What film did you see last?

Options

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I shall add them all to an imaginary list, and try and catch them.
    Really didn't fancy kid with the bike...No idea why....

Just remembered two other good ones, Michael...and the hunt.
    I should post links really, because my info can be unreliable, but no time now, in of to movies/flicks/cinema. :)

I loved The Kid with a Bike. Probably because I could identify with the kid a bit more than most. Well, that and the fact that Cecile de France haunts my dreams.

I have The Hunt sitting around here somewhere, waiting for me to take the time to watch it.

One other I'll throw out there but it's not for everyone. A French Canadian film called Incendies. It blends about half a dozen Greek tragedies into a modern retelling focused around an un-named Middle Eastern country ( it's Lebanon ). It can be hard to follow at times because the film tells the story of a young woman digging into the life of her mother when she was younger. The actress who plays the young woman actually looks a bit too much like the actress who plays the younger version of her mother, and if you're not paying attention it's easy to lose track of where you are in time, lol. It's a dark, brutal film. But the climactic scene actually made me audibly shout "Noooooooooo". I NEVER do that.

I know the one, it's now on the list :)

Saw August osage county earlier, pretty good. Streep was excellent...not seen her in many things, so very impressed.
    I saw the play years ago, but thankfully didn't remember it all, so got some good plot twists
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just watched Enders Game. I loved the book(s) when I was younger, so was really looking forward to this. It was pretty good, but not quite as good as it could have been. Good choices with casting, and some good effects but something was off, I didn't get drawn in the way I expected to be.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    A failed attempt to watch Resevoir Dogs but 20mins in I fell asleep

I don't want to know you.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I just watched Afternoon Delight, pretty depressing.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    A failed attempt to watch Resevoir Dogs but 20mins in I fell asleep

I don't want to know you.

I don't even ever want to see this..too much hype surely??
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Hansel and Gretel Witch Hungers & Hammer of the Gods.

Both were horrible, horrible movies.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Lone Survivor... needed tequila and a xanax afterwards.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    I watched an indie today called simply "cafe." It tells the story of a group of people whose lives are intertwined in a mysterious way, which I don't wish to reveal in case you choose to view it. I was not a fan but anyone interested in quirky, dialogue heavy films, you may like it as it feels like a play. However, it stars Jennifer Love Hewlett and Jamie Kennedy, so...
  • TheFisherKing
    Options

Hansel and Gretel was colorful and entertaining to look at but you are right; it is a horrible film. But what did you expect? Ha. I mean, it is the fairty tale with semi automatic weapons!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Hansel and Gretel was colorful and entertaining to look at but you are right; it is a horrible film. But what did you expect? Ha. I mean, it is the fairty tale with semi automatic weapons!

I know but I thought it'd be a little bit more cooler and a lot less cheesy LOL.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Just watched Enders Game. I loved the book(s) when I was younger, so was really looking forward to this. It was pretty good, but not quite as good as it could have been. Good choices with casting, and some good effects but something was off, I didn't get drawn in the way I expected to be.

I adored the book (all three in the series actually) but felt the film lacked the genuine pathos felt by Ender that resonated in the novel. I mean, he empathized with the enemy and FELT their pain when you read it. That did not come across here.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    FINALLY saw Walter Mitty, for what it was, it was ok.....

I fancied I,Frankenstein, but so many appalling reviews....
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I cannot do Ben Stiller movies. I just find him so incredibly unwatchable.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    That might have been first one I saw..know what you mean though, feel the same about Jim Carrey (other than Truman show)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Lovelace - it was very good
  • tosullivan
    tosullivan Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wyatt Earp

Loved Tombstone and Valkilmer was excellent. Wanted to see the movie about earps life and costner didn't disappoint
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    JOE DIRT <3!
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Food Fight (the doc)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lovelace - it was very good
    Agreed! I was surprised at this film! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gattaca, now.
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cockney's VS Zombies. It was funny. Some of the gross scenes were a little too gross. But still very good for Horror Comedy.