Want to lose 60 lbs in 3-5 months

Options
124»

Replies

• timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi there;

feel free to add me. Former Army here as well (hooah!)

Current reservist in Florida. I've lost about 20lbs so far. Trying to lose about 25 more.

I'm much healthier and leaner now than I ever was on active duty, however I don't have any injuries, so I've worked out much, much more than I ever did when I was being forced to do organized PT.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It may be possible, but such an extreme diet requires medical supervision. You also have to condition yourself not to return to old eating habits once your regime ends. Once you see some success you may be willing to extend your time frame.
  • MarlaVSings
    MarlaVSings Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm with most of the others here. It may be possible given you are a guy and young, but it's really hard and may not be sustainable in the long run. You may end up gaining the weight you worked so hard to lose in the first place.

Anyways, I also wanted to add that maybe if you plan on lifting and toning up you may not have to lose as much weight in 3-5 months as you think. Sometimes people look like they have lost much more than they actually have due to weight training and toning up.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi there;

feel free to add me. Former Army here as well (hooah!)

Current reservist in Florida. I've lost about 20lbs so far. Trying to lose about 25 more.

I'm much healthier and leaner now than I ever was on active duty, however I don't have any injuries, so I've worked out much, much more than I ever did when I was being forced to do organized PT.

I am also much healthier and fitter than I ever was while in the military. If I get any kind of injury now I rest it and exercise some other part of the body. It also helps not being made to run in boots and full kit with 55lbs on my back.
  • AMC1439
    AMC1439 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you. I would love to lose 30-40 before mothers day.When I first started MFP I lost 70 pounds in 9 months. That was 5 years ago. 30 of those pounds creep back. It seems the older I get the harder it is to lose weight. Lots of working out. Again good luck :)
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Day 07: Curious how the OP is doing!
  • ClutchCity1434
    Options
    6 pounds down 54 to go!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    6 pounds down 54 to go!

Congrats! Hopefully things keep going well for you!
  • TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was in deployment shape before the 60 lbs.....i do appreciate everyones help but is 2 pounds per week really the maximum healthy limit? Is 3 a week outta the question

Hell no, it's not the max.

Three pounds a week ain't nothing, and it's not going to do you any harm, especially in the short term.

Go kick some *kitten*, man.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I was in deployment shape before the 60 lbs.....i do appreciate everyones help but is 2 pounds per week really the maximum healthy limit? Is 3 a week outta the question

Hell no, it's not the max.

Three pounds a week ain't nothing, and it's not going to do you any harm, especially in the short term.

Go kick some *kitten*, man.

Well done on the first 6 pounds lost.

Doing a quick calculation I have lost an average of 2.6 pounds per week. Some weeks have been 5lbs and some weeks only 1lb with no perceivable change in diet or exercise regime. So yes it is achievable with a lot of hard work and discipline.