BEST weight loss advice!!!!! Simple & easy

Options
Calories out > calories in ---> Weight loss

Calories out = calories in ---> Maintain weight

Calories out < Calories in ---> Weight gain

That's all. This should get rid of 99% of stupid posts of people complaining they are not losing weight even though they are at a deficit....

Replies

• AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are a lot of factors with that. They could THINK they are eating at a deficit and not be, therefore not losing weight. The posts are never going to stop.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1rkzpHj1n1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

OP - well put and so simply stated. But let's face it. I'm in for the responses :drinker:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    no, it won't. nice try though
  • 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's not as simple as that. I used to be a competitive skater and before a competition for about 2 weeks I'd almost double my training. HOWEVER, in that time frame, I'd gain about 2-3lbs, even though I was eating the exact same thing. I know I wasn't under estimating because my diet was VERY closely monitored, as in I followed a meal plan and never had anything outside of it.

It also has to do with what your body chooses to adsorb and keep. In those two weeks, my body would keep more of the protein that I was eating and so I put on weight. It was muscle weight so I didn't mind. When I'm really stressed, my weight will drop like crazy, not because I'm not eating but because my body just isn't absorbing any of it.

A better example would be someone who has a cup of coffee everyday. Skipping their morning brew will see themselves gaining about half a pound that day as they would be retaining more water than they usually are.

But the fact is, there are many things that contribute to weight, not just calories.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

That's all. This should get rid of 99% of stupid posts of people complaining they are not losing weight even though they are at a deficit....
    Then I quess we can conclude obese people are stupid, right?
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Pretty strong words coming from someone who has a baby pig as a profile pic. LOL.

In most cases it might be that simple, but weight loss is not a black and white issue. It is different for every person.
  • HappyGladGal
    HappyGladGal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

It annoys me when people complain about posts! We are all here to help each other! Weight loss is more complicated than that else we all wouldn't be here! You don't seem like a very patient person. I suggest you find another message board....like for intolerant impatient people!!!
  • nikkiofthelake
    Options
    There are some people who have medical issues or are on meds that mess with their ability to lose weight... However, I think most people don't lose because they are underestimating the number of calories they consume. It's easy to do!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Well, this should escalate quickly.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options

It annoys me when people complain about posts! We are all here to help each other! Weight loss is more complicated than that else we all wouldn't be here! You don't seem like a very patient person. I suggest you find another message board....like for intolerant impatient people!!!

THAT !
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    There are some people who have medical issues or are on meds that mess with their ability to lose weight... However, I think most people don't lose because they are underestimating the number of calories they consume. It's easy to do!

And this too!!
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    Pretty strong words coming from someone who has a baby pig as a profile pic. LOL.

In most cases it might be that simple, but weight loss is not a black and white issue. It is different for every person.

And that
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

I absolute hate it when people say that.. because its not true.
    One of the reasons its not true is because, Weight loss is not linear.
    Two - People are not perfect nor do we live in a lab
    Three - There is no way we can tell exactly how much calories we burn. although the HRM gives me a certain number of calories burned, It may not be a true number.
    Four. -- too much salt, will keep the water, and prevent you from loosing weight
    Five - Too much water, will prevent you from loosing weight.
    Six - There are reports out there that says too little water will prevent you from loosing weight.

we don't live in a control environment, and although it works perfectly for you and for the next 10 people, I will guarantee you that for the next 100 people it wont work.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So many people who are on here not only underestimate the calories IN (by not weighting their food, not logging every little thing) AS WELL AS overestimating how much activity they do on a daily basis and using the calorie totals MFP generates for exercise instead of using a HRM (which is still usually inaccurate by as much as 25%!). And if the person is loading up on salty foods, even if they are low in calories, they might not see the results they expect. Your generalization would work in a vacuum, but not in the real world.
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    PORTION CONTROL
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

Actually, I've always wondered about the meds thing. It seems that people say "LAW says: calories in vs. calories out, no exception" UNTIL there's talk of certain birth control pills or oral steroids, etc. So, what happens with those drugs--do they just cause the people to eat more without them knowing it, or does it make them sit on the couch more without them noticing? (Serious question; no snark)
  • chachicopley
    Options
    Keep a calorie journal (no excuse anymore, you have computers and smartphones and unlimited access to online databases that tell you, no more need to fully count and figure out caloric value) Use portion control. Eat whole foods while skipping the junk and processed foods. Exercise! Very simple.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It's more complicated than that! =P
    WW%2BFormula.gif
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    PORTION CONTROL
    Hmm, reminds me I was listening to prince just the other day...