Options

Replies

• morgac3874
    Options
    So needed to read this. Thanks!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    And once your get into your last 30-50lbs of weight loss, it takes an even harder push, just when you figured out how to lose weight and be fit, youll have to completely redo everything.
    (went from losing 10lbs a month for several months, then suddenly went down to 1lb a month for 6 months)
  • Qos_
    Qos_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have written this better myself, thanks!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    "The journey is the reward"

Love it!! It is so true, you grow in ways you cannot imagine. Thanks!
    Options
    My little two cents... "It is not a temporary 'lose it and quit' kind of thing. It is a lifestyle change."

Very true, thanks!
    Options
    We still keep our cool attitude, even we shed lbs/kg off our bodies.

The more we lose weight..the more awesome we are. Lets say we are an inspiration :wink: :drinker:

???? and some of us become even cooler and inspire ourselves!
    Options
    So needed to read this. Thanks!

You're welcome!
    Options
    And once your get into your last 30-50lbs of weight loss, it takes an even harder push, just when you figured out how to lose weight and be fit, youll have to completely redo everything.
    (went from losing 10lbs a month for several months, then suddenly went down to 1lb a month for 6 months)

Oh heck yes! I plateaued for almost a year. That's when I seriously changed it all up and have been losing .5 a lb a week since.
  • PibblesNBits
    Options
    #1 worries me bc I just know I'll be right there even when I'm 50 lbs lighter. I think the only way I'll get around it is seeing pictures of myself at current weight compared to the after pics ;) Great post!
  • Kittie_Cat_89
    Kittie_Cat_89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is such a great post!

I've been trying to lose weight for the last 5 years and it is a rollercoaster. I've gained almost 21lbs from my lightest because I didn't appreciate how good I felt/looked when I was there!
    I'm now trying to limit my calorie intake, increase my exercise and lose the inches and I feel so much healthier for it after this month.

When I was at my lightest I was given a book called 'Diary of a former fat girl' (or something like that) and I read a few chapters but didn't appreciate the message behind being given that book and have ended up trying to do this again, and this time round, while I'm not letting life get in my way, I am letting it slow me down because then it will be easier to keep the weight off.

Another good quote is; 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' although please do replace skinny with healthy :)

Good luck everyone x
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Number six kinda of cracked me up because my goal weight is a weight that I would have been horrified to be at when I was a twenty something lol.
    Options
    #1 worries me bc I just know I'll be right there even when I'm 50 lbs lighter. I think the only way I'll get around it is seeing pictures of myself at current weight compared to the after pics ;) Great post!

My problem has been looking back at pics and thinking 'damn I didn't realize I was THAT heavy!'
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

1) even when you get close to your goal weight, you will probably still feel like your old, overweight self a lot of the time.
    2) this is so much harder emotionally than you ever could imagine.
    3) you will want to quit. You will want to give up. There will be days, weeks, or even months where you question everything you are doing.
    4) you will get a lot of unwanted/unsolicited advice from those you work with and those you love. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    5) it won't happen overnight. It won't happen in a week. It takes time, patience, and determination.
    6) even when you get to your goal, your body probably won't look the same as it did when you were at that weight 10-20 years ago. Gravity and time are not your friend and it takes awhile to accept your new, healthy body for what it is.
    7) you feel more unsure and insecure in the new body than in the old. Possibly because of attention you didn't receive before or your body doesn't look the way you hoped it would.
    8) REWARD yourself for little non-scale victories and small losses. Do not reward yourself with food.
    9) it takes WORK. lots and lots of work.

this is so true for me right now! Number 1 especially true!! Im down by 65lb yet I hate my body more now than i did when i was 280lb! number 6 is true for me too as with the weight loss (and two babies) has meant loose skin despite exercising and slow weight loss. Its nice to know that its not just me feeling insecure and im not alone in the way i feel!

Great post!!! xx
    Options
    This is such a great post!

I've been trying to lose weight for the last 5 years and it is a rollercoaster. I've gained almost 21lbs from my lightest because I didn't appreciate how good I felt/looked when I was there!
    I'm now trying to limit my calorie intake, increase my exercise and lose the inches and I feel so much healthier for it after this month.

When I was at my lightest I was given a book called 'Diary of a former fat girl' (or something like that) and I read a few chapters but didn't appreciate the message behind being given that book and have ended up trying to do this again, and this time round, while I'm not letting life get in my way, I am letting it slow me down because then it will be easier to keep the weight off.

Another good quote is; 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' although please do replace skinny with healthy :)

Good luck everyone x

Love that quote too! It is difficult to KEEP it off. Probably more so than to actually lose the weight. I need to check that book out!!
    Options

1) even when you get close to your goal weight, you will probably still feel like your old, overweight self a lot of the time.
    2) this is so much harder emotionally than you ever could imagine.
    3) you will want to quit. You will want to give up. There will be days, weeks, or even months where you question everything you are doing.
    4) you will get a lot of unwanted/unsolicited advice from those you work with and those you love. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    5) it won't happen overnight. It won't happen in a week. It takes time, patience, and determination.
    6) even when you get to your goal, your body probably won't look the same as it did when you were at that weight 10-20 years ago. Gravity and time are not your friend and it takes awhile to accept your new, healthy body for what it is.
    7) you feel more unsure and insecure in the new body than in the old. Possibly because of attention you didn't receive before or your body doesn't look the way you hoped it would.
    8) REWARD yourself for little non-scale victories and small losses. Do not reward yourself with food.
    9) it takes WORK. lots and lots of work.

this is so true for me right now! Number 1 especially true!! Im down by 65lb yet I hate my body more now than i did when i was 280lb! number 6 is true for me too as with the weight loss (and two babies) has meant loose skin despite exercising and slow weight loss. Its nice to know that its not just me feeling insecure and im not alone in the way i feel!

Great post!!! xx

Thanks! We are in the same boat. While my starting weight wasn't quite as high, I, too, have had 2 babies and lost slowly. Sometimes the realization of it all sucks but the way we feel about ourselves is far more important than anything. I think if we can 'fake it', confidence, we will actually get there.

You are doing great, btw!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I'd definitely say that it's really a constant struggle to eat properly, at least for me, and that it's probably never going to go away.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this!! :flowerforyou:
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great post =)
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A variation of #6 -- I assumed then when I lost the weight I would fit back into my old clothes. It turns out that with lifting, etc. I will never be that "shape" again, even if I am IN shape. My fitter butt, legs, etc. won't fit into those "skinny fat" clothes, and as much as I am proud of my progress it is frustrating to come to terms with perhaps never looking like I pictured or feeling as good in my clothes as I once did.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Number six kinda of cracked me up because my goal weight is a weight that I would have been horrified to be at when I was a twenty something lol.

So true. I wish I had appreciated my body when I was at a healthy weight instead of criticizing every dimple and extra pound. I wish I hadn't covered up or let people point out my flaws because they were insecure about themselves. I wish more people had told me to love myself because I deserved it, and we all deserve it. I look back at photos from 5 years ago and only now can I really see how beautiful I was. It breaks my heart to remember how critical I was and how much I thought I needed to change myself. This journey is as much about learning to love and appreciate yourself as it is about becoming healthier.