• ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My ears were burning.

Haha!!! :drinker:
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I work out and eat healthy so that I can have days with pizza and beer! It's give and take. What would life be like if we never indulged in the things we love? Moderation is key. Just don't eat a whole large pizza by yourself....or if you do, just don't do it again tomorrow!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 124
    Cardio/Strength train: 3-4 days a week
    This is an estimate because we don't know your body fat percentage. But I got 1921 calories for your TDEE at the "lightly active" level, 2165 at "moderately active". This is the amount you would eat to maintain your weight. Your BMR was calculated at 1397 calories. This is how many calories you would burn *in a coma*. You should not eat below that number. So, to lose weight, you would eat below 1921--many recommend TDEE - 15% which would be 1633.

But these are estimates done by a stranger on the internet. Go check out the link I posted and run your own numbers. You know a lot more about your lifestyle than I do.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh good, and I found the thread that shows before/after pictures of people who focused primarily on strength training. Just so that you have some real-life proof that strength training won't give you bulging man muscles.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Pizza and beer. I had pizza yesterday and I'm drinking beer today. Hooray for tasty goodness!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Oh good, and I found the thread that shows before/after pictures of people who focused primarily on strength training. Just so that you have some real-life proof that strength training won't give you bulging man muscles.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky

THANK YOU!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    900 calories a day is not enough food. Go here and calculate your BMR and TDEE:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Eat over your BMR and under your TDEE and you will lose weight.

Eat your pizza and drink a beer or two. Don't make yourself miserable depriving yourself of food that makes you happy!

This to infinity!
  • allana1111
    Options
    Actually, another note. If possible, try to test your body fat % and focus on lowering that, rather than worrying about weight. Once you're near your goal, it really is about toning up your muscle and lowering your body fat, rather than actual weight. Many people have gotten to their goal weight and been disappointed because they feel "skinny fat"

That's where I'm at.. skinny fat. :( Exactly why I started strength training...I just thought if I worked out AND ate fewer calories I'd get the results I want faster
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Actually, another note. If possible, try to test your body fat % and focus on lowering that, rather than worrying about weight. Once you're near your goal, it really is about toning up your muscle and lowering your body fat, rather than actual weight. Many people have gotten to their goal weight and been disappointed because they feel "skinny fat"

That's where I'm at.. skinny fat. :( Exactly why I started strength training...I just thought if I worked out AND ate fewer calories I'd get the results I want faster
    Very much no. I understand the thinking, but it's not true. You have to fuel your body to be able to do the lifting. You have to trust the process. Up your calories, start kicking *kitten* in the gym (and NO - you won't get bulky!) and I promise you will start to feel awesome. But you have to have both pieces of the puzzle in order for it to work.
  • echofm1
    Options

It's a pretty common mistake. A lot of people think that getting skinny is all about not eating, but your body needs proper fuel. Without it, it can't build anything. Another good note is to make a point of eating plenty of protein. Definitely hit your MFP goals for protein, or even go over on it if you can (I really struggle with protein). Drinking a protein shake (or eating a high-protein snack) after doing strength training can also give your muscles a bit of added fuel to help get the look you want.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    eat the pizza, drink the beer, and eat more than 900 cals a day
    no_zps108718b4.gif?t=1390573220\m/

I love this! so cute :love: But girl you need more then 900 calories a day..
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    900 cals may be enough or not, just experiment to find what works for you. Annie Transka eats 500 per day, it is what works for her.
  • icywindow
    icywindow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries.

Are you eating a stick of butter with your beer???

lmao no kidding. ever heard of michelob ultra????

Unfortunately, yes. :sick:

That's not beer

Perhaps you meant to say pizza, not beer? Pizza can have a lot of fat depending on what kind.
    If you did mean beer, I do not know what kind of beer you're drinking but, my beer does not have fat. Carbs yes, fat no.

I'm afraid this went over your head a little. We were just saying that Michelob Ultra is not beer because it tastes repulsive. Not that it has fat in it.
    In. For beer shaming. Shame on Michelob for calling that beer!

Beer shaming is wrong! We need a beer-spo thread now to cure this!

Okay. No. Beer shaming is oh so right. Probably the only kind of shame that is.

Hummmm. Beer-spo. I may be onto something . . .
    Hmmm....a beer-spo thread? Yes. Let's do it!
    http://imgur.com/a/y1iOs
  • allana1111
    Options
    if I keep doing my strength training and eating right (I know in your opinions upping my calories) do you think 4 months is a plausible amount of time to get the body I want....I know you can't see me but just picture.. skinny fat in the legs... the arms I see toning definitely happening faster and have flat tummy. how long do legs take?!
  • echofm1
    Options
    if I keep doing my strength training and eating right (I know in your opinions upping my calories) do you think 4 months is a plausible amount of time to get the body I want....I know you can't see me but just picture.. skinny fat in the legs... the arms I see toning definitely happening faster and have flat tummy. how long do legs take?!

I'm not sure if it'll necessarily get you to the ultimate body that you want, since I don't really know your goals and what you look like now. I think it's definitely possible. On that thread I linked to you, many of the women posted the amount of time that they'd been strength training. 4 months seems entirely reasonable to see a big difference to me. Will your legs be visible in your wedding dress though? Personally, I'd focus mostly (not entirely though. You should be giving your whole body attention) on the shoulders/backs/arms, since that's the main skin that shows in a dress. Also, fun fact, better back and chest muscles usually lead to perkier boobs.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just aim for 900 calories

In that case, eat the entire pizza.

THIS.gif
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on weight. Focus on exercise and eating enough. Strength training is a great idea. Example:

This is Staci. She's a powerlifter.
    superherostaci.jpg
    On the left she's around 131, on the right she's around 142.

And an update.
    stacipowerlifting.jpg
    From the 142 on the left to about 150 on the right.

This should be your focus if you are "skinny fat." Not starving yourself to hit an arbitrary number on the scale.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Shoot... I'm having pizza & beer on Sunday! It's my cheat day. #sundayfunday :drinker:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what kind of body you want or what you look like, so I won't venture a guess. But I will say, 4 months of eating properly (ie: enough) and strength training is definitely enough to see results.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what kind of body you want or what you look like, so I won't venture a guess. But I will say, 4 months of eating properly (ie: enough) and strength training is definitely enough to see results.

"See results" =/= "get the body I want"

:wink: