Freelee the banana girl rant

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I feel like this thread is reeking of 'girl hate'. :(

I don't think she cares if she looks appealing to you or if someone out there is judging her 'lack' of 'boobies'. And she clearly had enhanced breasts in case you didn't notice. Are you expecting the average woman to be rocking double Es??

Honestly, it's funny how everyone gets mad at men for having unrealistic views of women. All I see is women hating on women over and over again. ;(

No 'girl hate' from me. Just honestly replying to a post in which i agree that one woman constantly telling the world that its her way or no way is not something anyone should be advocating. and the 'small boobies' comment was a joke!!!!! Sweet lord help us all.

Funny joke. :|

I'm sort of with you. I don't like jokes about other's bodies, even if said person is horribly dangerous with their advice.

That said, the distaste for this woman should be for her words. Thigh gaps, "4000" calories of fruit, etc.? She is running amok on YouTube, and any view she gets fuels it more.

OP, I can get the, "Can't stop watching" to an extent (I've sometimes found myself unable to turn off "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding," for example).

That said, with YouTube in particular, every click of her video is fueling her industry, is bumping her to a position on whatever YT "most watched" or "recently watched" lists she's on, etc. Be mindful that even your dislike of her can be supporting her when it comes to watching her videos.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    This is why I strongly prefer fullyrawkirstina's channel for 80/10/10 videos!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    In. To see this later.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Her marketing is pretty strong, if it has you all recognizing her and talking about her and visiting her site....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Her marketing is pretty strong, if it has you all recognizing her and talking about her and visiting her site....
    I know who they're talking about because I've seen her mentioned a couple times on MFP. I couldn't pick her out of a lineup, though. No idea what she looks like. All I know is that she advocates eating 4,000 calories of bananas a day and working out a lot. Before this thread, I didn't even know she had YouTube videos.

I have not and will not go to her site, Google her or watch any of her videos, though.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I feel like this thread is reeking of 'girl hate'. :(

I don't think she cares if she looks appealing to you or if someone out there is judging her 'lack' of 'boobies'. And she clearly had enhanced breasts in case you didn't notice. Are you expecting the average woman to be rocking double Es??

Honestly, it's funny how everyone gets mad at men for having unrealistic views of women. All I see is women hating on women over and over again. ;(

No 'girl hate' from me. Just honestly replying to a post in which i agree that one woman constantly telling the world that its her way or no way is not something anyone should be advocating. and the 'small boobies' comment was a joke!!!!! Sweet lord help us all.

Funny joke. :|

I'm sort of with you. I don't like jokes about other's bodies, even if said person is horribly dangerous with their advice.

That said, the distaste for this woman should be for her words. Thigh gaps, "4000" calories of fruit, etc.? She is running amok on YouTube, and any view she gets fuels it more.

OP, I can get the, "Can't stop watching" to an extent (I've sometimes found myself unable to turn off "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding," for example).

That said, with YouTube in particular, every click of her video is fueling her industry, is bumping her to a position on whatever YT "most watched" or "recently watched" lists she's on, etc. Be mindful that even your dislike of her can be supporting her when it comes to watching her videos.

Yeah pretty much this. I don't think what she has to say about, well, most things. But criticisms should be about that, not about her body.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I watched her day in the life of a high carb vegan video out of curiousity after reading this post. I don't know how she eats all that fruit and doesn't get sick. My blood sugar would be off the wall and I'd end up passing out.

I'd never heard of her before this thread so like you I watched it too. Her food bill must be sky heigh, well it would be going to my local shops. Looks like a boring life TBH
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of her until now. I googled her, and went to her bio page. In her bio, she claims that before she started the Vegan 80/10/10 diet, she suffered from all kinds of illnesses. Acne, candida, STDs. .... STD's from her diet? Eating vegan cured her STDs?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of her until now. I googled her, and went to her bio page. In her bio, she claims that before she started the Vegan 80/10/10 diet, she suffered from all kinds of illnesses. Acne, candida, STDs. .... STD's from her diet? Eating vegan cured her STDs?
    Things the government doesn't want you to know ...

Big pharma getting rich off STD meds and all you need to do is eat bananas!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across her site and her crazy friend.

Yeah, once. No. Why do you watch something like that? Free-will, it's a thing.

Brick-Tamland.gif

That banana needs peanut butter.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Her videos always pop up on my feed and I find myself watching even when her advice and opinions are so bias and annoying because they get shoved down our throats. Her way or you aren't healthy, crap. She is also very rude in my opinion.

I just watched a video of hers talking about thigh gaps. She said Basically a thigh gap means you are healthy and if your legs touch you aren't healthy.

Anyone else find her super annoying and distasteful? Or do any of you agree with her lifestyle she is preaching? (High carb raw vegan mainly fruit) Just curious.

I just needed to rant a little bit. I would have said more but typing on the kindle is time consuming.

She has had issues with EDs in the past and now promotes another very restrictive way of eating. Classic ED behavior, and I stay clear of anything she pushes as 'healthy'.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across her site and her crazy friend.

Yeah, once. No. Why do you watch something like that? Free-will, it's a thing.

Brick-Tamland.gif

That banana needs peanut butter.

and chocolate.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have never seen any of her videos nor do I plan on it.

However, in the
    80/10/10 February Cleanse" thread, someone pointed out that she has a history of eating disorders.

Yep, that was me :) From her website under the About Me tab, right at the top, she starts out her intro with this-

"I’ve been around the block a few times if you know what I mean, I used to take recreational drugs, be anorexic and bulimic. I was a mess and I tried to hide it behind makeup and a well-rehearsed smile."

http://thebananagirl.com/about.php
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I saw "banana girl" and "shoved down our throats". And I was like "What kind of ads does MFP have now?"
  • healthnewlife
    Options
    I respect anyone's diet and whatever works for them go for it!! But they way she brings everyone down and calls out Jenna marbles on her weight gain is horrible! It's not her business on what Jenna eats. She also shows off her body in every video like great we get it, you eat bananas all day good job. ugh she's so annoying
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hard tot ake someone seriously with an ad that says

FreeLee- the raw fit bi*tch

no thanks.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Is this the same banana girl that popped up in the other raw vegan thread?

Also, isn't it bad to eat so many bananas? I'm on Yaz and my Dr. told me to go easy on them because of the potassium.

Thankfully, nothing beats a banana like nice, juicy Ribeye.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well...I kinda feel bad for her. It seems from her "about me" section that she did drugs and was anorexic and bulimic. It looks like to me (not a health professional or anything) that she never looked into getting help for her mindset and now it just went in a different direction (orthorexia).
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I have never seen any of her videos nor do I plan on it.

However, in the
    80/10/10 February Cleanse" thread, someone pointed out that she has a history of eating disorders.

Yep, that was me :) From her website under the About Me tab, right at the top, she starts out her intro with this-

"I’ve been around the block a few times if you know what I mean, I used to take recreational drugs, be anorexic and bulimic. I was a mess and I tried to hide it behind makeup and a well-rehearsed smile."

http://thebananagirl.com/about.php

Most people that are working on their diet/fitness have had some sort of disordered eating.. It's a disorder to overeat as well as undereat or overeat and 'get rid of it'

Also, at least she's being honest. Jeeez. Quit dissecting the poor girl.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that 'thigh gap' has literally nothing to do with health. It is to do with genetics and the way the pelvis sits. For some women it is literally impossible to obtain, regardless of weight!

^^This

Well she had an ED before she took up her banana fanaticism, and IMO eating a bizarre diet like this and feeling the 'need' to do that much exercise looks suspiciously like another form of disordered eating (just hiding under a banana skin). She's the last person I'd be believing when it comes to the importance of having a thigh gap.