I've lost 45 lbs in 3 months on this special diet!

Options
ScottH_200
ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
By eating whatever I "choose" to eat, keeping and daily logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and getting in some modest to moderate exercise a few times a week, I managed to lose 15 lbs a month from 10/21/13 to 01/21/14.

MFP set up my daily caloric needs at 2,190 a day at the start for a projected 2 lb per week loss. It's a 2,060 a day now. I went over that number 1 time in the first 90 days.

I've managed to lose thus far through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, college football bowl games, birthday parties, New Years and NFL playoff games ;-)

At times, I've eaten hamburgers, fish & chips, fried chicken, burritos, steak, pasta, cake & chocolate candy. Just not every day, or, in excess.

I joined a weekly support group and weigh-in for accountability and also receive encouragement here on MFP. I'm reshaping my thinking process from "I can't", to "I can!"

Frankly, I'm tired of making excuses for being fat...

This is a process, a balance of my life long one, I understand that. I haven't reached my goal yet, however, I'm on my way!

Cheers!

Replies

• ScottH_200
    Options
    Why thanks!
  • ToryCarr
    ToryCarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thats a dumb diet!!! Just kidding, great job!! Who knew it could be that simple huh!! Spent my whole life trying to make it much harder.
  • Debbers54
    Debbers54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love how sensible you are. Congratulations to you for your success! I hope you'll continue to post as you are a real encouragement :)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have lost 59 pounds on the same special diet! Not as fast as you, but it is still gone forever!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    What the??? Some of you aren't that impressed with my "special secret fat burning, metabolism raising, perfect macro scientific syncing" diet? LOL!
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.Your diet is awesome!.......less input more output!....its that easy. Please continue to share.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You sir, are a genius!! :flowerforyou:
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh please friend me if you like...nice to see sensible comments on here!
  • kballard66
    Options
    Awesomeness, WTG!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Cheers to you!
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    But...but...but... don't you know that carbs and wheat and sugar are POISON?!?!?! OMG, you're totally killing yourself if you eat them!!!!eleventy!!

/sarc

But seriously, congrats! I'm on the same "diet". The above is what I get so often from people who don't "get it". :laugh:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You've put all those "over the top" scientific, 3-page long, confusing, verbose, mind numbing explanations on how to lose a pound in their place! Finally..... a plan that's easy and sustainable - go figure! I'm basically following the same plan although it is and will be my lifestyle - not a "diet" and enjoying success as well It really doesn't have to be that "complicated".....
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    THAT is the way to do it!

Everyone wants the secret to weight loss, and you sir, have found it. ;)
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Good for you!!! You've put all those "over the top" scientific, 3-page long, confusing, verbose, mind numbing explanations on how to lose a pound in their place! Finally..... a plan that's easy and sustainable - go figure! I'm basically following the same plan although it is and will be my lifestyle - not a "diet" and enjoying success as well It really doesn't have to be that "complicated".....

I agree with your it's a "lifestyle" assessment. However, using the term "diet" just sounds so catchy and trendy, doesn't it? Sorta Dr. OZish like ;-)
  • NancieFeatherston
    NancieFeatherston Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love feeling like I am on the right track! Congrats on your success... I started this January 1st and am on this "diet' of yours too! I feel great... I have 53 to go to get my first goal! I am doing it consistently... that's the biggest change I have made! Looking forward to seeing my collar bones again! I am walking slow on an incline now. It started with a commitment to myself to walk 5 minutes a day... and I have done it everyday and am an hour a day most days!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Love feeling like I am on the right track! Congrats on your success... I started this January 1st and am on this "diet' of yours too! I feel great... I have 53 to go to get my first goal! I am doing it consistently... that's the biggest change I have made! Looking forward to seeing my collar bones again! I am walking slow on an incline now. It started with a commitment to myself to walk 5 minutes a day... and I have done it everyday and am an hour a day most days!

I went to an Oregon Ducks Football game with my son back in October. We had to walk (only) about a half mile from the shuttle into the stadium, because of my excess weight, my back was KILLING me! That's when I said enough is enough to myself.

I started my exercise routine on the elliptical because it's easier on my back and knees. However, as I've continued to lose and gain cardio strength, I've been venturing more and more outdoors to walk. I love walking and hiking and am VERY excited about getting into some of our beautiful parks we have here in Oregon this Spring.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm just getting started here so every success story keeps me inspired and motivated, way to go!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    LOVE reading success stories like yours! Thanks for sharing and all the best to you on your journey!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!