Favorite low calorie snacks?

Options
124»

Replies

• susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    an apple a day keeps the doctor away. those adages are always right.
  • kmb1282
    kmb1282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just found and made an amazing recipe! It's for dessert (or a snack). Mine didn't look chocolatey but did taste amazing and if you aren't gluten free I am sure you could use regular oats.
    http://heidipowell.net/853/peanut-butter-power-fudge/
  • kmb1282
    kmb1282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm def trying the clam thing it sounds good and interesting.
  • BeCoco
    BeCoco Posts: 5
    Options
    A chopped red bell pepper with cottage cheese as a dip. Sometimes I add bean dip to the cottage cheese for extra flavour. Yum :)
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is celery topped with laughing cow swiss cheese.

I love eating this. It's under 5g carbs (no insulin :D) and three three-inch sticks with one wedge cheese and some sprinkled provolone or mozzarella is under 75 calories.
  • Aubshmee
    Options
    Jolly Time Kettle Popcorn... 5 cups popped = 100 calories. I sprinkle some garlic pepper seasoning on it and you got yourself a delicious treat!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Light String Cheese & a Gala or Red Delicious Apple combined. Yum!!!
  • tcograham
    tcograham Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If that time of month approaches and I get chocolate cravings, this is my go to:

Fiber One 80 chocolate cereal with Blue Diamond vanilla (the unsweetened one) or
    A cup of Silk Chocolate Soymilk Light (soooo chocolate-y but a bit more carbs and calories than almond milk) or
    Skinnycow ice cream sandwich or a mini ice cream sandwich (stater bros has one thats 90 calories) or
    Fiber One brownie (90 cals).

I love apples and berries too for non choco cravings. And the light popcorn (no butter added) for movie times with the family.

My FAVORITE thing is the lindor truffles. Though not healthy, I've found that if I only have one or two, they are so rich it will do the trick and that is within 100 calories. But you gottta have self control on that one, those can easily get out of control if not careful (if you are a truffle person like me lol). For me, I put them in non easily accessible locations, and store them in small amounts just in case temptation gets in the way :)
  • jamienjennings
    jamienjennings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oh man, I dig red pepper hummus with peppers or carrots! I also like making my own guacamole and putting that on some whole wheat bread, pita crackers, or dipping vegetables in it! I'm also a fan of blueberries mixed with cottage cheese--although the ratio is funny, it's like 3/4 blueberries and 1/4 cottage cheese.

oh, and pomegranate seeds. so good!
  • WestonFirm
    Options
    A California law firm is investigating whether the claims regarding the healthfulness of Jolly Time Healthy Pop Popcorn are accurate. If you have information or would like more information please contact Greg Weston at greg@westonfirm.com.

Advertisement