My 600 lbs life

Commander_Keen
Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
Does anybody watch this show..
OMG.. I was watching it, last night, I really got pissed off..
Silly husband, should have fed his wife rabbit food and let her starve.

How does anybody gain 5lbs after surgery.

She was insane...

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    I've never watched the show but I've seen the previews. What I never really understood, like always perplexed me was the caretakers. Like, stop giving them so much food and only give them certain types of food. I mean, they a ****ing bedridden. What are they going to do? Waddle to the kitchen to make their own milkshake? Peeps can't even walk. The only reason that people can even possibly be this fat is someone feeding them like the livestock they are.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Where or what station is this on? I have seen some YouTube videos with some heavy people, is this the one you are talking abou?
  • Commander_Keen
    Last night was about a person named Penny
    and she was extreamly Alapha, and the husband was extreamly beta, or a doormat. and I am thinging the exact same thing as you. Give her the food and before she even start to yell, is to leave the house.
  • Commander_Keen
    ITs on the The Learning Channel.
    A new one are on Tuesday, at 8pm Central time..
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Her pity party about made me sick. Her son I feel is the victim here, very sad.
  • I've never watched the show but I've seen the previews. What I never really understood, like always perplexed me was the caretakers. Like, stop giving them so much food and only give them certain types of food. I mean, they a ****ing bedridden. What are they going to do? Waddle to the kitchen to make their own milkshake? Peeps can't even walk. The only reason that people can even possibly be this fat is someone feeding them like the livestock they are.

I completely agree with you! Someone has to be bringing them this food and they are just giving them what they want instead of what they need!!
  • My mom and I have been watching this show and it's shocking! And Penny last night after having the surgery didn't change a thing and gained weight! It's sooo sad! She obviously can't make the change in her mind!
  • Commander_Keen
    I believe Penny is with the attitude of " I am always right", and I am never wrong...
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    The Learning Channel.. making you stupider every minute you watch.
  • Commander_Keen

why?
  • samdroid
    samdroid Posts: 7 Member
    There's an episode on Netflix that I've seen before, but the person it revolved around was strict on her diet and exercise routine. She went from being house bound to living on her own and consoling other people going through gastric bypass.

The "Penny" episode however, sounds pretty enraging.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member

why?

Is that a real question? Oh I see TLC has already had an effect on you.

seriously though, look at their programming.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Does anybody watch this show..
    OMG.. I was watching it, last night, I really got pissed off..
    Silly husband, should have fed his wife rabbit food and let her starve.

How does anybody gain 5lbs after surgery.

She was insane...

UGH YES!!! I wanted to throw something at the TV. She acts like she's a freaking victim that she's trying so hard etc etc etc and then she eats freaking fried wontons? Are you kidding me? The husband was equally as clueless but at some point you have to learn basics, like deep frying is not healthy. cake isn't healthy.

She complained about not being given any direction when discharged. Are you kidding? I've NEVER heard a grown woman complain and victimize herself so much in my life. Her son is going to be paying for her actions the rest of his life. I was particularly outraged when she said that "all moms miss out on their child's activities." yeah, most moms aren't able to be at every event for their child. but you can bet your butt that if I miss an event it's not because I can't get out of my bed because I'm too busy eating fried wontons and cake and 8 pieces of ham and a pound of mashed potatoes.

Not only does the husband enable her, but they are also on disability as he is her full time caretaker neither of them can work. Umm.... I am not always one to scream "who's paying for this?" but in this case i am as this is entirely preventable. The woman doesn't want help and is a drain on the people who even tried to help her.

My husband usually does the grocery shopping and while I'm perfectly capable of shopping or getting my own junk food he doesn't even buy ice cream because he knows I'll eat that crap right up for breakfast lunch and dinner. Not having it in the house makes me have to go out and get it as an honest to God treat and not something to indulge in for 500 calories a night, every night.

I can't even verbalize how mad I am...

in any case the woman on the first episode is incredible. Absolutely incredible. She lost and maintained her loss and now helps other people considering the surgery. She knows the surgery wasn't the answer but used it as a tool in her arsenal to lead a healthy life.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member

why?

This thread isn't about TLC and whether or not you like it.... but thanks for your opinions anyways
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    I stopped watching after the episode with the Chubby-Chasing husband. He didn't want her to lose the weight.

As soon as she was discharged from the hospital, on the ride home, he stopped at the drive-thru. Asked her what she wanted, she declined. Then he asked her to hold his french fries so he could eat and drive.

I stopped watching, that made me sick.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Agreed...it used to be a lot better. Now it's all "reality" shows...
  • asimmons221

why?

This thread isn't about TLC and whether or not you like it.... but thanks for your opinions anyways

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you get to dictate where the discussion of an open forum goes.
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    That one last night was one of the few I've seen, and it had me so irritated. Denial denial denial
  • asimmons221
    Agreed...it used to be a lot better. Now it's all "reality" shows...

Whoa whoa whoa, I've been informed we can't talk about this. Switching topics is apparently not allowed.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    I've never watched the show but I've seen the previews. What I never really understood, like always perplexed me was the caretakers. Like, stop giving them so much food and only give them certain types of food. I mean, they a ****ing bedridden. What are they going to do? Waddle to the kitchen to make their own milkshake? Peeps can't even walk. The only reason that people can even possibly be this fat is someone feeding them like the livestock they are.

Some of the caretakers can be just as sick. There are even some ppl who have "feeder" fetishes. There's even a website called "Fantasy Feeder" and I'm sure many more like it. It's a sickness...