pals in 40s and 50s

Options

Replies

• jalle2010
    Options
    I am new here. Lazy and unfit in need of motivation.
    Feel free to add me.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a little nervous because in one week, I need to have relatively minor surgery (bladder thing) and I won't be able to exercise like I normally do for 6 weeks. I will be able to start walking but no lifting anything heavier than 10 lbs for 6 weeks, no running....and I'm nervous that it will be difficult to manage my food intake without having exercise to help balance it out. I am used to being pretty active and this exercise restriction will be really tough. Plus, I love exercising a bit more strenuously for the good way it makes me feel. I feel like I won't be able to maintain weight loss without the exercise I normally do.
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and the health issues just keep coming. I need to loose the weight bad. Invite me as a friend I take pretty much everybody.
  • ny1120
    ny1120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40's too! Working full time....2 kids. Borderline high blood pressure. Tired when I come home from work and need motivation to move! This weekend I have decided to interact socially on the message boards for the first time hoping that it will keep me motivated. I need some buddies.....add me :)
  • EverythingNicki
    Options
    I am 41 and new to MFP but have been logging daily. Just trying to track my fitness since I was not feeling as strong as when I was younger. Feel free to add me too!
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in my mid 40s....Gosh I never thought I would say that. Where did time go? I would like to lose 10 to 15 pounds. I love to be active with my workouts (running, hiking, backcountry skiing, and lifting) I think I just need to watch my calories a little more.
  • cassylola24
    Options
    Hi I'm coming up to 48 so would be delighted to join the group.
    Joined MFP 13th January wanting to lose about 14kgs. Have lost 6.3kgs since 6th Jan (Started logging things a week before I found the site)
    Please add me:)
    Dawn
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 50 this spring and want to lose 20lbs in the next 80 days! Have started exercising - not enough but it's a start - enjoying running and bootcamp but could do a lot more.

Would love some tips from people who are this age group and staying slim.

Some of the photos on here are really impressive. They make me realise it's not only overweight people who are here to be careful about healthy eating and exercise - lots of people on here look good because they stay focused once the excess weight has gone.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 46 and struggling
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Soon to be 55 (how did THAT happen?). I've been on and off the boards, back on now!

I have a slim teenager as well and a junk food loving husband. So my challenges are temptation in the kitchen. Funny though, my teenager is a runner and leans towards healthier choices unlike Dad.

I've been watching the calories, quality of food and have been lifting at the gym. I find lifting heavy really helps and having my buddy at the gym and on walks. I have a good 18 lbs to lose, but would be ecstatic with 10. Baby steps.

Feel free to add me. All the best for your journey!
  • beciathome
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54 and trying to get motivated. Would love any tips. :smile:
  • mkladyjmm
    mkladyjmm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    54 here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • iamuniqueiam
    iamuniqueiam Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, soon to be 47 (yikes). I've got a lot of weight to lose but I've been making pretty good progress so far. I've only been on MFP for about 6 weeks now. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    45. I would like to join here. Trying again...to get this weight off. It's been a lifelong battle. Really could use some friends to motivate me. I need to lose about 100 pounds
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, 46 and high blood pressure
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    49yrs young here but my 40s were not to kind to me. Over the past 7yrs I gained 30lbs and I would like to lose most of it before the big 50! I been off and on this site for several yrs but only started taking it seriously a little over a month ago. I now log in everyday and have made a few great friends here that help keep me motivated and I believe I help them as well. Wish everyone the best, if you are interested in sharing the journey send me a friend request.
  • Getfit2lookgood
    Getfit2lookgood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 (eek!!)
    Add me as well!
  • icha3x
    icha3x Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    just had my 19th anniversary of my 25th birthday ;)
    have to keep reminding myself that I do not need to keep up with the 20 year olds, but sure would be nice too.
  • idsk
    idsk Posts: 16
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I'm 18 with 28 years experience.
    Used to be very fit. Ran, swam, cycled, and went to gym.
    But for last 8 years I've not been able to do any off that.
    So you can imagine what that did to my waistline.
    But 90 days in to mfp I've met some very motivating friends here.

So add me if you would like.
  • Viggyfuss
    Viggyfuss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi :) im mid 40s and super motivated. making this year my lifestyle change year (no, its not a midlife crisis lol) ... feel free to add me. i log in at least daily