Serious about completing C25K Who's in?

Options

Replies

• wherethereis
    wherethereis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting once all the ice is melted around my neighborhood! Don't need an injury slowing me down!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's definitely addictive. Just give yourself plenty of rest days and enjoy. There's no greater feeling than finishing the last workout.
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded Zombies, Run! I want to start it Monday, Tuesday at the latest. So far I've been using the elliptical 3-4 times/week and walking for around an hour on weekdays so I'm hoping it wont kick my butt -too- hard to start. ;)
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 7. Celebrating with wine.
  • Katrina090
    Katrina090 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 run 3.... Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • CookingMamaAUS
    CookingMamaAUS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did it! I did the whole 20min interval today and finished week 5. I am so proud today.
  • bclegg
    bclegg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too tried last year, but didn't complete it. I got really sick, had to take a break and never got back to it. I'm definitely in - and can use the support of group motivation!
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    I'm in! I'm signing up to run glow in the park in May!! Won't be happy with anything but running the whole thing whoot whoot!
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started C25k in mid-November of last year. I've had to re-run a few days, and skipped a bunch of runs over New Year (thanks, ice storm!) but I just ran Week 7 Day 1 this morning and feel remarkably good! I hope to finish Week 8 in 3 weeks, max, and then I'll move on to prepping for my 10k in May.

The important thing isn't running fast, but just getting out there and doing it a little bit at a time. The first month or so, running 3x a week, I wanted to die. I got the famous runner's trots (TMI, I know, but they're a real thing and no one talks about them!) although thankfully it only took about a month for my body to get used to regular running and then they stopped. But I kept at it and now - against all odds - I actually enjoy running and look forward to it!
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have had c210k downloaded for months, but always make excuses not to start. My current excuse is that it's icy outside because it keeps melting during the day and freezing at night. How do you guys manage to run when it's icy out?
    I've seen people around town running when it's icy and I just don't understand how they can stay on their feet when I'm close to falling every five minutes while walking.
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    I plan to get started next week (probably Monday, depending on the weather). I'm trying to figure out whether I should bring my dog or go it alone. We walk 5K pretty often, although he likes to stop and sniff. But he adores running, so I know he'd love to do the fast parts without stopping. I'm lucky that it's cold here, but we never get ice and it's supposed to start warming up some next week.
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm completing week 1 today. I'm loving it so far! Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • tyler1892
    tyler1892 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start week 4 on Monday to help me train for a 40km hike over rough terrain in April as I can plod on but my lack of running really tells on the hills. If anyone wants to share their experiences add me
  • karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The Shamrock 5K in Baltimore is a great FIRST 5K, I did it as my first a few years back and it's nice and flat. Good luck!!

I ran for a while, then had a herniated disc and had to have surgery. I've been trying to get back into it for a couple years now, but am having some of the same issues as the others on here. I start the C25K program and can't keep up with Week 1. Then I get discouraged and don't continue.

Please add me to your group! I'll start back up tomorrow. Even with all the snow in Baltimore, I have a treadmill and can use that inside!!!!!

Thanks!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I too have started this several times and never finished. This time I'm gonna do it! I just started walking for 30 mins 4 days this week and Monday will be my Week 1, Day 1. I could use some encouragement.... I think I will sign up for a 5K too. That will make me keep this goal in 12 weeks!
  • DeanR88
    DeanR88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Literally just completed week 1 day 1 and felt great! Like others i've had the app for ages but just kept making up excuses to put it off. This morning i just woke up and said 'i'm going to do this'.. now i can't wait for day 2!
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 4 today - You can do it! I really feel great about doing it, and you might be surprised that running isn't even as bad as you thought it would be! :) I know I was.
  • sfadler
    sfadler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 2 day 2 . Loving the program so much I actually want to do more than 3 days a week
  • Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Baltimore area as well and planning to start C25K on February 1st. (Hoping we see some more ice melt between now and then.) I'd love to join your group!!
  • Kiwi94544
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 4, Day 2 of C25k. Right now, Week 4 feels SO challenging.... I could barely get thru Week 4, Day 1 yesterday, but this morning's routine (Week 4, Day 2) was a little bit better. Still hard to finish, but a little less I-feel-like-I'm-going-to-die type of hard, lol. I feel like this week has so much more running than in week's past, and it's not evenly balanced with the walking either, so I think that adds to the challenge. Before, if I was running 3 minutes, I knew I'd get to walk for 3 after. THIS week, it's a lot more running and much less walking, so not as long of a "break" between running sets. Definitely harder - but I'm determined to get thru it.

I will say though, I can see that C25k works. I don't do it 3 days a week though - I do it between 4-5 days a week. I just repeat days within the week, for the week I'm on. So I'll do Week 3, but do 4-5 days of Week 3 vs. Just 3 days. For me, I feel that I need to. I'm not a good runner and I feel if I only did it Mon, Wed & Fri, I'd lose my groove over the weekend and would find it hard to progress to the next Week. So I do my C25K stuff almost daily, just because I feel like I need it.

Even though after 5 minutes running I feel so worn-down... I think back to Week 1, Day 1, when I was only having to run 1-2 minutes at a time, with lots of walking in between.... I remember even back then, finding Week 1 tough at the time.... Of course, weeks later, that would seem easy.

During the running when I think I just can't go anymore, I think back to those early weeks, when I felt the SAME way, and it gives me a bit of reassurance that despite how HARD it feels at this moment, in 2-3 weeks what I'm doing TODAY will seem so EASY later on.

The hardest part of C25k is just sticking with it. Cause once you stop, you start over.
    That's probably a BIG reason I ain't stopping - I feel like I'd "lose" all the progress I've made over the past month. And I don't wanna lose that momentum.