Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ September '10 ~

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :flowerforyou: just checking in to say that I went to the advanced line dance class today---first line dance class since my two week vacation......then rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes while eating my shake for lunch...then met my friend and walked about five miles...also yoga this morning and two rounds of dog walking.....DH took the dogs to the dog park so i could get some paperwork done. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Good morning and happy Thursday! A very quick post b/c the work deadline is still looming and at this point we're not on schedule to complete it on time. Today I completed Turbo Jam - Fat Blaster.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to posts but I hope to get caught up very soon. Hope everyone is still bringing it
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good morning and happy Friday! Today I completed the Burn It Off dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I took a quick break at work in order to post but have to get back to it so I hope to catch up with everyone over the weekend.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    MacMadame - sorry about your watch. I loved scanning through your blog and I just love the title!

I just found another way being short makes it hard to exercise and loose weight - When the cable resistance machine is set at the top, I can't reach it and have to ask for help from one of the trainers. lol

Have a great Friday all,

JAM
  • barbiecat
    :sad: MacMadame, I'm so sorry about your sports watch......when I ran my cell phone/pedometer/workout tracker through the washing machine, I felt like a friend had died :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

:flowerforyou: big exercise day:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: yoga, "gut 'n' butt", line dance, exercise bike, dog park :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Garmin says they'll send me a new one for $99. I guess I can live with that.
  • jam0525
    Woohoo! My ticker has moved to 30 lbs!

In celebration I rode the stationary bike for an hour today.

DD's soccer game was a lot of fun. Her team won and it was wonderful watching her run. It's the first time she's played in a year and half. Her surgery was definitely worth all the money and aggregation to see her run, twist and turn so gracefully today.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Today I was feeling very fatigued. I really think this work deadline is slowly beating me down. I'm getting up at 5 am every morning to get the workout complete and head to work and then i'm working 12 hour days. Since my back continues to hurt and i was extremely tired I decided to take it easy. I walked 25 minutes around my subdivision.

Jam: Congrats on the 30 lbs lost. You're almost at your goal. Keep up the great work.
  • barbiecat
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Jeannie, congrats on the weight loss and congrats on the smart choice of a way to celebrate

:bigsmile: I had one of those days with a long drive followed by an all day meeting that included a bad lunch.....the calories wouldn't have been so bad if I had been able to exercise :cry:

:bigsmile: MacMadame, glad there's a solution in sight for your lost sports watch

:flowerforyou: Choco, I hope your back is better soon.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good afternoon all! Today is my rest day so once again I kept it light. I completed 2 miles of the Leslie Sansone Fat Burning Walk dvd. I held 3 lb weights in each hand and used my thigh toner to make it higher impact. In addition to completing my workout, I washed, conditioned and styled my hair, ironed my clothes for the week and did some work from the job. Now I'm going to chill out and enjoy the first week of football season.

Barbie: Thank for the continual support. It really makes this lifestyle change a lot easier.
  • jam0525
    Barbie - I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I hate long drives and meetings in the same day. It throws everything off.

Choco - Leslie Sansone with weights is a good workout. Can I guess which football time you like from where you live? I'm a Colts fan and we lost today. =(

I made a green meal for dinner. Everything was locally grown and/or processed. It cost a little more, but it sure did taste better. Hopefully, this will start being a weekly thing.

Time to log the last of my food for the day and see where I ended up.

Jeannie
  • MacMadame
    Had some great workouts this weekend. It's hard to tell for sure without the watch though. But I had other indicators that I'm getting faster.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Hey everyone its good to find this group Im 5'2 and 45+ pounds sure shows lol. Im hoping to be 120 by my birthday in may but my first big milestone is to get under 150 and stay under since i haven't made it under 152 since i had a cyst on my ovary burst and so began my weight gain in may of 2005. by 06 i weighed 152 and haven't gotten under since then. I currently weigh 169.0

well see you tomorrow its way past my bedtime : )
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member

I just found another way being short makes it hard to exercise and loose weight - When the cable resistance machine is set at the top, I can't reach it and have to ask for help from one of the trainers. lol

BUT....if he's a cute trainer, then being short is an advantage.....lol

Michele
  • barbiecat
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    The internet doesn’t reach all the way up to my room on the 4th floor so I’m down in the lobby posting this.

The line dance workshop is going great……At the last minute I was offered a ride by two women I didn’t know were coming to the workshop so I accepted. I got to drive the first hour in a brand new Lexus Hybrid.

We danced open dancing last night for two hours and I was amazed at how many of the dances I knew. Today we’ll start learning new dances.

I miss my hubby but I’ve talked to him, emailed and texted a bunch of times.

I did my yoga, had my breakfast and in a few minutes will walk the half mile to the workshop.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jam0525
    Michelle - thanks for the chuckle.

MacMadame - I'd be interested in knowing what exercises you think make you run faster. Both DD and DS need to pick up some speed for soccer.

55tolose - Welcome. Sorry to hear about your health issues. As far as weight goes it sounds like you and I started off in about the same place. It is a long journey, but you will feel so much better as the weight comes off.

We (hubby, both kids and I) might be joining the 20th century at Christmas when it comes to cell phones. We have really, really old ones that don't text or do anything fancy. We have an old plan too that is pretty cheap. But with two teenagers starting to go off with friends, we decided we need to get them better phones and texting. I don't know how my parents did it when I was growing up. The world was a different place back then.

Have a great Monday!

Jeannie
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    thanks jaennie.

Woke up today and weighed 166.8! yay I had smores saturday night which i think is why i was 169 yesterday but good to know it didn't stick : ) Have a good monday everyone.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame - I'd be interested in knowing what exercises you think make you run faster. Both DD and DS need to pick up some speed for soccer.
    Pretty much any strength training... well, it should be for the legs and the core. Having strong arms doesn't make you run faster. :laugh:

I do squats and lunges and jump rope a lot as they are kind of basic. I swing kettlebells as they work almost every muscle in the body.

I also run intervals. There are lots of interval workouts on the web. Here's an example of one that I do called Death by 10 meters:

Place two cones 10 meters apart.

Start at one cone and at the top of the minute run 10 meters. Wait until 1 min. elapses from when you started to run.

When the minute is up, run 20 meters. Rest until the rest of the minute elapses

Then repeat adding 10 meters each time until you are running the entire minute.

At first you are running kind of easy because you can walk 10 meters in 10 seconds, let alone a full 60. But towards the end you are sprinting because you are trying to get 150 meters or more. Going faster and faster with less and less rest is what trains your body to go fast.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good evening ladies! I have just finished working (had to bring work home) and am exhausted but have to get up at 5 am in order to get tomorrow's workout in. Today is week 1 day 2 of the Push Circuit of the Chalean Extreme program. Since today is considered a rest day in the program I decided to do a little cardio instead. I completed Turbo Jam Fat Blaster.

I apologize for my lack of activity on the thread lately but this work assignment is really exhausting. Can't wait til the days when my unit and I are working from home again.
This discussion has been closed.