Non judgemental Friends Please....?

Options
I'm obviously overweight and need a major change in lifestyle but i also have other issues which I'm currently trying to recover from. So it would be great it if i could find friends who would support and encourage me and not judge me for the slightest misstep.
Sometimes i might overeat and sometimes i might under eat..... Im trying to place myself where I'm comfortable and healthy and not depressed.
So non judgmental people add away.... and judgmental lovelies please stay away and refrain from commenting.

P.S : OMG It is not me in the picture! Its just something i put up for motivation.

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Is that you in the pic? Where is the "overweight" part of you?

If I cannot judge what you eat or not eat, then I cannot be supportive. Do you want someone to say "way to go", "good job" or "keep up the good work" even when you are eating unhealthy, then you do not want support. You want someone to agree with you.

:flowerforyou:
  • georgiagirl1811
    Options
    Hi I am peachygirl. I am new here and would love a buddy. Trust me I am not in the place or have the heart to judge anyone. I am too busy trying to invent a new me, looking for better eating patterns, and trying to put exercise in my crazy schedule. Let me know if you want to buddy up. I know we both can reach our goals.

Peachygirl
  • leaner426
    Options
    Hey, there are no missteps, just decisions. Everyone decides to go eat less healthy sometimes. My advice is to focus on the statistics like fiber, fat, sugar and the impact that different combinations have on your projected 5 week weight loss (its shown on the end of day report.) That will let you focus on eating healthier for a lifetime.

I have 3 diseases that all have depression as a side effect. I was told that cardio for thirty minutes a day (you need to get your heart rate up there) is as effective as an antidepressant, but it might take 2 months to kick in. I've not been on antidepressants but I've been doing the cardio since last April and it does seem to help.

You can add me as a friend if you want to - check my profile. Good luck!
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    Is that you in the pic? Where is the "overweight" part of you?

If I cannot judge what you eat or not eat, then I cannot be supportive. Do you want someone to say "way to go", "good job" or "keep up the good work" even when you are eating unhealthy, then you do not want support. You want someone to agree with you.

OMG, that isnt me in the picture. Im probably fifty pounds heavier than her. And this is what i call judgement. You are quick to assume and quick to try to fix something that you know nothing about. Sorry but Ive seen way too much of it. :) Good day
  • Frannn17
    Options
    Hey i'm also new here and definitely won't judge - hope others will show me the same curtesy :) I also have other more mental issues that have effected my physical appearance so would happily 'buddy/befriend' you. My mental health is nearly resolved and i've decided its time to take charge of my weight as well to reach a complete recovery and return to the old me! :)
  • MaegK
    MaegK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend and would not judge. I know that we all have our own journey to find out what is best for our individual bodies.
  • AndyN87
    AndyN87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, you can add me as a friend if you want. Clearly I'm working on the weight loss as well. So far so good for me. Down 20 pounds so far.
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't judge at all feel free to add me. I like your diary not for what's in it but that you are making an effort. We all struggle or we would not be here.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me! And anyone else can add me too!
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me. :) We are all on our own journey. Anyone else feel free to add me too. The more the merrier.
  • apercanis
    Options
    Heh, feel free to add me if you like although you seem to have plenty of offers already. I can't always maintain staying at my calorie deficit either so I can understand the struggle in that.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    Hi !! let me tell you , i know how you feel . I have met some of the greatest, most supportive wonderful people on here ( i steer clear of the negative,judging or mean ones) Heck, i've even met a girl on here that has become an actual friend. someone i look forward to getting messages from each day. So, if you'd like to add me, i promise to be as helpful as i can, and as understanding as possible and maybe you can chat with some of my awesome friends on here as well.
  • thethirdsunrise
    Options
    Hi Candice
    I'll add you and anyone feel free to add me!:)
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    You can add me =) I started out big... very big and I do better with positive reinforcement over negative, so I understand where you're coming from. I think it has something to do with years of anxiety as well as I beat myself up enough already when I know I've done something silly. I've lost 56lbs with positive reinforcement so it does work =)

Wow, thats an amazing loss :)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Honestly? If you ONLY want "judgement free" get off these forums (or learn to accept the good with the bad). People judge. Sometimes it's bc they are judgemental *kitten*, yes...but usually, it's because people here are going to tell you the bold blunt truth about things you may not want to hear. Find some friends, and stick to posting on your and their walls....bc the forums are full of judgment (thank goodness), from people who know what they are talking about and will never tip-toe around the truth.

Also, if your profile pic isn't you, you ARE going to have people ask you why you think you're overweight. Not everyone reads profiles, and your photo doesn't look like it's from a magazine...it's just a pic of a girl, people will assume you.
  • khemmyusa12
    khemmyusa12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol. I saw your profle pics and was like where is the overweight? Dear. Everyone here is also overweight, dealing with self depression if u get what I mean. I'm also new and have received a lot of encouragement from people and now feel gud abt myself. I goal is to lose 50lbs so add me if you want and we can walk together. We can do it!!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been judged and it keeps me accountable. Blowing smoke up someones butt really is doing them no good. Unless they are freaky and into that sort of thing!!!!
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    Honestly? If you ONLY want "judgement free" get off these forums (or learn to accept the good with the bad). People judge. Sometimes it's bc they are judgemental *kitten*, yes...but usually, it's because people here are going to tell you the bold blunt truth about things you may not want to hear. Find some friends, and stick to posting on your and their walls....bc the forums are full of judgment (thank goodness), from people who know what they are talking about and will never tip-toe around the truth.

Also, if your profile pic isn't you, you ARE going to have people ask you why you think you're overweight. Not everyone reads profiles, and your photo doesn't look like it's from a magazine...it's just a pic of a girl, people will assume you.

isnt that why i said "refrain from commenting"? i know people can be judgemental i just dont want their friendship or comments and so far posting on this forum has brought me more good than bad. ive already met a few very nice people . thank you for the concern :) Good day
  • Spikethered
    Options
    Hello , feel free to add me, as can anyone :)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been judged and it keeps me accountable. Blowing smoke up someones butt really is doing them no good. Unless they are freaky and into that sort of thing!!!!

I guess this is why we are friends! :heart:

OP - I did not assume that was you, I asked if it was you. I am very supportive to those on my friends list. But I do judge them when they eat poorly and I am called out often for drinking too many Starbucks. It's part of the support. Call me judgmental, call me mean as it makes no difference. However, I truly hope that you find the support you are seeking!!