Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ September '10 ~

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    MacMadame - thanks for the insight on speed training. You confirmed what I had thought. We will have to try Death by 10 meters on the weekends. Jeannie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    If there are two of them, you can make a contest to see who gets the most meters. That should motivate them!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :flowerforyou: I'm still loving the line dance workshop.....I've learned ( sort of) lots of new dances, and danced old favorites at the open dance sessions, done my yoga every morning, and a little bit of upper body strength stuff in the hotel fitness center.
    :heart: :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Good morning and happy Thursday! There's just one more work day til the weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also happy to report that the first part of our work assignment has been completed and completed ON TIME. We are now on the last part of the assignment and have 2 weeks in which to get it done. Today is week 1 day 4 of the Chalean Extreme program which means it's a cardio day. I was suppose to complete Burn Intervals but b/c I needed to get to work super early I threw in Burn It Off instead. It was a great workout.

I apologize that I've not been as active as usual but the work duties are calling. I hope to get caught up with everyone real soon.
  • jam0525
    Hello everyone,

For the first time in a long time I did not exercise at all yesterday. Life got in the way. I missed my son's soccer game as I went to the wrong high school. By the time I found out where it was, it was too late to get there. Some of you know that my DS is adopted. He freaked when I didn't get there and thought he had been abandoned again. His birth mother left him in a phone booth on the side of I-40 interstate in Oklahoma when he was 2 and before that he had been locked in dark closets when he cried too much. He has PTSD and I accidentally triggered it last night. I feel awful. The two schools had similar names, but are on the opposite sides of Albuquerque.

If the kids had cell phones, I could of called him. So I guess every teenager should have a cell phone just as my kids keep telling me. They swear they are the only ones without one. I am surprised no one on the team let him borrow theirs to call me.

Jeannie
  • MacMadame
    Hey, we did Death by 10 Meters at my Crossfit workout yesterday! Except instead of running, we did kariokis which are kind of like doing the grapevine a folk dance. Mine are slow so I only got in 12 before I ran out of time. (I can do 16 - 160 meters if it's just straight running.)

My coach says that upper body strength workouts can also help with running speed because you do use your arms when you run though.
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: the line dance workshop is over and we danced only from 9 to noon today......my friends and I had lunch at a Korean restaurant (yummy and spicy) and I walked for 20 minutes on the ferry......I am glad to be home again.
    :heart:
  • jam0525
    After a busy hot day yesterday, the relay to the water tank went out and we have no water. Hubby is running around town trying to find the plastic part that broke in less than 18 months. By the time we realized what was going on, half of the water we bought this week was all over the front yard. As soon as the Y opens we will be there to take showers and do some swimming. Between what happened Tuesday and what is going on with the water tank it has been a very stressful week.

I am not sure how I've managed to stay under calories and not stress eat, but I have and I am grateful for that much.

Sorry to be so down. On the bright side, we will be going to the Y and exercising today. lol

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Welcome home Barbie.
    Mac - Thanks for the continued speed training ideas.

Jeannie

Jeannie
  • I'm 5'3, I'd like to Join I need all the motivation I can get since I tend to slack so much
    Re: In my area we don't have a lot of stores but the stores we do have mostly have smaller sizes (0, 1, 8, 10, and sometimes 12)
    So it's hard to find clothes that fit
    I hope that once I reach my goal I will be able to find cuter clothes
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good evening everyone! I have been MIA this weekend b/c I was so busy but I wanted everyone to know that I was still able to complete a workout both days. Saturday I completed the Burn It Off workout from the Chalean Extreme program. Since Sunday's are my designated rest day I kept it light w/30 minutes of Yoga and 30 minutes of stretching. Although I didn't actually put in the dvds I used the moves from the P90X stretching and Chalean Extreme Recharge dvds. It felt so good to do all the stretching.
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: it's been a fairly restful weekend with yoga, yard work, and riding the exercise bike as the center of my exercise program....I did take the dogs for a walk but not at the dog park...they love getting out

:flowerforyou: Choco, it's great to hear that you added some yoga to your workouts....I did yoga every morning during the line dance workshop week and I think it helped my back and legs be prepared for all the dancing and walking that I did.

:flowerforyou: purplespeckle, welcome.....this is a small group but we're all motivated to stay active every day.....i hope we can encourage you to do the same....take it one day at a time and you'll be wearing those cute clothes sooner than you think.

:flowerforyou: JAM, I hope you got your water problem solved......maybe all your faithful exercising has helped you respond better to stress....you seem to have a great attitude about the bumps in your road.

:flowerforyou: it looks like the rainy season is starting early here this year, so I'm going to have to start thinking about exercising indoors.
    :bigsmile: :heart: :drinker:
  • Hi everyone!!!! So I am so thrilled to have found a support group for us "shorties"!!! I just joined and realized that you can actually join support groups!!! This is fabulous!! I am 5'3 and and i have 50lbs to lose!!!! I need new friends on here to help me get to my goal weight!!! I am doing this for myself and my 2 sons!!! I want to live a long and healthy life!!! I am excited to meet you all!!!!
  • MacMadame
    Hey, I'm 53 too.
  • jam0525
    Purplespeckle & Hotmama14 – Welcome! I use to be 5'3".

Choco – Gratz on getting in exercise when you're busy! That is usually the first thing that we let go off. You are motivating to all of us.

Barbie – Water problems are still plaguing us. The part will take a few days to get here. It is hard to imagine how we take such things as running water for granted, but we do. We really do need to appreciate all that we have under normal living circumstances in our modern world.

I went to an orthopedic today on my shoulders. It is good news/bad news depending on how you look at it. It is not work related. I have not re-torn my rotators cuffs. But I have arthritis in both shoulders and in my breast bone. The doctor gave me one upper body exercise I have to do 3 times a week, but I got an OK to do what ever upper body exercises or sports I want to. I got cortisone shots in both shoulders and have to go back in four months. I'm going to have to buy some weights. I need to get up to 10 lbs. I have 1 and 2 pound weights at home to start with.

I do feel better now knowing what is going on.

Have a great day everyone!

Jeannie
  • Hey guys! I fell off for a while, but I am trying to get back at it!! Good to see a lot of the same faces (and some new ones) on the thread! :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good morning everyone! Please know I am with the group in spirit and committment but this work deadline is beating me down. I'm on the computer so much with work that I don't even want to look at one once I'm through for the day. I usually try to log on first thing in the morning to at least document my exercise but don't usually have enough time to read the thread. Please charge my absence to my body/job responsibilities and not my heart. I soooooo can't wait to have a few weeks of working from home.

Anyway, yesterday I completed the Fat Blaster dvd from the Turbo Jam program and today I completed the Burn It Off dvd.
  • jam0525
    Hey guys! I fell off for a while, but I am trying to get back at it!! Good to see a lot of the same faces (and some new ones) on the thread! :happy:

JZ - Welcome back! Good to hear from you again.

Jeannie (JAM)
  • barbiecat
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: jzbaby, welcome back.......we're here to cheer you on and we need your support to keep us going

:flowerforyou: along with my regular workouts, I'm adding more work in the yard....I'm being less fussy about having to have the perfect weather to work and I'm going out for 30 minutes at a time instead of waiting for a whole perfect afternoon to work....I've been doing this for a week and want to continue through the fall and winter
    :love: :love: :love:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good morning everyone! A quick post before I become totally engulfed in social work. Today I completed the Burn Intervals dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.

I really hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait til I'm more active on the thread.
  • jam0525
    Today I hope to make it by the Y on my way to pick kids up and do 20 minutes on the elliptical. That is all I will have time for if that. But I will stop and do something just to start building the habit again.

Have a great day everyone,

Jeannie
This discussion has been closed.