What they don't tell you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Girl, I have the time! And thank you so much for sharing. My mom always says to me it is a short term struggle for a long term gain. At 23 if I take 5 years to get healthy (as well as learn how to be healthy sustainability), I get to benefit from it for the next what.....50 years? Seems short in the scheme of things.

You have a wise mom! You are right on target, too. If I would've stuck with it at your age, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now. I let life be an excuse and get in the way. I've sure missed out on a lot in those 11 years.
    I have let SCHOOL get in the way! In 7 months I start back to my next and final degree. I want to learn how to live a healthy life before that craziness starts.

It's always something. School, marriage, job, kids, etc. for me it was all of the above. It took going through a very abusive marriage, 2 babies, struggling to make it with them on my own, and finally finding a man who loved ME for me. I was at my heaviest weight when we met and got married. We have been married 3 years and I finally figured it all out. For some people happy makes them gain. For me, it was finally being happy, stable, and content that led me to want to change.
    Options
    I totally agree with number 1. I am a long way off my goal (well, half way towards my first goal) and still sometimes look at myself and see me exactly as I was 5 months ago. When I was feeling like this a few weeks ago I took a photo of myself and compared it to one I took when I started getting healthy and couldn't believe the difference.

Thanks for the extra motivation :)

Comparison pics are what keep me going. When I get down on it I take a pic and do some comparing. It's amazing. :-) you will get there.
  • Miza_amh
    Options
    wow nicely put
    Options
    #1, #2 and #4... I'm relieved to know I'm not alone! Great post! :flowerforyou:

Yea the emotional side is one I didn't expect. It's probably the toughest. Hang in there!!
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    And you forgot

#10 - The money you have to spend on new clothes... LOL
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Why is it that the more I lose, the more I struggle with the process emotionally?

Ugh. Not necessarily in a bad way, just... I have to work through things more than I did 40 lbs ago when I felt nothing but a dash of happy when I lost a lb.
  • sarahmichel101
    sarahmichel101 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    And you forgot

People don't know about this? Hell, it's all I have been looking forward to!
    Options
    And you forgot

Crap!! I knew I would forget something!!!

#10) you WILL need a 2nd job to pay for the following (if you have quite a bit to lose)
    1- new clothes (i advise goodwill, great finds there and you won't be in them long!) I've gone from a tight 18w to a current tight 10!!!
    2- resizing your wedding ring. I have done it 3 times! Gone from a 10 down to a 7. Needs to be sized again but waiting til I hit my goal.
    3- new shoes and socks. YEA your feet WILL SHRINK.
    4- for you ladies- new bras about every 25 lbs. :grumble:
    Options
    Why is it that the more I lose, the more I struggle with the process emotionally?

Ugh. Not necessarily in a bad way, just... I have to work through things more than I did 40 lbs ago when I felt nothing but a dash of happy when I lost a lb.

Yep. At 75 lbs lost I'm more insecure and unsure of myself. Feel less confident and sexy. Always questioning the right food changes or choices. It SUCKS.
    Options
    And #11) don't forget to change things up when you get bored. Nothing is set in stone. I've changed my "plan" more than I've changed my hair color.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep as a reminder
  • rattleh3ad
    Options
    Thanks for this, it was great to read
  • marjayelizmoll
    Options
    I don't understand
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    And #11) don't forget to change things up when you get bored. Nothing is set in stone. I've changed my "plan" more than I've changed my hair color.

This is the one that I'm so glad I'm not alone!!! I don't think I even give my body the opportunity to adjust to a change before I read something or see something and add it!!! Seriously, sticking to one plan for long enough to see a significant change would be fantastic :)
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    "The journey is the reward"
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    My little two cents... "It is not a temporary 'lose it and quit' kind of thing. It is a lifestyle change."
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    love it!!:heart:
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    We still keep our cool attitude, even we shed lbs/kg off our bodies.

The more we lose weight..the more awesome we are. Lets say we are an inspiration :wink: :drinker:
  • HappyGladGal
    HappyGladGal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Going to come back and read when I need a reminder.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Oh how awesome ! Putting this up for new people and Under motivation lol. Seriously !