Struggling to get enough cals without eating junk

Options
13»

Replies

• ChaoticUT
    Options
    Eat until you are full, THEN have your shake.
  • XxZachAttackxX
    Options
    Before noon yesterday i already consumed over 2500 calories in the morning it isnt that hard what i did i had 4 medium sized eggs in the morning with 3 brown sugar sausages and 1 packet of oat meal and a glass of whole milk .. Then worked out and i had 1 Gatorade while working out then had 2 scoops of my protein powder not listing the brand because i dont wanna promote them and i dont like it any ways but used milk to mix it up in and a few hours later had 2 little frozen philly cheese steak things that were gross and i had about 1 cup of frozen yogurt after all of that equaled to 2586 calories 144 grams of protein 105 grams of fat 157 grams of sugar and 264 grams of carbs you could do some thing similar and those frozen philly cheese steak things next time i wont bother buying i tried them i dont like them wont be buying it again but i didnt feel over stuffed and with every meal i had 1 glass of whole milk and if you are just trying to add calories just take a shot of olive oil if itll help you get your macros hope this helps
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Before noon yesterday i already consumed over 2500 calories in the morning it isnt that hard what i did i had 4 medium sized eggs in the morning with 3 brown sugar sausages and 1 packet of oat meal and a glass of whole milk .. Then worked out and i had 1 Gatorade while working out then had 2 scoops of my protein powder not listing the brand because i dont wanna promote them and i dont like it any ways but used milk to mix it up in and a few hours later had 2 little frozen philly cheese steak things that were gross and i had about 1 cup of frozen yogurt after all of that equaled to 2586 calories 144 grams of protein 105 grams of fat 157 grams of sugar and 264 grams of carbs you could do some thing similar and those frozen philly cheese steak things next time i wont bother buying i tried them i dont like them wont be buying it again but i didnt feel over stuffed and with every meal i had 1 glass of whole milk and if you are just trying to add calories just take a shot of olive oil if itll help you get your macros hope this helps

WOW are you sure your calories are set right? U roughly eat about as much as I do on my weight loss diet including my exercise cals. and I am 6'0 228lbs was 235lb.. But also your answer may help op though.

EDIT: LOL nvm I thought you were that girl on the picture hahah opps :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem, I added fine ground Scottish oats to my protein shakes and it adds about 350 calories per 100g, throw in some peanut butter and it really starts to add up,
    I also created some homemade protein bars, stuffed with nuts and seeds, honey and Peanut butter, they don't fill you up but get a good calorie hit.
    Good luck

Oats in a shake? No thx jeff. That cant taste good, all liquid then just oats sitting at the bottom

OP - this is probably why you are not getting enough calories in ...you sound kinda picky...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in...for olive oil shots....

anyone in for olive oil body shots???
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    Almond or peanut butter, olive oil when you cook, full fat dairy, salmon. A bowl of ice cream. How about some dark chocolate?

all of this ^^

...oh and BACON, cant forget that!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem, I added fine ground Scottish oats to my protein shakes and it adds about 350 calories per 100g, throw in some peanut butter and it really starts to add up,
    I also created some homemade protein bars, stuffed with nuts and seeds, honey and Peanut butter, they don't fill you up but get a good calorie hit.
    Good luck

Oats in a shake? No thx jeff. That cant taste good, all liquid then just oats sitting at the bottom

don't knock it until you try it!! Use a blender!! I put oats in shakes often! it makes them thicker and really good. I've also done overnight oats.. and thrown them int eh blender with protein powder and milk or water for a shake. I'm a rebel. lol

and why is 150g of protein enough? I eat half as much as your goals and my protein goals is higher then that.. And I feel awesome when i hit it :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes with vodka added for extra calories.

ohhh... you're my new best friend!!!:love::heart:
    omg.. i have tequila, rum and kahula at my bar too and am always looking for mixers besides juice (don't drink it) or soda (don't' like it) .. I see many experiments in my future! :drinker: :drinker: ::glasses: :smokin: :bigsmile:
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just reading it seems you haven't build your metabolism yet to consume all those calories required. My suggestion is to slowly increase calories by 200-300 every two weeks. Focus more on gaining strength in the weight room with the idea of progressing on your lifts every week, appetite will come next I promise you, If you can consume only 2500 calories for now thats fine, train hard and your metabolic capacity will increase overtime and appetite comes with it. GOOD LUCK
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Wendy's triple and a large chocolate frosty
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

meh- 2500 isn't that much- I'm shooting for 2200 and I"m girl.

I typically eat 2700 a day.

milk- and more milk.

I can't believe no one said GOMAD (I tired reading a lot- but so much ice cream/peanut butter comments had me skimming)

My go to foods are pizza- and ice cream and milk.

get a bigger spoon- and start drinking more calories.
  • lalithakasal
    lalithakasal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing! Need to gain, and I'm a super healthy eater... :/