Serious about completing C25K Who's in?

Options
So, I started C25K last year around March. I did very well with it. Lost several pounds and inches. I also felt in the best shape of my life! I didn't finish it. This year I want to do it, finish it, and run in a 5k this St. Patrick's Day in Baltimore. I'm looking for some folks who would like to to do it with me. It's going to take a lot of motivation. I want others to hold me accountable, and I will do the same. Anyone care to join me? If I get enough responses, we can make a group out of it. Let's do this!!!!

Replies

• Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    I just started last week. Today is week 2 day 2 for me.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great! Ok. So add me. I would love to go through this journey with you. I'm not too far behind you :)
  • training2bme
    Options
    I'll be starting tomorrow. I know it's preferable to start at the beginning of the week but I'll get caught up. I am a former marathon runner who took a break from running due to an injury and trying to build back up. Feel free to add me.
  • Honnuh
    Honnuh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, I'll be starting the treadmill version of this tomorrow at the gym. Pretty excited if I'm honest, heard so much good feedback about it!
  • Vorcha
    Vorcha Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm in! Week 1 for me, second workout! Add me.
  • ICarla
    Options
    Cool!! Let's work together. I could sure use the motivation :)
  • ICarla
    Options
    I'm going to post my starting stats on Saturday. That way I'll have something to compare it to.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll be doing Week 2 Day 3. I tried to do this last year, and gave up on Week 3. Then I got discouraged because it was too hard for me. This time, if I can't complete the workout, I'll just repeat Week 2 until I have the stamina.

I'd love to add some of you who are doing C25K! Send me a friend request.
  • bijoux79
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 for me. Still worried that I am too fat to run but am gonna give it a bloody good go
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It is Week 3 day 2 for me today, but I am already feeling the difference! Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    OK, I've had the C25K app downloaded for forever now. I started it once before and didn't make it past the 1st week. Idon't honestly think it starts with something that is possible for someone who has never run before. I want to give it a shot to switch things up with my workout. So, here is my question: should I start with the 'timed' or 'distance'??
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I did Day 1 last Saturday, but then nothing since. I need some accountability!
  • GetFitForAJ
    GetFitForAJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am in Week1 day 2 right now. please add me
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to run. Had some health issues, gained weight, had surgery and need to get moving. I am on week 2 day 2. Must remember to love the burn!

For anyne not anle to complete week one day one, i say walk every other run or run half of it. Then repeat week one upping it until you can do it.

I forsee repeating weeks, and that is OKAY!
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do the timed version on the treadmill and use speeds that are a brisk walk (about 3.5mph for me) and I use 4.5 for my jogging speed. One thing I read that really helped was that you should focus on getting through the program first and then worry about increasing the speed at which you run (also the distance you are running in that amount of time). I think that if you are having a tough time with the pace, why not slow it down?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm not doing c25K but i'm doing the zombies run 5K app which is pretty much the same thing. i'll be finishing up week 2 this week and would love to have people doing similar things on my friends list
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love the group support!! I'm at Week 1 Day 2 :) Add me please!!
  • ICarla
    Options
    Im going to create a group for us tomorrow. Keep in mind I will harass you guys. And please harass me too!! We can do this!
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about C25K. I couldn't run a minute but now I'm into week 9 of the C210K.