What can I eat to feel full that's not fattening?

Options
12346»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    TBSP of Jif, and pour honey counting to three straight down the throat......yum yum......
  • Travelbug1955
    Travelbug1955 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake or eat a Zone protien bar.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have not read all the posts. Fat isn't bad but a person still needs to pay attention to their calorie goals, which can be hard to do and still feel like you get enough food so I get the OP's question. I've been paying attention because this is a huge deal to me. I think I have a bigger than usual appetite maybe because I look at some diaries and wonder how anyone fills up on such small quantities of food.

I feel the fullest and do the best calorie-wise when I have this for my lunches - baked chicken or tuna (good sized portion), bell peppers which I have all the time I love them, carrots, some kind of fruit,- and a giant spinach salad. Spinach is a surprise to me - keeps me full and you can eat an astonishing amount of it. If i have calories available I add pumpkin seeds or cheese to it. Kind of weird but I'm a weird eater :P I'm stuffed after I eat that and it isn't a huge calorie load.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Carrots and swede mash 500g = 150 calories !!
  • juliecnw
    juliecnw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Get the "low fat" out of your head. Fats aren't bad. Now if you have a legit reason for wanting low fat, than disregard what I just said.

As for low cal that will keep you full...I would look for high protein items. Protein tends to keep me full longer. Whether it's low call or not depends on the person. My fav is peanut butter on bananas.
    Hornsby is right, get the"low fat" out of your head. My husband is a diabetic and the first thing the nutritionist said to watch out for is "low fat". Many times low fat versions of food have way more sugar than the full fat items, it's crazy. So unless you have a reason to go low fat try the regular versions and watch your calories. The fat will help you feel full. You can also mix high fat foods with higher fiber foods; peanut butter with apples, cottage cheese with fruit, mashed & seasoned avocado with veggie sticks.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have been eating more meat here lately and it seems to fill me up, also all the high protein stuff, peanut butter, cheese, cottage cheese, beans.
  • ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Meal replacement shakes (not protein shakes...there's a difference) are good because they curb your hunger for 2-3 hours, which is highly recommended for the time between meals. Two meal replacement shakes and two protein snacks if you want to lose weight, or one meal replacement shake and two protein snacks if you want to maintain your weight and lose body fat.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    1 cup Kroger carbmaster skim milk, small honeycrisp apple and a cheese stick. 186 calories , 18 g of protein and plenty of fat and fiber. The more you do this you will realize that it is less about the calories of the food than the combination of quality food. Sure you could have two 100 cal baked chip packs, but they are refined carbs and you will be starving in 20 mins. Refined carbs dump out of your stomach really fast. The same calories in high protein, high fiber, moderate fat will fill you and feed you slowly for the next 3 hours.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I nuke a full bag of green beans, add salt and 1 Tbsp of parmesan cheese and eat the whole thing for less than 150 calories.

Oooh I like this. This will make a good movie snack.
  • imawatermelon
    Options
    Fruit and veggies!! That's what I eat when I'm hungry. They are very low in fat,( most have no fat at all )and low in calories. A medium sized apple has 80-100 calories and no fat and it's pretty filling. You can make smoothies or fruit salads. Lettuce has 10 calories per cup and a whole bell pepper has 40. 2 cups of salad consisting of lettuce and some other veggies with some low fat dressing or maybe some low fat cheese with a piece of fruit and a low fat yogurt would be a perfect meal. Hope I helped!