Hair care and exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Swimming cap. If you cant use one for some reason, you can rinse your hair out with water and use conditioner only to keep hair from drying out. If your hair starts to get discolored from the pool, you can use a marine shampoo , or there are other shampoos to treat pool hair, or you can use ketchup for a cheap back in the old says method. The acidity in ketchup takes out the discolor caused by the pool

Thanks for the advice,

I may have to cave and get a cap, even though I have avoided it for years. Luckily my hair does not get discoloured from the chlorine. I will try just rinsing and conditioning.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Good post! I finally have a good hair routine that works with my 6 workouts/week routine. My hair is long and fine and tends to dry out, but my head gets SO sweaty when I work out.

I shampoo and condition every other day. On these days, I will usually dry and straighten and spray moroccan oil on my styled hair to keep it from drying out.

On the days when I do not wash, I still condition and rinse. I don't use moroccan oil on these days and if it looks alright down I will leave it down, but sometimes I will pull it back or do a half-up thing. It holds a curl better on "dirty" days so sometimes I curl it.

I always use a heat protector spray before blow drying and it seems to help.