been more tactful about it. Then we wouldn't feel the need to defend ourselves. :-)

Well the survey I was involved in came from over 50,000 people...then when you use that study, and do the math on the rest of the United States, population, generalize it, they came up with the majority feel that way about body types. I don't really care what other peoples body types are or how there husbands or finances feel. I'm saying MY HUSBAND likes my Body to be smaller on top. Hence my worry about over time, after I move from the 5 to the 8 to the 10 lb weights, that my shoulder muscles would strengthen and give my shoulders a broader look. God forbid I ask a question on a forum FOR THAT REASON and people just answer it without being rude. Anyways, I don't care, does my response appear as so, possibly, however I just was informed my post blew up so I came back to just speak my peace.

What is your husband's opinion of your writing skills? Or your general attitude toward others? Or your laundry basket carrying abilities? Just wondering since husbands' opinions seem to the be all/end all in this thread.

BTW your question wasn't rude. It was the putting down of other people that was rude. For instance you might have simply said "I lift 3-5 lbs weights and have a hard time doing so. If I'm fatiguing my mucles with these does that mean I might put on muscle mass and end up with shoulders larger than I currently have?" <===that would have been a question devoid of value judgements or generalizations or validation for your body type above those of others.

For one, my husband HATES ALL PEAR SHAPED women and thinks they should stay home and do laundry all day no MATTER HOW HARD IS IS FOR THEM TO CARRY those baskets with their weak arms. He prefers my hourglass figure and strong arms and takes me on all the outings and to all the fun places and fancy dinners and SNEERS AND SCOFFS and shows general disgust towards ALL PEAR SHAPED women so that they may know their place in the hierarchy of his taste and that of the male hive mind.
    Did I miss a hive mind announcement?:sad:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How long before the deactivation? Please... place your bets.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    lol. The only way women get boulder shoulders is with steroids.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Got it.

sw77ls.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: MCD, please tell your husband for me that he may smooch my EN-tire shiny white pear-shaped behind. :smooched: :heart: ya!

*whispers* shhhhhhh, that wasn't for real. just making a point. ya know fight fire with fire and all.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Nothing? Well when you have 0 strength, they actually can, I'm proof. They made all my workouts a little harder. I could barely pick up my 5lb bag of flour.

Sad
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options

5 dollars on an hour
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

I dunno, I seem to have a shape men go gaga for and can squat like 180, so.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Woman said she doesn't want to lift huge weights. Said men find that unattractive.

Women not lifting huge weights take offense and... internet attack mode!!!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    JSF
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If only there were some kind of search function on these boards that would bring up topics already posted about things related to what you're wanting to ask prior to asking..... :indifferent:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

20 minutes. She's got some fight in her.
  • pursuittofit
    pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It wont happen.

Unless you have some serious problems with hormones, your body simply does not produces that much of a testosterone to make your shoulder 'broad'. If you lift (heavy) weights, your shoulders will tighten up and divide a slight line of muscles underneath your skin.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    OP - put the weights down. Get back onto the treadmill.

You are looking to be small. That's fine, it's your goal.

Lifting weight will not make your fat arms (your words) turn into small arms.

Eat less, that's it. Yes, you'll look better naked if you lift heavy weights and not live on the treadmill, but your goal is to be smaller. Read my top line again.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Got it.

sw77ls.gif

Hence my worry about over time, after I move from the 5 to the 8 to the 10 lb weights, that my shoulder muscles would strengthen and give my shoulders a broader look......

So I've been shoulder pressing with up to 40lb dumb bells for the last couple of years.... I am far from a line backer. Pretty sure you'll be good with the good 'ol 10lb-ers.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

Wow. honestly i was just going to reassure you that you could lift very heavy and not have to worry about whatever it is that article put into your head...but after this comment, I am going to tell you to keep lifting those 5lb weights....I hope you get fabulous none results. My husband loves what is happening to my body doing the things I do. He is not a freak or abnormal. The study's you took sound like a joke to me. Actually your whole post does.
This discussion has been closed.