Replies

• FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    41 - 14lb (ish) to lose - feel free to add me :smiley:
  • azsunnie
    azsunnie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and need to lose 30-35 lbs new to the app and looking for support and motivation...
  • aconway222
    Options
    42 & would love to be part of this group! Just started on MFP.
  • celticlass69
    celticlass69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52. I'm finding this a great app. But I'm finding this new "lifestyle" take work, dedication and discipline. Would love to be your friend.
  • Rosiebird6
    Options
    I've just turned 46 ,very new at this so need all the help I can get , would love to share my journey ,need to lose half my body weight so its not going to be quick ,I'm in the UK please add me X
  • Julia_K30
    Options
    I'm 42 and lost 28lbs. I reversed Prediabetes and feeling good. Would like new friends for motivation and support. :)
  • anji7171
    anji7171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi 43 yrs young. Started my journey last year and now really back on it. Really disciplined and motivated to lose that wee belly fat. I reckon another 3 months and that belly should be flat as a pancake. Please add me to the list, I have a fair knowledge when it comes to exercise, just getting the diet tied down now is most of the battle.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,539 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    At the moment I'm feeling like a teenager again: I have so much energy but if I get up too quickly I feel dizzy and tunnelview-ey - which happens about 10 times a day as I always forget to get up slowly *sigh* I certainly did not have that in years. Once my weight dropped under 65kg it was back. At least I don't have much problems during workouts. Would be bad to get dizzy with every burpee :blush:

Anyway, I was feeling uncertain about my weight all week, having a cold in combination with that time of the month (rather 2.5 months as I don't stop often), but my highest weight at mid-week was still 800 grams below the week before, which I missed. Guess I still get a slight panic if my weight rises during the week and I'm anciously awaiting the weekend drop. Oh well....
  • Charlotte27981
    Charlotte27981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43, new to these discussion boards and need to loose about 20lbs. I'm in the UK and could do with some dieting friends to chat with! Please feel free to add me.

• sikkim71
    sikkim71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 43 with 100 to lose. You can add me.
  • colleenbohlen
    Options
    Im 50. I still need to loose 35-40lbs. Ive been at this for 2 weeks and have lost 7.5 lbs. Not as much as I was hoping for, but I guess that is still pretty damn good for us older kids. lol Anyone can add me if they would like.
  • bigdawg1018
    Options
    Im 50...lost 120...50 more to go
  • American_Beauty
    American_Beauty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 73 for me, down 11 pounds, 22 more to go, will be 45 in a couple of weeks, feel free to add me <3
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    Options
    lgutches wrote: »
    I just turned 28 but i behave 52

Funny, I'm 43 but I behave 28. :)

OP - would love to have some 40-something friends to help keep me motivated. I'm a runner and a chocoholic.
    51 here second time round finding that I am losing weight relatively easy since I started but I suspect that it will stabilise soon as I am grossly overweight. TBH I will settle to being overweight instead of obese. Soon I will have to work extra hard to get the kg's off.

on a side note your comment that you're a runner and a chocoholic reminded me of a post on facebook. It goes something like this

"Whenever I hear the word exercise I wash my mouth out with chocolate"
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 41 and trying to get healthy again. I don't have a huge amount to lose, about 10 - 15lbs. I am trying to concentrate more on establishing a healthy diet and sticking to regular exercise. My basic meals are pretty healthy but I have a seriously sweet tooth and was always over eating sugary snacks in between meals. I've been back on MFP for a couple of weeks now and been doing ok until yesterday when I gave in to the sugar cravings. Felt yuk all day afterwards and realised I didn't enjoy that feeling at all! Back on the wagon today now though. For exercise I have started running again and am one week into Insanity. I am pretty out of shape compared to where I've been in the past and feeling frustrated by this. Feel free to add me I could do with being accountable on here, Lorraine x
  • envisiondental
    Options
    Turned 40 last July. Feel no different and weigh the same as when I was 25(about 15lbs too heavy still) .... darn grey in my sideburns and crows feet giving my age away though!
  • abebaby78
    abebaby78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just started on MFP. I am 53 and feel if I don't start losing a bit of weight now I will be stuck with the extra pounds for ever. I don't necessarily want to lose a lot to start of with, just enough to make me feel more comfortably with everyday life and to look a bit better around the pool on my holidays. I don't particularly eat a lot which is a good thing as I have found that as I have got older; working full time in a busy office; I am shattered when I get home so don't have a lot of 'get up and go' to do some exercise. Hopefully recording everything on here will give me that extra push to get where I want to be. It has actually been good to read the earlier posts and feel there are a lot of people with a similar mindset/situation that I can relate to.
  • ezzirah
    Options
    Feel free to add me...47 and just getting started!
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all us 40+ but especially to he ones just getting started. Don't let ANYONE tell you that it's too late. I was in a test group this past summer for an exercise video that debuted in December. I hoped to get in shape but as a result of the workout, I found abs again lol. Just throw out the excuses and put in the work. I did it. We ALL can do it. We just have to want it.
  • 19juanita72
    19juanita72 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and want to lose 40lbs. I need to lose more than that for my height but that's my starting point. Could use some friends and support to help me get there. Please add me.