Okay...big shoulders...

Options

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

:huh:
    I see.

I lift giant weights...Lots of men happen to find me attractive. There are a lot of women who lift giant weights that are all grades of attractive...all over this site...

I do not have huge shoulders. I do not have gargantuan legs...I do not have any manly characteristics, except for maybe my foul mouth, but I had that when I was fat, too...

In fact, I lost all my weight because of giant weights, and am in smaller clothes than I was ten years ago, ten pounds lighter.

But hey...as long as you're happy with yourself, and your husband is happy with you, then you just go right on ahead and don't worry a bit about all of us unattractive girls while you get your hot on struggling to lift a five pound bag of flour, sweetheart.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have refrained from replying for 5 pages so as to calm myself but it hasn't worked.

OP you seriously pissed me off with your judgemental comments. I work my *kitten* off to build muscle and you think your barbie weights are gonna make you look manly?!?! Your husband is "normal" because he likes you weak and helpless?!?! Just stick to whatever the ____ you wanna do and don't make comments on how women should look or what "all normal" men like. Thanks.

Changing my profile pic to show you all my "manly" muscles. Someday you may at least appreciate the work I have put in and respect that, even if you don't want them for yourself.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I have refrained from replying for 5 pages so as to calm myself but it hasn't worked.

OP you seriously pissed me off with your judgemental comments. I work my *kitten* off to build muscle and you think your barbie weights are gonna make you look manly?!?! Your husband is "normal" because he likes you weak and helpless?!?! Just stick to whatever the ____ you wanna do and don't make comments on how women should look or what "all normal" men like. Thanks.

Changing my profile pic to show you all my "manly" muscles. Someday you may at least appreciate the work I have put in and respect that, even if you don't want them for yourself.

All I see is hotness
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I must be an abnormal man cause :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I always wonder where people get these ideas of huge *insert part here* developing because of lifting. Did you see a picture of a female body builder at one point and went "OMG, that's what will happen to me!" while ignoring that the woman you're seeing trains incredibly hard, maintains a very low bodyfat, and doesn't look like that year round? (Not that they female body builder look isn't beautiful, I'm just making a point here.)

If you are, as the ticker indicates, still reasonably overweight why in the world is getting the attributes of a woman at lower body fat than you're ever likely to achieve a concern for you? You think you're going to accidentally hit 10-13% body fat or that when all the fat is gone from your body you're going to magically be some huge muscular chick under there? Really? REALLY? That's a concern for you?

Spare me.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

Wow. honestly i was just going to reassure you that you could lift very heavy and not have to worry about whatever it is that article put into your head...but after this comment, I am going to tell you to keep lifting those 5lb weights....I hope you get fabulous none results. My husband loves what is happening to my body doing the things I do. He is not a freak or abnormal. The study's you took sound like a joke to me. Actually your whole post does.

Why do you think you look like whatever random image the so-called "study" used?
    If they put up a contest-ready Ms Olympia contestant as a "muscular" female example, it would get a lot of negative responses. As would the male version. But those are extreme.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You DON'T want broad shoulders?

Mkay. Clearly you don't know about the ratio that a vtaper gives you.....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

LuLu Chick, your arms look great! your whole upper body does. I luff.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Yeowza!! :wink: :love: :flowerforyou:

Amazing work!!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Oops. Guess I'm going to have tell my friends they're abnormal for finding me attractive. I've worked my *kitten* off for this body, and I'm damn proud of it.

Not the look you're going for? No worries, just keep your body fat higher and your muscles won't look defined.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Oops. Guess I'm going to have tell my friends they're abnormal for finding me attractive. I've worked my *kitten* off for this body, and I'm damn proud of it.

Not the look you're going for? No worries, just keep your body fat higher and your muscles won't look defined.

You have lovely walnut crackers! :flowerforyou:
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I must be an abnormal man cause :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

+10
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    OP, I suggest you read New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm interesting in knowing just how broad your shoulders get? Do you mean muscularly defined shoulders, or do you really mean broad? Some people have "broad" shoulders just by genetics. I think I have broad-ish shoulders for a woman IMO, and now that I've been lifting heavy (not the 5 or 8lb weights), I notice my arms and shoulders are nicely defined, like I can see the difference when I'm doing my hair or makeup or whatever. They don't really look "broader" as if I've added inches on either side, they feel and look tighter and defined. Not sure if I'm making any sense :smile: Anyway, I'm in agreement with the others who've said to lift heavy.

edited to add, the last pic on my profile page shows what my shoulders/arms look like while lifting. They aren't as flexed and nice looking like that all the time :smile: (I love working shoulders, probably my favorite part to work). Also, my husband still finds me attractive. And so far, no one else's husband or any man in general has looked at my arms and said Ew yet, so.....LOL.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awww shucks, thanks all :blushing:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Think OP is confusing evolutionary preference for higher body fat % in women with evolutionary preference for muscle/strength in women. Yes, women carrying higher body fat % than men is generally thought to be attractive, because that extra fat is necessary for reproductive purposes. Can't think of a single reason why the male of a species would select for weak/unable to defend oneself in female attractiveness. Without the immediate survival threat the last few generations, it's obvious that cultural selection has allowed some unusual things to creep in, but at base programming level, most males are still going to select for a strong mate.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Here's what happens with 3lb weights OP

32zjhbl.jpg

Before there was just a hand in the picture... Well okay thanks for being a total a-hole and a jerk.

I was just reading along...I won't comment on your OP.

I was a little shocked when I read your response to this picture...I took it as just a light hearted response to your question.

Yet you turned around and accused people of being rude.

I don't know...I think maybe that you threw out the first rude remark. If you didn't know how he meant this picture...maybe you should have asked.

That's just me however...I have fairly thick skin.
  • Wondergirll
    Options
    Hopping on this train. I'm sure your kids weigh over 5 pounds. As they grow up they're going to get bigger... You'll be picking them up, putting them in swings, carseats, shopping carts and bath tubs. You may wanna watch out... you may get bulky from this.

Also.. for the love of bacon.. It's "studies" NOT "study's." That nullifies your argument in my opinion.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    <--- this is me after a year of working hard at a progressive loading heavy lifting program. I wasn't even eating at a deficit in that time.

There are many days between the day you start lifting and the day you end up with massive shoulders. On any one of those days you can change your mind and stop if you don't like the results you're seeing. Your concern is a little like being worried that you're going to start jogging and then run a marathon by mistake.

Also there are a lot of women who lift on this site. If rudeness bothers you so much, then maybe you shouldn't be so insulting toward us.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Hopping on this train. I'm sure your kids weigh over 5 pounds. As they grow up they're going to get bigger... You'll be picking them up, putting them in swings, carseats, shopping carts and bath tubs. You may wanna watch out... you may get bulky from this.

Also.. for the love of bacon.. It's "studies" NOT "study's." That nullifies your argument in my opinion.

*Golf clap*
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

:love: :love: :love:

Oh, that I could be that manly!
This discussion has been closed.