Instagram Girls

Options
i quit following all the photshopped girls and fitness girls from Instagram. was ruining my perception of women. anybody else feel that way?

Replies

• fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    guess not
  • HaleyNorman1
    Options
    I agree, it makes things seem unachievable
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Unrealistic expectations are unrealistic!
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Don't know what instagram is, don't care what instagram is, don't care who's on it, whatever it is.
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    Hey KMS follow me @ mmcmeeks
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    Don't know what instagram is, don't care what instagram is, don't care who's on it, whatever it is.

youre such a bad *kitten*.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    why would they Photoshop their Instagram pics? How ridiculous.

ETA: I'm at Heels_In_The_Gym and I'm all real. I don't even know how to Photoshop.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I hate the image of "real beauty" that is floating around. It is the very rare occasion that you see an image of an actual woman.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Though I do enjoy looking unfitness things on there too, I just look at things realistically.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If I wanna see "real beauty," I just look in the mirror! :3
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    i follow foodies....i hate it when they photoshop their food...

it's such lies....

that roast TOTALLY looked overdone before they auto tinted it.

*ragequit*
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I only follow people I really know or people who I admire (those from blogs, youtube, and online). Having a realistic perception of health is important :smile:
  • BackInAFlash
    BackInAFlash Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I follow a lot of the fitness instagram profiles and I have to admit that I catch myself scrolling past the giant, fake boob accounts or the ones that post really skinny (to me, unhealthy looking) women.
    If anybody wants to follow me on IG, my name is RhiannonDVM2006
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Some of them really grind others maybe not so much!! I appreciate anyone that is grinding to find a better person within them. Oh I'm at @stat1124 if anyone wants to add me. I'll follow ya back!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Wait. You mean people aren't 100% honest on the interweb?? WHAT?!!

Great-Scott2.jpg
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    amazing-model-transformation-with-photoshop.gif
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I am cool with unrealistic expectations. That plus my personality tends to keep me single. Prolly best that way lol.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Nah, when I photoshop myself I look just as hot. :tongue:
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Nah the hottest girls Ive ever seen were in real life and not photoshoped. The hottest girls on earth don't even model or do movies. They are just epic socialites and marry millionaires. There are girls out there even more impossibly hot than what you see in magazines, and they look like that in reality.

In other words, its not an unachievable ideal, every individual has different genetics and you're insecure with the lot in life you were dealt so you try to mask the world away. Pretending those girls don't exist -demonizing them- makes you at peace with your self image of mediocrity and the mediocrity of the girls that are willing to date non-millionaires which is why you unfollower them on Instagram. You essentially don't want a reminder of your mediocrity in your stream. Call it what it is, don't warp it into something that its not. Don't blame them whatsoever.