Serious about completing C25K Who's in?

Options

Replies

• tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 3 tomorrow. Signed up for a mud run with my brothers and sister in June and I cannot let them down !!! :flowerforyou:
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    OK, I've had the C25K app downloaded for forever now. I started it once before and didn't make it past the 1st week. Idon't honestly think it starts with something that is possible for someone who has never run before. I want to give it a shot to switch things up with my workout. So, here is my question: should I start with the 'timed' or 'distance'??

Start with time. The distance will come!
  • CookingMamaAUS
    CookingMamaAUS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been doing timed intervals using the Podrunner Intervals podcasts (it has a C25K version). Doing a mixture of outdoor runs and indoor on the treadmill. I've started before, but this time I've been consistent with the 3x a week and I'm up to Week 5 day 3 tomorrow. Not sure I'll be able to do the 20 minutes, but I'll be happy if I can run more than 10 minutes. Podrunner is fantastic - the music is very motivating and set to a good bpm to help you pace yourself, even if you are walking.

I've also started doing the weekly parkrun - it's also proven to be a great goal and motivation to keep training during the week!

http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html - or find them on iTunes.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    OK, I've had the C25K app downloaded for forever now. I started it once before and didn't make it past the 1st week. Idon't honestly think it starts with something that is possible for someone who has never run before. I want to give it a shot to switch things up with my workout. So, here is my question: should I start with the 'timed' or 'distance'??

Agreed. And if you are unable to achieve the running parts then SLOW DOWN, it isn't a race and at the start you just want to focus on being able to run for those times, it doesn't matter how slowly you are going. Some good advice I read on here was if you think you could possibly run slower while you're starting C25K then you are going too fast.
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have started C25K a few times over never being able to finish with it -- not due to it being hard necessarily, but due to lack of discipline and I never have been able to go all the way through. I have only gotten up to week 4 day 1.

I can still do week 2 easily, and week 3 isn't too hard, but I need to go through and finish the whole thing!

Ill try my best to keep with it -- but it wouldn't hurt if I had some people keeping my @$$ in line and keeping me motivated to do it! :bigsmile:
  • training2bme
    Options

Agreed. And if you are unable to achieve the running parts then SLOW DOWN, it isn't a race and at the start you just want to focus on being able to run for those times, it doesn't matter how slowly you are going. Some good advice I read on here was if you think you could possibly run slower while you're starting C25K then you are going too fast.

Couldn't agree more. When I first started, my average pace was slightly faster than a crawl. Don't worry about speed/pace right now. Worry about finishing and finishing injury-free. If you continue past the 5K distance there are special training runs you can do once a week that will increase your speed, thus increasing the distance you travel.
  • training2bme
    Options
    On a related note, feel free to add me. I accept all requests. We need all the support, motivation and accountability we can get for this.
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just finished week4 day 3 this morning. I have tried it once before and got through the end of week 5 and then got sick. My kids both have colds at the moment and I'm dreading catching it because I'm afraid it will throw me off again. Any ideas of how to stay on track when sick? I have asthma and when I get a cold breathing is next to impossible while running so I usually take a break to recover and then have to start all over building up the endurance again.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started today. Determined to make it through the program (I´ve started once before but never made it past week 3). Would love to follow others going through the program at the same time.
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    I'm big on walking for exercise and am kicking C25K around as a way to kick things up a notch. Would love any like-minded friends. This thread looks like it would be great motivation to finally put the idea into action.
  • krazykando
    Options
    Just finished Week 2 Day 3 yesterday. This is my first time doing C25K. I am determined to become a runner!
  • PaulaS1220
    PaulaS1220 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K program starting last Sept and ran my first 5K in December. It's an excellent program. Stick with it, have fun and you'll see results! I couldn't run for more than a minute when I started, and the first time I ran for a whole mile, I felt like I could take on the world. Go get it!
  • emmapetitfrere
    Options
    I started this week as well! I may re-do week 1 though :-) I'll add you, and anybody else feel free to add me :-)
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 3 day 2, for the first time, I really feel like I can do this!

Feel free to add me, I would love love love to have people who are going through this with me :) (just tell me in the request, so I know who you are)
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Would love to join a group to help with motivation. I've started several times and almost completed but then something seems to come up and I'm back to square 1. I'm all for friending anyone that wants to compare notes daily on our progress.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I created the group everyone. It's called C25K Kick @$$ group. I'm going to send everyone requests. Let's do this!!!
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just want to say some encouraging words to all that are starting out.

Keep at it, my spouse did Week 4 for over 2 months and is just now ready to move on to Week 5.

But he kept at it and will succeed.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 day 3 :)

Loving it!

Anyone else who is doing C25K feel free to add me :)
  • smudgekat
    Options
    Just started week two, first time running, need accountability friends!
  • jordanleighlinville
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow!