I've lost 45 lbs in 3 months on this special diet!

Options

Replies

• Openboater
    Openboater Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this "diet" - is there a book to go with it? :smile:

Total common sense!

It works for me - eat less, move more. Let's keep on doing it :wink:
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    What is raspberry keytone??

Too be honest, I have no idea. I don't watch Dr. Oz ;-)
  • DawnieBitz
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Being a newbie and having tried nearly EVERY diet out there it is a nice reminder that moderation is the key to success. Especially since I fall in the category of needing to shed about 1/2 of my body weight. This gives me some motiviation today! You rock :smile:
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Being a newbie and having tried nearly EVERY diet out there it is a nice reminder that moderation is the key to success. Especially since I fall in the category of needing to shed about 1/2 of my body weight. This gives me some motiviation today! You rock :smile:

You CAN do it. It's all about making consistent choices and building that consistency to where it becomes a habit.
  • Meikan
    Meikan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What the??? Some of you aren't that impressed with my "special secret fat burning, metabolism raising, perfect macro scientific syncing" diet? LOL!

I just started a similar approach, and so far is working.. Great Job...you are an inspiration...Now, I am sure I CAN DO It!!!
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow -- just the inspiration I needed today, as I'm in week three of the same special diet! (Although I've already gone over one day, as I was eating at a friend's house and really didn't want to offend the family...)
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Lol! I was so not interested in opening this thread when I read the title. But, I decided on a whim to open it and soooo funny. Yeah I might just try this special diet too.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats! If only people could realize you can still eat things you enjoy!!
  • pratty34
    pratty34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Well done, you very inspirational. I have only just started on my journey to get fit and live healthier, sharing your success has given me hope and encouragement that I can achieve my goals. Thank you
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Lol! I was so not interested in opening this thread when I read the title. But, I decided on a whim to open it and soooo funny. Yeah I might just try this special diet too.

I figured the title might be a deterrent. Glad you checked it out anyways ;-)
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Glad to see you found the magix elixer of weight loss :-) You should add your ticker to your profile - it's very impressive! Keep up the great work.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Glad to see you found the magix elixer of weight loss :-) You should add your ticker to your profile - it's very impressive! Keep up the great work.

Thanks!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with rewarding yourself, but I want to get more fat off first, and keep the muscle. Once I am on maintenance, I am very sure I will reward myself here and there.

I do think if I am going to eat less, then those calories better be good nutrition, I don't see how it can be good for you otherwise.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Took 4 pages of replies before I got my first "yeah but..." reply ;-) I consider that a record here on MFP, lol!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Scott, congrats. So basically, are you saying that as long as you have a calorie deficit, no matter what you eat, you will lose weight?
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Scott, congrats. So basically, are you saying that as long as you have a calorie deficit, no matter what you eat, you will lose weight?

Eating less than or at 2,160 calories a day (in my case) including modest to moderate exercise 3 to 4 days a week equaled 45 lbs weight loss in three months.
  • Kezza220
    Kezza220 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done Guru Scott, refreshing to hear someone saying it as it is!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply Scott. You know what just dawned on me? If the people out there like that Dr. Oz would just tell it like it is, and that would be to just eat less and move more, and don't deprive yourself of your favorite foods, than I guess they wouldn't be making all the money they are making. I don't watch him much at all, but I've seen a lot of commercials for him and everyday he has some new, "miracle weight loss" or "appetite suppressant" or some crap like that. Sorry to use that word, but it's pure crap out of the old "Thomas Crapper" toilet, the guy that invented the toilet! LOL! Scott, thanks man and have a good night.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with everything Dr. Oz says, but I assume he knows diet is implicated in cancer, sure it is also better to be thin and to exercise, but if you never eat vegetables, that is really bad for you. I always think diet (as in what you eat every day) and nutrition, nutrition is just as important.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    way to go!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!