What film did you see last?

Options
What is the last film you saw and what did you think of it?

I am watching STOKER and it is creepy and terse, a good thriller with a lot of tension about a dysfunctional family.

Replies

• alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - awesome! Best movie I've seen in a while. Entertaining, some laughs, motivating and feel-good.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Frozen. Epic <3.
  • saltycloud
    saltycloud Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also watched Frozen last :D
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    The Wolf of Wall Street. Outstanding.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    I LOVED it and thought it was in essence rife for a transition straight to Broadway. As luck would have it, it IS coming to Broadway as it is in the works. The songs were memorable and it hearkened back to Disney's heyday in the 90's with LITTLE MERMAID, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and THE LION KING. Your thoughts?
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    I saw that as well and thought it good but typical of Scorsese. A little long as well. Did oyu know Jonah Hill took only 60K to make the film as he wanted so badly to be in it?
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    The Wolf of Wall Street. Outstanding.

I saw that as well and thought it good but typical of Scorsese. A little long as well. Did oyu know Jonah Hill took only 60K to make the film as he wanted so badly to be in it?
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Frozen. Epic <3.

I LOVED it and thought it was in essence rife for a transition straight to Broadway. As luck would have it, it IS coming to Broadway as it is in the works. The songs were memorable and it hearkened back to Disney's heyday in the 90's with LITTLE MERMAID, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and THE LION KING. Your thoughts?
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Dallas Buyers Club. Outstanding. Best movie I've seen this year ( still haven't seen 12 Years or Capt. Phillips ). Honestly felt like, for as good as MM was in that movie, Jared Leto was even better.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - awesome! Best movie I've seen in a while. Entertaining, some laughs, motivating and feel-good.

I LOVE the scene where Sean Penn waits to capture the "ghost cat" on film only to let the moment go, seen by human eyes not a lens. THAT is what life should be like, not all Instagrammed.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Dallas Buyers Club. Outstanding. Best movie I've seen this year ( still haven't seen 12 Years or Capt. Phillips ). Honestly felt like, for as good as MM was in that movie, Jared Leto was even better.

I really wanted it to win best pic as it trumped AMerican Hustle and starred THREE names I NEVER thought would be contenders: Jared Leto, Matthew "rom com" McConnaghy and Jennifer Garner. What a beautiful film and career-defining performances from Leto and McConnaghy
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    12 years a slave...was a little underwhelmed...had been expecting it to be far more brutal.in all honesty was a little slow for me.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    There was a sequel??? Ha. I actually saw a play version of Debbie Does Dallas in the Village here in NYC. Very,,, interesting!
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    12 years a slave...was a little underwhelmed...had been expecting it to be far more brutal.in all honesty was a little slow for me.

Agreed. Good film but not great.
  • SaintGiff
    Options

I really wanted it to win best pic as it trumped AMerican Hustle and starred THREE names I NEVER thought would be contenders: Jared Leto, Matthew "rom com" McConnaghy and Jennifer Garner. What a beautiful film and career-defining performances from Leto and McConnaghy

It was a better all around film than American Hustle or Gravity. I kind of felt like both of those were just good films with outstanding performances rather than outstanding films. I think that Mcconaughey turned the corner on his career about two years ago. He's taken on quite a few more challenging roles of late. He definitely played against type in both Killer Joe and The Paper Boy ( two very under-rated movies ), and he was also pretty good in Mudd. You definitely can't dismiss him as a romcom guy these days.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "American Hustle" at the theater, "Oblivion" at home. American Hustle was great, Oblivion wasn't was bad as people said it was but I am a Sci-Fi fan.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    "American Hustle" at the theater, "Oblivion" at home. American Hustle was great, Oblivion wasn't was bad as people said it was but I am a Sci-Fi fan.

Christian Bale was amazing in American Hustle and Jennifer Lawrence is lustworthy!!!!
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    I honestly felt like Bale didn't deserve the Oscar he won for The Fighter. However, if he wins one for American Hustle I won't complain.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options

Ohhh same here, lat movie i saw, thought it was great.
  • GoldYumYum
    Options
    Papillon. Fantastic movie.