I just have to accept that I will always be fat

Options
I have tried so many diets, I dont have the discipline, I LOVE food that is bad for me, it makes me feel full in a different way to anything else.

I will just always be fat, there is no other option for me.

I have been trying this 5:2 diet, I got so hungry and found a galaxy bar and ate it at about 4pm

I've also had a bowl of granola and a yogurt and a banana today.

well over my 500 calories, so I have basically been hungry all day for no reason what so ever.

I give up, this is the end of my weight loss journey because I am just not good enough and I never ever will be.

Off to throw away my 'skinny' clothes.

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    No, you just have to accept the fact that you just don't want to lose the weight badly enough. What's your motivation? Health? Looks?

It may just not be the right time for you. You'd make it a top priority otherwise.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Why are you making it so complicated? Find out your TDEE and eat less than that. Stop trying to rush weight loss and it will happen, I promise. I've lost over 90lbs eating whatever I wanted. You don't need to restrict and you don't need to starve.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oh hon, don't give up. First off, throw away the word "DIET". Take it baby steps, one day at a time or one meal at a time. Make it a lifestyle change because in reality DIETS don't work. They are a short term goal, and what you need is a lifetime commitment of GOOD HEALTH.
    You had a bowl of granola and a banana. Fantastic! Its a good start with good nutrition. But you also said you are over your 500 calories. Please, PLEASE tell me thats not your daily limit.. Good grief that isnt enough to even keep your organs functioning.

If you're hungry, then its because you ARE hungry and you aren't feeding your body properly. Do you like fruits? Veggies? Yogurts? For a sweet tooth reach for fruit, or yogurt with fruit. You like crunchy? Try some melba toast with peanut butter, or celery with peanut butter, or whatever.

Keep hanging on. Read the success stories and see what worked for others. It may also work for you. Ask questions on here. Surf the net for information on nutrition, not diets. But please don't give up.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why are you making it so complicated? Find out your TDEE and eat less than that. Stop trying to rush weight loss and it will happen, I promise. I've lost over 90lbs eating whatever I wanted. You don't need to restrict and you don't need to starve.

^^this. You can do it if you keep at it. Make yourself a priority and fight for what you want. Learn, research, ask, and do what it takes to make it happen
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Not being a failure is my new priority
  • 62smt
    62smt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please do not give up.

Maybe you need new ideas--look on the discussion boards, make new friends on MFP, etc.--and people to support you.

Do I understand that you are limited to 500 calories per day? If I am reading this correctly, that's far too restrictive. No wonder you cannot stick with the program. Try looking for a plan that isn't quite so restrictive.

Try making small dietary and exercise changes--perhaps one small change each week--until you develop healthier habits.

I have lost and gained several times but I haven't given up. I have learned a lot along the way and I still believe it is in me to lose and keep the weight off.

Again....please do not give up!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    maybe 5:2 isn't for you. how bout you just take baby steps... like just eat a little healthier. Maybe make one change at a time. Like just cut out soda. You are not hopeless. I repeat YOU ARE NOT HOPELESS. I think eating 500 calories is hard for everyone... you are not alone. Just start by switching to healthier alternatives. Everything will fall into place if you just don't give up on yourself.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    No with 5:2 you eat 500 calories 2 days a week not every day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Why did you really make this post? Are you truly ready to give up? Or are you looking for some help and motivation?

If you're just going to give up, okay, fine. Done.

But if you want to give this another try then you need to change some things. Stop thinking that you have to give up your favorite foods. You'll find ways to work them in. Stop comforting yourself with food. I know, that's a hard one. But trust me when I say that you're going to find tons of ways to comfort and reward yourself without food. You just need to look around and really consider what's right for you.

The 5:2 diet is great for those it works for, but I could never stick to it. If it doesn't work for you then it's not the right diet for you. Calculate your TDEE and set a reasonable goal. Identify your trigger foods and try to substitute something else. Find non-food rewards as you reach your goals. Stop dieting and start changing your life, one step at a time.

Dieting is tough work. Both physically and emotionally. Are you really quitting or are you ready to give this another go?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Acceptance is a huge part of happiness.

Good luck!
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    Thank you :) I think acceptance is what I need rather than trying to become something I am not.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to see a therapist. Its very easy for people to stand back and tell you that you "don't want it enough" or "you are making it too complicated". Weight loss begins between your ears.

You have to like yourself enough to think you are worth it. Who wants to get instructions from someone they don't really like?

You will get there. You're here.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have some friends who have had success with the 5:2, but its not for everyone. I ate 500 calories today between breakfast and post gym! Instead of looking at this journey like a race and a diet why not try and make a lifestyle change and aim for slow but steady weight loss. Like others have suggested calculate your TDEE here http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ and try it for a month. If you really want it bad enough than failure will not longer be an option.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    No more 5:2

No more restrictions

No more DIET.

If you want this to work, its all about finding something that works for you that you can stick with. You need to eat what you want, along with nutrient rich foods. Find healthy foods that you enjoy eating, but don't live off of just that; enjoy the foods you love. Enjoy the balance. And find some exercise you enjoy. It doesn't have to be super vigorous, just something you enjoy. And make sure you eat enough.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Ok, Enjoy your obesity!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Not being a failure is my new priority

What about setting goals that don't involve restrictions? Make a goal to eat 5 servings of veggies a day, or take 3 15-minute walks, or whatever. Go toward something positive instead of focusing on what you can't do, or what you shouldn't eat. Just being able to record some wins, however small, could really help.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many diets, I dont have the discipline,

Good. Not that you are willing to give up. It's good that you realize that "diets" aren't good for you.

As has been mentioned, find TDEE. Subract 10% - not much, but a little - and eat that.

Or, if you want something simpler - look at what you had been eating to gain weight. Eat a little less of it - A LITTLE, not A LOT less. Move a little more.

Pick one of the above and succeed.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many diets, I dont have the discipline, I LOVE food that is bad for me, it makes me feel full in a different way to anything else.

I have been trying this 5:2 diet, I got so hungry and found a galaxy bar and ate it at about 4pm

I've also had a bowl of granola and a yogurt and a banana today.

well over my 500 calories, so I have basically been hungry all day for no reason what so ever.

I give up, this is the end of my weight loss journey because I am just not good enough and I never ever will be.

Off to throw away my 'skinny' clothes.

STOP DIETING!

Stop telling yourself that yummy food is *BAD* for you!

I was put-off at the idea of trying to lose weight because I believed these things, and look at me now, down almost 80 pounds without giving up anything or feeling any guilt. So just stop it!

Check out the OP of this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Free your mind, and your *kitten* will follow! Seriously, get a grasp on basic nutrition and how to keep an accurate food diary. Once you have your head on straight, you will realize that it's *easy* to lose weight because you are no longer trying to conform to the dieting myths that the media and diet books, etc. have drilled into our heads. They are all liars, trying to get money from suckers.

:flowerforyou:
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    You can be whoever you want to be. Perhaps you are hungry because your body is craving nutrients and just vitamins, or even emotional love and security. Try relaxing, deep breaths, writing, yoga, or meditation. Feed your spirit as much as your body. And yes, maybe the 5:2 diet just isn't right for you. Try to stay positive and the rest will follow. : )
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I would never ever ever be able to live off of 500 calories per day, no matter how often.

Lets talk about this a little!